Chapter 21: (V POV)

A lifetime together

It was slow going. But eventually a year had passed. I had never once gone back to the future and I was glad I hadn't. I just didn't know how I could ever face it again knowing the things I know now. 

Jungkook was there for every single nightmare. He was there for every single morning when it was hard to get out of bed. And he was there on the days when all I wanted was to wrap my arms around him and hold him close to me. He was always there and I was never afraid. 

But one day I looked at him and he was just different. He looked so much older... I was afraid to touch him and I had begun to see that he had really grown up. He just looked at me differently too. 

"When did we grow up?" He asks me as we're lying on the couch one night. 

"I don't know. I guess when we were forced to." I say to him and he smiles and rolls over so that he's facing me.

He smiles and kisses my lips and I immediately hold him tighter. Something about the way he kissed me let me know that this was going further than just a kiss. And when he pushed his lips harder I wasn't even surprised. I just pulled him closer to me and welcomed his kiss. 

What had surprised me was when he bit my lip and put his tongue into my mouth trying to claim dominance over me. But that was short lived when I rolled over and trapped him underneath me. He just looked up and giggled at me. 

I quickly kissed him and I heard him moan under my lips. I grinned and then quickly got up. 

"Yah where are you going?" He asked me. 

I walked to the back hall. 

"You coming or what?" I called out to him as soon as I knew i was far enough away to drive him crazy. 

I walked into the bedroom and heard him come in not long after. 

"You are a mad man Taehyung." He says eyeing me. 

"Oh yeah and why's that Jungkook?"

To answer me he jumps into my arms and immediately wraps his lips on mine. I try to push him against the wall but instead end up tripping backward and landing on the bed. He just giggles. 

"I guess that solves that problem." 

We fall into each other like pieces to a puzzle. Every little piece fitting perfectly. The way he touches me gives me confidence and the way that I hold him lets him know that I will never let go of him. 

He lies against my arm and is breathing heavily. So am I to be honest. He cuddles into me like I'm his lifeline and I hold him tightly. He kisses my neck softly. 

"You ok baby?" i ask him and he nods softly. 

We fall asleep in each others arms away from any nightmares, away from anything haunting us. Just together fighting against the world. 

We walk into class where Namjoon and Jin are sitting already talking up a storm. That's to be expected of them. They fell in love more than I had ever remembered. I guess I wasn't the only one with a second chance. 

After our teacher had finished speaking I grabbed Jungkook's hand and notioned for Namjoon and Jin to follow after us. We walked out and into the hallway. We reached the front door and walked out. 

I knew where I was going. It was the one place I had been dying to take him since meeting him but never got the chance. 

"Where are we going?" He asked me. 

"An adventure." I said entwining my fingers in his. 

We came to a small gazebo that opened the rose garden to us. All around were the most extravagant flowers in colors that I couldn't believe were real. At first he seemed concerned but when he looked up at me and smiled I knew that I had brought him to the right place. 

He looked at a yellow one. 

"My favorites." He said smelling it. 

"I had no idea." I told him and he smiled. 

"Always have been. I just like the way they look and smell." 

I smiled and then picked one and gave it to him. He smiled so brightly as he breathed in it's scent. 

"It's beautiful Taehyung." 

"Just like you." I said. 

I looked over and saw Namjoon and Jin looking at the red roses. They must be Jin's favorite. I look back at Jungkook who's taking in as many as he can into his hands. I just laugh at how beautiful he looks with the boquet of yellow roses in his hand. He comes to me and then hands me one. 

"You need one too." 

"Really?" 

He nods as he sticks it behind my ear. I smile and then grab one and put it behind his ear. He looks even more angelic this way. I put my hand on his face and just stare into his eyes. 

And then it hits. A pain in my chest that feels like my heart is trying to rip out of my chest. My hand immediately rests against it and I limp to the ground. 

"Taehyung?" Jungkook asks worriedly. 

Namjoon and Jin rush over to me. They are all around me as the pain continues. And then all my memories rush back to me. And what sticks out the most is the dream that he had. 

The same thing that is happening to me is playing over in my head and I fall into his arms. 

"Jungkook...I...can't stay here." I whisper out as he pushes hair out of my face. 

"I... can't stay here." I reapeat