Chapter 19: (V POV)

A lifetime together

"Don't let go." 

His eyes filled with tears that make me completely lose it. I don't remember anything but his face. It's the only thing that I could pull out of the haze around me. I didn't know where I was or what was happening. All I could see was my hands entwined with his as I sat on the edge of the building. 

"Whatever you do just don't let go. I can't let you go like that." 

"I'm not letting go Jungkook I promise." 

Somewhere I can hear my own voice and the desperation behind it. I saw his tears and realized that he hadn't heard me. 

"I won't let go." i say even louder. 

"Don't let go." 

"I'm not lettting go Jungkook." My voice shakes trying to get him to realize that I would never let go. 

He just holds tightly to my hands and I realize that he can't hear me which worries me. It either means something happened to him, or something has happened to me. 

But all of a sudden out of this horrible dullness comes a light as I hear his voice, not talking to me or begging me to hold on. No, he's.... singing. I try to listen to it clearer and it finally all comes to me. 

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray, you'll never know dear how much I love you..." 

His voice shakes and I can hear each tear as it falls helplessly to the ground or rolls off his face. 

"Please don't take my sunshine away." 

His arms wrap around me and I can feel his warmth. Every tear hits my chest and I can't help but what to reach out and pull him nearer. But I can't do anything. All I can do is listen to him suffer.

There is no worse sound than that of the person you love helplessly crying out to God to save you. There is no worse sound than the tears that hit the ground with a thud so quiet but you can still here it. 

There is no worse feeling than of not being able to stop the crying. There is no worse feeling than knowing that no matter how hard you try you can't even wake yourself up enough to help them and tell them that everything will be ok. 

If you would have asked me what the worst feeling in the entire world was a few weeks ago I would have never hesitated to tell you that it was losing the one person that you thought you loved to a stupid argument. 

If you asked me now I would tell you that it was losing him like this. Listening to him lose faith in what he most believed in. Listen to him call my name several times with no physical response. 

I would tell you the feeling of knowing that at any minute he could just leave and forget you but he doesnt. The feeling that he never once falls asleep for fear of forgetting my face. 

The sounds of pencils hitting page after page of paper and trying to figure out just what he is doing. 

The worst feeling in the entire world is knowing that he will be there till your last breath. That he still hasn't given up on you. That he never will. 

I want to scream at him that he should just leave me and move on. That no matter what he does nothing can change the past. The past stays with you no matter what you do. 

You can't get a second chance at life because what you do is permanent. You can't take back the things you said, you can't undo the things you had done. You can't go back and stop the crash. 

I feel his lips touch mine. I want so badly for my lips to wrap around his but they refuse. I feel the heat leave and his tear once more. 

"They told me true love's kiss fixed everything Tae. Why would they lie to me like that?" 

He holds my hand so tight that it pains me but I know that for his sake it's his way of coping. He just keeps holding on to me making sure that he never lets go. 

"Don't leave me Taehyung whatever you do you can't leave. Don't let go" 

I feel my eyes open softly and I see his face in front of mine for the first time in what seems like forever. His eyes are streaked red as he tries to stifle his tears. 

"I will never... let... go." I cough out. 

His head lifts up and he sees me for the first time. I see a single tear run down his cheek. 

"Tae..." He whispers softly. 

"I'm here Jungkook. I'm not going anywhere I won't let go." 

He cries and quickly wraps his arms around me and we sob into each others arms to scared to move. We don't let go for fear that everything is just a dream and that none of this is real. 

But when he kisses my lips and I feel just how real he is in my own arms I know that it is real. That he is here. And I'm here right next to him. Never letting go no matter what happens. I promise. 

Forever.