Chapter 12:

A lifetime together

I walked into the office. I was still in shock from everything at the moment. My assistant, Audrey came up to me. 

"Good Morning Mr. Kim, coffee?" 

"Thanks Audrey." She hands me the cup and I set my briefcase on my desk. 

I sat in my chair. 

"Mr. Kim you have an appointment at..." 

"Cancel everything today Audrey. I need to get a lot of work done." I interrupted. 

"Right away sir." 

She goes to work on canceling all my appointments. Meanwhile I go to work on trying to figure out what is happening. I get my phone out of my pocket and look at it. The screen is slightly cracked from dropping it earlier. I see a message from Namjoon and I open it. 

"How'd it go with lover boy?" 

"Fine. I can't exactly talk right now." 

Jin texts me. 

"Hey are you ok? I heard you passed out last night after drinking with Namjoon." 

So Jin was here too. But Namjoon was still in the past. I tried calling Jungkook again. 

"Tae are you ok? Why aren't you at school?" 

"Long story. Look I need you to do me a favor ok?" 

There was a hesitation. 

"Ok." 

"I need you to keep an eye on Jin and yourself ok. Make sure nothing weird happens." 

There was another hesitation. 

"Are you ok?" 

"I'm fine Jungkook just please for me." 

With that he complies. He asks me two or three more times if I'm ok and if I'll be back at school tommorow. 

"Maybe. Don't count on it though ok." 

"O...Ok." He stutters. 

"Hey Jungkook." 

"Yeah Tae?" 

"I love you." 

He giggles "I love you too." 

I hang up and then begin writing out a list of things that might help me figure things out. 

To start: 

1. Jungkook is both here and in the past and is responsive to me. 

2. Jin is definitely here 

3. Namjoon is in the past

4. Jungkook has no idea what is going on in both dimensions. 

5. I'm living a double life

I put my pencil down and look at it. My phone buzzes and I see that it's a text from Jungkook. 

"Tae I don't think Jin is doing really good. He seems a bit off and unresponsive. Namjoon keeps trying to get his attention but nothing is happening. Is everything ok?" 

I slammed my fist on the desk and cussed under my breath. 

"Everything's fine. Just keep an eye on yourself ok." 

"Ok. Please be here tommorow I really need you here." 

I finished the rest of the day out without another text from him so I figured that everything was going to be ok. I got home and set everything on the counter. I walked into the living room where Jungkook was sitting on the couch with the wedding planner in front of him. The scent of cookies on the air. I loosened my tie. 

"Tired baby?" 

I smiled at him. Even if this was another Jungkook he was still my Jungkook. 

"Until I saw you." 

He giggles and I sit down next to him. I caress his face gently before putting my lips against his. I was trying to make sure that he was still real. That I wasn't dreaming when I had seen him this morning. And he was completely real. I pulled back and looked at him. His brown eyes looking into mine with innocence. 

"I've had a long day baby. I'm gonna call it a night." 

"Ok... I love you Tae." He calls out as I walk towards the bedroom. 

"I love you too Jungkookie." 

I slip into more comfortable clothes and lie on the bed staring at my phone. I keep waiting for a text knowing that something is wrong. I can't possibly have this much peace. Just as my eyes are closing I hear it go off. 

I reach over and look at it. 

"Goodnight Tae I love you too" 

I smile and then shut my eyes hoping that when I wake up everything will be normal. 

My alarm goes off and I sit up slowly. I rub my eyes sleepily and then look around. Everything is normal.

Except I'm back in my room at my mom's house. 

Great.