Chapter 18:

A lifetime together

I'm looking out over the edge of the building again. Everything below me seems so far yet so close. What if I just jumped now? What if he let go of me and I fell? would it really be that bad? 

I keep looking, seeing nothing and yet I can see everything. 

"Don't let go." He says to me. 

But I want to. I want to let go and fall, maybe I would never hit the ground. Maybe I could just float forever and never once see the ground. Just keep looking at him reaching for me but never catching me. Or maybe he would come after me. 

"Don't let go" he says. 

But all I want to do is let go just to see what happens. They say curiosity killed the cat. But is that really the worst way to go? Just having a question answered for you and experiencing something new. If curiosity really killed the cat then I would have died ten times over. 

"Don't let go" He says, voice stern yet gentle. 

Maybe he can't see how curious I am to find out what happens. Maybe he's just as curious but he's afraid. I, on the other hand, am all too willing to fall off and see what happens. 

"Let go." I say to him catching him off guard. 

He doesn't move an inch, but I guess he never really had to. His hands let go of mine and I never fully process what exactly made that happen. Before I know it I'm falling off the ledge for far longer than what seems like 2 stories. I hit the ground with a thud and open my eyes quickly. 

My breathing is heavy and ragged as I take in the scenery around me. A hospital bed, walls of white and everywhere around me monitors. I realize quicky that I'm in a hospital after the crash that I was in. Hobi sits next to me, a cast around his arm and visible scars that didn't need stitches. He smiles at me as I slowly sit up. 

Every muscle in my body aches and creaks as I try to loosen them up. 

"You were out for a long time." Hobi says very mellow. 

"How long?" i say sighing at the new found relief of my muscles. 

"A week about. The doctors didn't realize that you had sustained such an injury." 

I feel the bandage around my head and realize that my arm is also in a cast. 

"Do you remember anything?" He asks. 

"A few things. I remember the crash happening and just slightly after it. Everything after that is blurry." 

"You were out before the paramedics had even been called" 

I continued to stretch out. 

"Be careful Jungkook." Hobi warns me. 

"Where are the others?" I ask assuming they're fine considering he's not to distraught. 

"They're fine for the most part." 

"What does that mean?" I ask looking at him this time. 

"Jimin, Yoongi and I are fine. Namjoon and Jin were fine to begin with, they sustained a few scratches but nothing to bad..." He stops and I stare at him. 

"You left him out what happened?" I said noticing the way his eyes darted to the floor. 

"Jungkook just chill out ok." He says. 

"That's like telling a fish to breathe out of water Hyung, what happened to him?" 

He looks me dead in the eyes and immediately I can't breathe. 

"He's in a coma and has been for as long as you have. The doctors are more worried about him than they were with you. His injury is worse. He had a ruptured aneurysm in his brain and the doctors had to perform emergency surgery. Ever since then he has been out. They worry that he may never wake up. Even if he does he may not remember much. " 

I feel my entire body sink. My heart hurts and my lungs are burning so much that I can't even breathe. All I can feel is the constant beat of my heart as I slowly process every word he has just said. My Taehyung is in a coma after an aneurysm. My Taehyung may never wake up. 

"Don't let go" He says. 

But now it's not him in that spot. It's me as I hold on to him for dear life. Holding onto his hands so tightly they could break under the pressure. 

"Don't let go." i say to him with tears. 

"Whatever you do just don't let go. I can't let you go like that." 

He doesn't respond, just holds on. 

"Don't let go."