Chapter 8: (V POV)

A lifetime together

I head towards the main hallway and stand against the wall waiting for Jungkook. Hobi told me that we would meet here so that I could take him to piano lab. I had one earphone in and I looked around for him. That's when I saw his small figure carrying his bag and I smiled. Just as a adorable as I had remembered him. He saw me and waved me down even though I wasn't going anywhere without him. 

"Just where I said I'd be." I say. 

"You didn't lie. You just scored some brownie points." 

I laugh at him "Come on cutie." 

He blushes a bit and then we walk down the crowded hall towards the piano lab which is on the other side of the school. Halfway through I feel a slight tug on my arm and see that he is holding on to me so that he doesn't get lost. His eyes look up into mine and I smile. He's too cute. 

We walk in and already Mrs. Chang is talking to Jeana. She is her absolute favorite and it makes me mad. She clearly can't see true talent. I mean between me and Yoongi there has to be more than just Jeana to her. 

Speaking of the devil, Yoongi walks in and sets his stuff down next to me at my keyboard with Jungkook next to me. Jungkook tenses up just a bit and I look at him. Just like Deja Vu he moves closer to me. I smile at him softly. 

"Why if it isn't the new boy. I never did catch you name." Yoongi says to Jungkook. 

Jungkook seems nervous so I answer for him. 

"His name is Jungkook so now why don't you just shut up." I say to him. 

"Excuse the hell out of me for trying to be friendly Taehyung." He turns to his keyboard and starts messing around on the keys. 

As much as I hate him the way his fingers move against those keys are just like magic. Jungkook leans close to me. 

"Thank you." He says to me. 

"anytime. I'll always protect you." He smiles and blushes again and the bell rings. 

"Alright kiddos today is pretty easy just keep working on your peices for recital. Jungkook I will help you out and give you an assignment but first I want to see what you can do. Alright everyone get to work." 

I immediately start playing. I get so lost in the music that i don't even notice Jungkook get's up and goes to the teacher's piano. That is until I hear everyone has stopped. Everyone but him and I. I stop and begin to watch him play. I wish that I had remembered how good he was before he gave up. I become mesmerized again as his hands press the keys so softly yet so intensely. 

He never once looks up but focuses on his keys as he taps the most beautiful song that I had never heard, yet wanted to hear so much more of. When he's done we all give him a round of applause and he just blushes super hard. It makes him smile super bright when he looks over at me smiling with a wide grin and clapping the loudest. He comes back over and Mrs. Shin smiles at him. 

"Well Jeon Jungkook I think you are more than ready for recital. Welcome to our Piano Class." 

"Thank you" He says shyly. 

Everyone appraises him with "Wow that was amazing" and "Oh my god how did you do that." Everyone but Jeana. It actually makes me love it so much more. The fact that she is so pissed about Jungkook getting the spotlight just makes things 10 times better. 

Piano is the last class of the day and when the bell rings Jungkook and I are the last ones out. 

"Hey we're going to the movies tonight if you want to come. It'll just be Namjoon and I. You can bring Hobi if you want." I say to him. 

"Really that sounds great. I'll ask my mom but I'm sure she'll say yes." 

Just as we walk out the hall Hobi stands there. 

"What's up guys?" 

"We're going to the movies later wanna come?" 

"Sure. I haven't been to the movies in a while." 

"Great. I'll pick both of you up around 5?" 

"Sounds good." Jungkook says. 

I smile as the two leave to catch the bus. I head out to Namjoon's car where him and Jin are kissing. 

"Eew!" I yell out making them jump back and when they see me, laugh. 

"We on for the movies tonight?" i ask Namjoon. 

"Totally." 

"Cool Jungkook and Hobi are coming too I invited them." 

He nods. "Sounds good to me. Sorry you can't make it baby." He says to Jin. 

"It's fine I'll be there next time though." 

"You better" They kiss goodbye and I get in the car. 

Namjoon gets in and starts it. 

"So how'd it go with lover boy." He asks me. 

"Yah! Shut up, I'm doing things different this time. By now he would have already completely fallen for me." 

"You're saying he hasn't?" he says. 

"Probably not. I kinda freaked him out earlier remember. Besides I set the flirt-o-meter to low today." 

"Bet that changes tonight." 

"Shut up and drive." I say to him and he just laughs. 

We drive home and as soon as I step foot into my driveway I begin to realize how weird this is going to be. Going home for the first time in a really really long time. I guess second chances means with everything.