Chapter 12: Lips to Lips

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Seungwan had opened the liquor that she had bought when she first moved into the dormitory. Drinking in the dormitory was against the rules but Seungwan did not live by rules, especially not at night.

Joohyun was towelling her hair dry when she saw Seungwan open the bottle of alcohol. The President did not stop her roommate because she thought Seungwan must have really needed it. Besides, as long as Seungwan was drinking in her presence then all should be well. Joohyun could prevent the girl from doing silly things if there was a need to but the President prayed there was no need to.

In a few days of being in each other’s presence almost every single moment of their day, Joohyun found it hard to imagine her life without Seungwan in it. The two of them had become so comfortable with each other’s presence and also too used to it. When Joohyun was done with her hair, she took a seat beside Seungwan. Their bodies were so close each other, like every other night where they enjoyed the mere presence of each other.

Seungwan had been drinking directly from the bottle, with one earpod in. Her head bobbed rhythmically to the music which Joohyun guessed, was hiphop again. The practice pitch earlier in the afternoon must have had affected Seungwan’s moods greatly. Joohyun felt really sorry about pushing Seungwan so hard and upsetting her. The look of hurt on Seungwan’s face had crushed Joohyun’s heart so thoroughly that Joohyun only wished she could retract her words.

“You want some?” Seungwan suddenly asked, offering the bottle to Joohyun.

 

The President looked at it tentatively before taking the bottle and drank directly from it, like how Seungwan had done it. Thinking that the President might be holding onto the bottle for quite some time, Seungwan then continued to immerse herself in her music until she heard Joohyun choke and almost sputtered out her drink.

Startled, Seungwan looked in Joohyun’s direction and found the President’s face slowly reddening. A grin then broke out on Seungwan’s face as she guessed what might have happened. The President is not a seasoned drinker…

Trying to reign in her laughter, Seungwan clamped a hand over and used the other hand to pat the President’s back. Every littlest thing that she learnt about the President still amazes Seungwan and even though the incident in the afternoon had caused some tension between them, Seungwan had never stopped caring for Joohyun. 

Joohyun nodded her head in response to her pats but her cough had not abated, instead they became more violent and that was when Seungwan became slightly worried. Seungwan got up and out of the room briskly before returning with a warm mug of water and offering it to Joohyun.

Joohyun took the mug gratefully and took small sips out of it.

“Slowly,” Seungwan said.

“Thank you,” Joohyun replied.

After seeing that Joohyun was fine, Seungwan could not help but sputter into laughter, “President, you… don’t drink?”

The President’s response came back in the form of a sad pout and a baleful look which, in Seungwan’s eyes, looked like the most adorable thing in the planet. Who knew that the President of an Investment Club could actually look this vulnerable and cute. Seungwan wanted to do nothing more than to pinch the girl’s cheeks but managed to restrain herself.

Clearing as she looked away, Seungwan then took the bottle of liquor by its neck and took a few large mouthfuls. The alcohol went down easily, warming her body and muddling her mind. It suddenly occurred to Seungwan that she should not be in the same room as Joohyun, especially not now when she was getting tipsy. This was a mistake.

The drinker then made another mistake when she stood up to quickly and felt as if the world was spinning. Seungwan stumbled a little before she managed to steady herself by grabbing hold onto the ladder rail of their double deck bed frame. Yet, that was not the only thing that was steadying her as she felt a strong hold on her arm. Seungwan made a sharp turn to meet Joohyun but had not expected their faces to be only inches of each other when she did so.

Joohyun… s-so pretty…

 

Joohyun was embarrassed, so embarrassed that she had proved herself an inept drinker before Seungwan. Fortunately, Seungwan seemed to be in no mood to taunt her about her poor drinking abilities. The girl had watched Seungwan drink generously from the bottle and was beginning to grow worried that Seungwan might be drinking too fast.

