Epilogue: To the World: Irene and Wendy

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every year, their university would have a carnival at the end of the summer break and right before the start of the new school semester. This year was no exception, except that the campus had managed to have a bigger stage set up in the campus field.

All of the members of Blue Vanguards were hired to put up their performance, along with other famous underground artistes and the students were all hyped up for it.

“You sure you want to do this?” Wendy asked and after blowing out a breath, the newbie performer with hot pink streaks in her hair replied a yes.

“Very well then. Don’t forget, I am always with you,” Wendy winked to her girlfriend who had now adopted the stage name of Irene, a really fitting name in Wendy’s opinion.

“Irene, don’t screw up, you will ruin our reputation,” Jennie joked and suffered a hard punch from Wendy.

Jennie sniggered as she wound her arm around her girlfriend.

“President… you are really going to perform,” Lisa said slightly breathlessly.

Joohyun as Irene nodded resolutely.

 

“Hurry, I got us seats!” Joy exclaimed and motioned the members of the investment club over impatiently. Some of them included Doyoung, Jaehyun, Mark, Taeil and the other junior members.

They all looked sceptically at the over-enthusiastic girl.

“Well… they say tonight’s performance is mainly rap and punk songs… which is not really our style so I don’t know why you are so hyped up over it,” Doyoung said arrogantly.

“Oh! Just wait. There is an upcoming performance by a famous underground hip hop crew and you will fall in love with them.”

“Sure…” some of the members of the club replied uncertainly.

“Joy! You guys are finally here, it is Blue Vanguard’s turn to perform next!” Seulgi said excitedly as she joined them. “Oh right, Taeyeon is here too.”

“Senior Taeyeon?!” The club members asked in unison.

“Seulgi nodded with a bright smile. Oh! There she is!” Seulgi pointed to where the said senior was with an arm around another beautiful lady who later introduced herself as Tiffany to the rest of the members.

“Irene’s third time performing right?” Taeyeon cocked her head over to Joy and Seulgi, asking nervously.

“Yea… the first time she performed, she accidentally took the entire verse of Wendy’s lyrics. Hopefully she doesn’t do the same this time round. The crowd is rather massive and besides… she is the infamous Club President of this school.”

Before long, the rock band that was on stage had just finished the last bit of their performance and the stage lights went out.

The student emcees then announced the next performers.

“Next up, we have the Blue Vanguards!”

The atmosphere went up several notches. Cries and catcalls went up all over the place and Joy chortled when she saw the look of unease on majority of her club members. There was a delayed silence before a beam of blue light hit the stage and basking in that light was Wendy as she began to rap their first performance of the night, ‘love the way you lie’ by Eminem feat Rihanna. It was undoubtedly one of the hit rap songs of all time and immediately caught the heart of the audience.

Wendy’s rap was fierce yet fluid at the same time and when she was done with the verse, Rose and Jisoo had covered the vocal part by Rihanna. Their hip hop crew was like the best amalgamation of talents.

There was a bridge part where Jennie and Lisa did their dance, captivating their audiences thoroughly, even the investment club members.

Simple compliments escaped from the club members’ mouth.

“Wow, Joy…” Doyoung said with a nod of approval. “This is really rather entertaining.”

Joy and Seulgi snickered. The club members had not even realised that they were watching Seungwan. Joy then jabbed at Doyoung’s ribs with her elbow. “Just wait. The best part is coming up.”

Right as she said those words, a pink beam of light hit the stage and under it, stood Irene. Irene, the newbie rapper who was dishing out her rap verse like the world did not matter to her. Irene was a natural, Wendy had said, Joy and Seulgi were forced to agree the first few times they listened to the Club President but now, this day, this night, they agreed fully.

Irene was dazzling, the equal of Wendy.

“Joy, tell me I am seeing things,” Doyoung said rigidly.  

“I think I am seeing things too,” Jaehyun gasped.

Then a junior stated what that ‘thing’ was. “Isn’t that our Lady President?!”

Mouths fell agape all about them. Joy and Seulgi roared with laughter upon the sight of them all.

Wendy and Irene began to face off with each other and they shared the subsequent rap verses, like passing a baton to eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter