Chapter 9:

A lifetime together

I looked at myself in the mirror again. I was wearing a black v-neck and jeans. I felt so comfortable and so... different. It had been a really long time since I had just relaxed. My mother came in and smiled. 

"Going to the movies tonight?" 

I nodded "Yep as always." 

She smiles and gives me a big hug. 

"You're growing up too fast. It's gonna be so soon that I won't see you everyday anymore." 

I begin to feel quilty. It had been so long since I had even talked to my mother. She hadn't exactly taken the news of the engagement very well. I had never really talked to her after that. I was hoping maybe this second chance thing would change it around. 

"Have fun Taehyung. Don't stay out too late." 

"I won't mom." 

I grab my keys and my wallet and walk out of my room. I get in my black car that still smells like teenage boy and it makes me laugh. It had been so long since I had droven it that it had felt unfamiliar yet so familiar to me. I knew where Jungkook's house was. But to make things less suspicious I had him text me the address. I was already getting butterflies of the idea of this being the first time we went out together. It wasn't like a date or anything but it was still a big deal. 

I pulled into the driveway and shut off the car making sure that my phone was plugged into the aux and ready to play bigbang when he got in, his favorite band. I closed my door and headed up towards the door. I knocked three times and waited for an answer. Then the doorknob turned and I was faced with Jungkook. 

"Hey Taehyung I'm just finishing getting my stuff come on in." He said cutely. 

"Thanks and take all the time you need the movie doesn't start for another hour." 

"where's Namjoon?" 

"He's meeting us there." i said. 

Hobi came up from the living room area that was seperated on a slightly lower level. 

"Oh hey Taehyung." Hobi says. 

"Hi Hobi ready?" 

"Yeah but Jungkook is still getting ready. He has to look all pretty evidently." Hobi says just too loud because Jungkook hears. 

"At least I don't have a horse face." Jungkook shoots back and Hobi laughs hard. 

I just smile and take a seat on the couch waiting for my baby boy to finish his makeup. Most people would think he's just fixing his hair. But I know him much better than that. He is definitely putting a little makeup on. 

I hear a few things close and a bag zip up and then a drawer shut. He comes showing off a face with the lightest powder on and natural looking eyeshadow. He looks beautiful really. He always had. His hair is styled so differently than from before and he looks almost older. His school outfit is replaced with a black hoodie, a pair of black jeans and red converse. He looks like a teenager now and it's conflicting. 

"Ready Jungkookie?" I ask. 

He blushes at the new name "Yeah let's go." 

We climb in the car and I turn on the music. Bigbang immediately starts playing and I see his face light up. 

"This is my favorite band." He says already starting to sing along. 

"I'm more of an SNSD guy myself." 

Jungkook laughs but Hobi just agrees with me. We all start jamming out to Bigbang and I lose track of where I am. That i'm in the past with an old Jungkook that once upon a time didn't even have feelings for me. 

But forgetting makes everything so much more... fun. I lose track of who I am and what my purpose is and I begin to give in to this new old me. I begin to love myself this way and I miss myself when I was young and naive. 

We pull into the parking lot of the theater and I see that Namjoon is already there waiting in the car for us. He rolls down the windows and laughs as he hears the bigbang blasting. 

"You guys having fun there?" 

"More than you are!" I say to him and he just laughs. 

"Well come on you idiots we have to get tickets and snacks before the movie starts." 

We all get out of the car and Namjoon and Hobi briefly get introduced. They know of each other but this is the first time they ever actually talked to each other. As for Jungkook he knows Namjoon and Namjoon obviously knows who he is. 

We go inside and pay for our tickets. I offer to pay for Jungkook's ticket if he buys the popcorn and drink. He picks out sprite and I learn right then that it's Hobi's favorite drink. He grabs two straws and we head to the theater where our movie is playing. 

Halfway through Jungkook and I reach for the popcorn at the same time and accidently touch hands. I expect him to pull away but instead he grabs my hand and entwines his fingers with me. I look at him to make sure this isn't a dream. I even smack myself to make sure. 

But it's not a dream. My Jeon Jungkok has fallen for me all over again. Fate must have wanted us to be together like this because it has happened twice now. 

The movie ends and we get up and walk out of the theater. I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened. Namjoon offers to take Hobi home and Hobi graciously accepts. That leaves Jungkook and I to ourselves. I mentally thank Namjoon and will have to personally thank him soon. 

We drive home in silence just listening to Bigbang. Both of us either too embarrassed to say anything, or too scared to. Personally I'm a bit of both sides. We pull into his driveway and I park the car. 

"Come in I want you to meet my mom and dad." 

I get out of the car and follow him inside closely. He opens the door and his family is sitting around the table. They smile when they see him. 

"How was the movie?" His mom asks. 

"Good. Guys this is Taehyung, my new friend. Taehyung this is my mom, my dad and my brother, Junghyun." 

They all smile and wave. 

"Hello Taehyung." His mother says "Please take care of my son." 

"I wouldn't think of doing any less." I say. 

"Can Tae stay for a while?" He asks. 

"Yeah sure." 

I look at my phone. It's only 8:00 so I decide to stay with him. He smiles and leads me out to the backyard where there is a huge willow tree and a swing big enough for two in it. He sits on one sied and I sit on the other. 

we sit in silence slowly rocking back and forth before he says something. 

"Sorry for holding your hand. It's just.... I'm not good at showing my feelings." 

"What feelings Jungkook?" I say bluntly. 

"I... I think I... Like you Taehyung." 

I smile and kiss his cheek. 

"It's ok Jungkook I like you too." I actually love you, I think to myself. 

He smiles and then kisses my lips softly. He pulls away after a few seconds. 

"Sorry." 

I smile "Don't be." 

We spend the rest of the night looking up at the stars and telling stories. Mostly him. All my stories are from the future and I don't want to confuse him again. 

He makes me forget that in reality I'm 25, about to get married to him and everything is falling apart. With him in his backyard looking at the stars, I'm a Junior who's biggest concern is not getting in a car accident and making sure to shower every night. With him I will always be young.