Chapter 10: (JK POV)

A lifetime together

I wake up in a cold sweat. I look around me trying to see if he's there or if it was just a dream. I'm relieved to see that I'm still in my own room and alone. I sigh and look up at the ceiling. My dream had caught me by surprise and had kind of scared me. Normally they were about Sehun and his abusive power over me. 

But this time it was about Taehyung. 

I still hadn't fully decided if it was a good dream or not. It started out good but once I had realized what was going on I was a bit freaked out. 

It started out normally. I was the same old me. The same school, same friends same everything. But what had really freaked me out was when Taehyung wasn't the same. He still looked like he did now. But he was...lost and different. His eyes weren't as young as they were right now. And the way he looked at me was completely different.

And then everything went black. A few glitches of colors that I never really saw again. But I was somewhere new. Somewhere I had never seen before. I was sitting on a couch. A wedding planner in front of me. Shoes by the door, expensive shoes at that. In the air was a scent of fresh baked cookies. Normally I would have been freaked out. But my dreamself seemed so comfortable. 

He walked in and loosened his tie. 

"Tired baby?" I asked him and he nodded. 

He turned around and it was his face. The eyes that were so intense yet soft, the face that had caught me offguard. He smiled at me and then came closer. I tried screaming to myself to get away from him. That something bad would happen. But I wasn't listening. 

"I was until I saw you." He touches my face so softly and I hear myself...giggle? 

I look at him as he kisses my lips gently. 

That was when I woke up. I was so confused and scared. Had I really gone to the future? Was he actually telling the truth earlier? 

My phone buzzed and I reached over to look at it. I saw Taehyung's name and my heart jumped a bit. But once I had calmed down I reached over and grabbed it. 

"Hey sorry I just couldn't sleep and I wanted to see if you were still awake." 

"yeah I'm awake." 

"Oh ok" 

"what's up Tae" 

"Just couldn't sleep. I usually am like this tho." 

"Why" 

"I don't really know I just have had troubles sleeping since I was about 14" 

"ah" 

"Yeah why are you up"

"nightmares" 

"Wanna talk about it" 

I didn't really want to tell him that he was in my dream. But I also felt like I could trust him with my other nightmares that usually woke me up. 

"Just my ex" 

"What happened. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want I just am wondering" 

I hesitated for a second. 

"It's kind of a lot to take in." 

"It's ok I can take a lot." 

I smiled even though he couldn't see it 

"I just had an abusive boyfriend so there are nights when I fall asleep and he's there and there are other nights when I can't sleep because of him. I'm so afraid of running into him." 

I pressed the send button. Several times I say that he was typing and then watched it go away. Had I scared him away? 

"I promise that won't happen Jungkook. I will protect you from him." 

I made a noise somewhere between a gasp and a squeal. I was absolutely blushing right now and I was so glad he couldn't see. 

"Jungkook I know that you're afraid of me. But I promise you that  I would never do anything to hurt you. " 

"What are you saying." 

I waited for his reply. It seemed that he had a hard time saying what we were both thinking. I just kept watching my screen hoping that at any second my phone would go off and there would the message that confirmed what I already knew. 

Eventually I fell asleep and for the first time ever I didn't have a nightmare. I had a good dream about Taehyung and I. Nothing like the first one but still sweet enough that it was better than ever. 

When I woke up I looked at my phone and saw the little notification. 

"I'm saying I love you" 

I could have fainted right there.