Chapter 22: (JK POV)

A lifetime together

The flowers hit the ground so quickly and I rush to him as he falls into my arms quickly. I can see the fear behind his eyes and I worry for what he is seeing. But it is clear to me when he begins to speak. 

"I...can't stay here." 

"No...Tae you can't go... you promised you would never leave." 

He cries and tears flood my cheeks as well. 

"I know I did. I know I promised I would never leave. I never expected to leave like this." 

He clutches to my hand tightly and looks deep into my eyes. 

"You wanted Yellow Roses." He whispers. 

"What?" I ask. 

"Yellow... Roses... with purple ribbon laid within them. The boquet you wanted for our wedding. You had to have one and I let you pick one. You wanted the yellow roses with purple ribbon." 

"Wedding?" I ask having no clue what he's saying. 

"you somehow... forgot." 

He touches my cheek and memories flood through me and I remember just what he is talking about. That we were engaged. That we were going to spend a lifetime together. That fate brought us together the way it had. 

"Oh Taehyung...." I whisper and see him smile softly. 

He's so weak, his eyes threatening to shut but refusing to stop looking at me. The way he is limp in my arms scares me to death. 

"Don't forget our song." he says. 

"how could I?" I ask between tears. 

He smiles up at me. 

"You are... my sunshine..." He starts and tears flood my cheeks again. 

"My....only..sun..shine." 

I wrap him up so tightly for fear of losing him this quickly again. 

"You... make me happy when skies are gray." I continue and see him start to shed tears again. 

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you." My throat tightens knowing the next line. 

"It's ok Jungkook. It's... ok." 

His hand starts fading away and I try to reach for it but can't. He smiles up at me. 

"You... were my ...everything." He says. 

"And you were my lifeline." I say to him. 

I watch as more of him slowly fades to ashes. He touches my cheek with his other hand. 

"Please.. don't... take.. my sunshine...." He says but can barely finish the line before he's gone.

The ashes scatter with the wind that picks up. At first I can't feel anything and I think maybe this is a dream. But then I feel it. I start to hyperventilate as the tears won't stop. I scream out to the world that won't answer me. The flower petals also leave me. 

"Come back!" I scream to him knowing he will never hear me. "Please come back." 

I limp against the ground and just scream letting tears stream forever. Nothing in the world can make this pain go away. Nothing but him. And now he's gone. 

"I miss you please!" I scream. 

I sit up long enough to say the one thing that I can manage to not scream out. 

"Please don't take my sunshine away." 

I limp against the ground again trying to cope but not being able to stop any of this pain. I just want him to stay here with me. I just wanted to live a lifetime togther. I just keep crying hoping he'll be back and that all of this is just a dream. 

"I wish he was back." I whisper. 

Be careful what you wish for.