Chapter 16:

A lifetime together

I lied down next to him in the grass enjoying the sun that was hitting my face. Even after what had happened yesterday I was able to look at him and still be in love with him. It was a strange feeling. Being so in love with both sides of him. It felt like a sin. 

He smiled at me and then looked back up at the sky. 

"I still can't believe that Mrs. Kim just let us go like that." 

"I can. I've kind of always been on her good side even if she won't admit it. So she lets me go places." 

He laughs a bit and then turns on his side and looks at me. 

"What am I like in the future?" 

I turn over and look at him. My smile must concern him because I see a slight fear begin to manifest in his eyes. 

"You're just as adorable. You giggle all the time whenever I say something that pleases you. You absolutely love flowers and how they look with ribbon in them. You're the same old Jungkook just older and less innocent." 

He smiles. "How much less?" 

"Not that much. Just enough." 

He puts his hand on my cheek. 

"Then why would you want a second chance with me?" He asks and I ponder it. 

I had been wondering the same thing for the last day. I was absolutely more than content with my Jungkook, so why would I want to go back and try to change everything?

"I guess I just wanted to make everything right. But fate has other plans sometimes." 

"Make what right?" 

I smile at him. "I wouldn't take away your innocence the same way. You would fall in love with me slower and make me work for it. But I guess that fate meant for us to be together this quickly, for us to fall in love and never leave each other for the rest of our lives." 

He leans over and kisses me soft and slowly. I relished in every single second of it. Not wanting to let go until I absolutely had to. He pulled back and looked at me. His eyes had glazed over with what I could only describe as soft lust. 

He leaned back in and kissed me again a little rougher. I his bottom lip and he granted me access to slip my tongue into his mouth. His hands were entwined in my hair and he was lying on top of me. I pulled back this time taking a minute to look at him. 

"Don't go to fast Kookie." 

"I won't." He kissed me again but softly and I knew that was the end of that. 

I got up and he followed after me. I grabbed his hand. 

"come on I want to show you something."

He follows me around to the front of the school where there are a set of stairs that lead to the upper level gym. We walk through the doors and then up another flight of stairs that lead to the roof.

I open the doors and the spring air hits my face. I walk out to the edge and look out over. Jungkook is hesitant but eventually follows after me. He stands looking over the edge at the world below us. A two story building and yet I can see everything for miles. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. He lies his head against my back. 

"Why did we come here?" 

I turn around and wrap my arms around his waist pulling him closer. 

"Because you deserve a little peace in this disaster." 

He smiles at me.  I pull him in and kiss his lips softly as he wraps his arms around my neck. I pick him up and set him on the ledge never letting go of him for fear of him falling. He holds tightly to me. He must be just as afraid.  His hands wrap around mine tightly and I hold them to my chest so that I can make sure he never falls. 

"Don't let me go." He says, voice shaking. 

"I would never let you go." 

He smiles and we spend the rest of the class period out there looking at the city below us. I would stay here all day but at some point we have to go to class. I don't want to wake up back at home with future Jungkook. But I also don't want to leave him and have everything fall apart that I have worked so hard to keep together for so long. 

I was faced with a difficult situation. Fall in love with him all over again, or stay in love with him and marry him. I thought I would never have to make that decision in my entire life.