Before Joohyun could voice her concerns, the girl had stood up suddenly and Joohyun saw her stumble. The President reached out for the falling girl by reflex but did not expect their faces to be so close to each other when Seungwan had turned.

Dear Gods, Seungwan is so pretty…

Time stood still as they two girls were lost in each other’s eyes. Then before Joohyun could make sense of the erratic beating of her heart, Seungwan had closed the gap in between them. The beating of her heart quickened and Joohyun’s eyes went really wide as she drank in the features of Seungwan. Unable to restrain herself, the President had taken the girl’s chin in her tiny hand, angling her neck and leant in for their long-anticipated kiss.

Seungwan reciprocated as their lips locked with each other’s. It has been almost a few days since they shared most of their time together. They kissed passionately, devouring whatever little innocence was left in the other. Joohyun thought she was going mad, mad with lust for the girl who was embracing her right now. Never has she even come close to having romantic feelings with someone yet she was feeling everything with Seungwan right now. This girl whom she was curious about right from the start and whom she had gotten closer to and eventually… love.    

Son Seungwan, do you know how desirable you are?

President… Bae Joohyun… let me have you tonight…

Joohyun soon found her hands fumbling beneath Seungwan’s shirts and Seungwan did the same. Then, Seungwan went rigid, like a motor that had its engine killed off suddenly.   

“Seungwan or Wendy?”

“What do you mean?” Joohyun asked, confusion in her voice.

“Who do you prefer? Seungwan or Wendy?” Seungwan replied.

“Both. I love both,” Joohyun answered without hesitation, doing her best to sound as sincere as possible but she still saw the doubt in Seungwan’s voice.

It must have been the incident that took place in the afternoon that made Seungwan mistrust the President’s words.

Joohyun then brought up her other hand to cup Seungwan’s face. “Both are you, I know that and I have said it many times before. I love every side of you. Please, don’t doubt that.”  

Then she felt Seungwan’s tight grip on her own arms and before Joohyun knew it, Seungwan had dove for their bed, bringing Joohyun down with her. Joohyun gasped but she saw the steely glint in Seungwan’s eyes and decided to trust the girl fully. Clasping her own hands behind Seungwan’s neck, Joohyun closed her eyes as she revelled in Seungwan’s gentle touches. The President snickered a little when she felt Seungwan fumbling with her shirt right then. Seungwan… you are just as… eager but inexperienced…

“President, are you prepared to get expelled for this?” Seungwan asked suddenly.

Joohyun’s eyes opened in panic and her brows furrowed suddenly, worrying about the consequence. Nonetheless, she still held Seungwan tight, tight enough to indicate her interest in wanting to continue sharing more contact with Seungwan.

Then, she heard Seungwan’s laughter this time round. “Perhaps not, let’s not go all the way then,” Seungwan teased and covered Joohyun’s mouth with her own as she continued kissing the President, so greedily, Joohyun felt as if her face was almost being eaten by Seungwan.

Amidst their kissing, Joohyun managed a muffled “okay”, agreeing, and returning the kisses. The President could taste the alcohol from Seungwan’s mouth and smell it from her breath. So strong, it was smouldering her, enveloping her senses but Joohyun loved it. Joohyun right then was a girl who wanted to yield to Seungwan’s hungry kisses. 

Seungwan was breathing heavily after they were done with the first bout of intense kissing.

“Can you… still sleep?” Seungwan asked naughtily.

Joohyun then copied the slanted smile that Wendy had on so often. “Of course, don’t think too highly of yourself, Son Seungwan.  Besides, we have another meeting tomorrow. Can’t possibly show up with dark eye circles, can we?”

Seungwan sniggered as she planted another kiss on Joohyun and pulled her in closer, guiding the President to rest her head on her shoulder.

“Sleep, Joohyun, let’s continue this night when we are more prepared,” Seungwan cooed.

Joohyun smiled and obeyed.

Seungwan… thank you for letting me be this close to you…

Joohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter