Chapter 17: (JK POV)

A lifetime together

He held on to my hands so tightly I thought my fingers would break. But I didn't want to fall off the ledge. So I held on tight and trusted that he wouldn't let go. If it had beem anyone else I would have jumped down immediately. But I knew that somehow that I could trust him. Afterall I was still in his life after all those years. 

I looked into his eyes deeply trying to see what I could see from them. They were soft which I could only see as full of love, there was slight intensity that was his fear and a bit of lust. 

I studied every single detail of them, and then I looked at his face as a whole. The way his eyes fit so perfectly on his face, the small yet so intense face of his, the way his smile made a boxy shape. 

Even the way he stood was mesmerizing to me. His hands entwined with mine, his shoulders a bit forward, so tall yet so gentle. I was lost in looking at him that I hadn't even noticed the slight shift of his hand to my chin. That is until it was lifted up so that my lips were against his. I was taken aback but didn't even hesitate to kiss him back. 

I could have fallen off that ledge right there and died happy. But he would never let that happen to me. He still held onto my hand tightly. I was so lost in our kiss and the wind all around us that I hardly noticed when the bell rang. 

Lucky for us he had. 

"Come on Kookie we should probably get to class." 

"One more?" I begged adding a bit of aeygo to help get my way. 

He smiled and then kissed me again softly. He picked me up and took me off the ledge and set me down on the ground. He entwined his fingers with mine once more as we walked to the cafeteria to find Namjoon, Jin, Hobi and Jimin. 

As usual Hobi was waving us down with a huge smile plastered to his face. Jimin's nose was in another book and I couldn't help but laugh at how much he loved books. A new one everyday. We sat down next to them. 

"Where's Namjoon and Jin?" 

"They are on their way." Hobi says. 

We sit and wait for them. They finally walk in holding hands and looking just too perfect with each other. It makes my heart happy to see them that way. They sit down and we all begin talking. 

"You guys wanna go somewhere for lunch. I'm a bit tired of the same old thing." Hobi says. 

"Yeah let's go."  

We're stopped by Yoongi as we are leaving. 

"What do you want Yoongi?" Tae says in a tone I haven't heard in a while. 

"Listen, I wanted to first of all say I'm sorry for whatever it is that I did to you guys. And secondly I was coming to tell Jungkook that you have real talent kid. You should do something with it." 

I blush. "Thank you." 

"Where are you guys headed?" 

"Out for lunch wanna come?" Hobi asks.  

"Yeah why not." Yoongi says and we all head out. 

It's just a car ride to the nearest convience store. But it's more than that when he plays bigbang for me. It's when he puts his hand on my thigh and looks into my eyes singing everyword.  It's the way I sing every word back to him. It's the way that even within a few minutes I'm so happy with him. 

And then it's the way I'm screaming at him for him to look at the road. It's the way his arm goes across my chest, it's the way he turns the wheel and I feel every inch of my being tense as the car rolls. It's the way the glass sounds when it shatters. It's how it feels when the car hits the ground every time. It's the way I look over and see the glass scratch his face leaving trails of  blood down his face. And just when I think maybe we're ok I hear the screams once more as another car slams into us. 

I look over at Tae, his eyes are shut and his body limp against the seat, his face is covered in blood and his hands are still around the wheel. He looks peaceful, too peaceful and I worry for the worst. I scream his name as loud as I can in hopes for a response. I run out of air and fall limp against the seat seeing black as the world around me crashes down. 

But I hear his voice as he tries to respond. 

"I'm so sorry Jungkook."