Chapter 3: Dual Lives

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan was late for her seminar and left so hurriedly that she did not even realise that the Club President’s financial report was still with her. Pushing through the door to the seminar room, she was greeted by the same hostile stares that were directed at her. her lips uneasily, Seungwan kept her head down as she passed through the aisle to get to an empty seat. She wished night would come soon, so she would become Wendy and make her rap songs instead of being here.

Three years, she would have to subject herself to the torments having fingers pointed at her and rumours plaguing her wherever she went. She hated it, Seungwan absolutely disliked being treated so unfairly and detested the people in this so-called elite university for being so judgemental.

Amidst her bitter thoughts, Seungwan then reflected on the interview she had earlier and a small smile crept into her lips. Perhaps not everyone in this university is as bad. Her interviewers seemed really nice and treated her as fairly as they would with others. In fact, Seungwan especially liked the last part of the interview whereby Joohyun, the Club President had handed her the set of financial report. Joohyun… she had heard about this prodigious senior numerous times and even saw her once on stage while she was receiving her academic award.

Seungwan blushed at the thought of the President. Not only were her academic and club achievements outstanding but she was also exceptionally beautiful. The Club President had the looks of a cold beauty, with neatly trimmed brows and slightly canted eyes that accentuated her beauty. Something nagged at Seungwan and her eyes bulged in shock upon realising what it was. The financial report…

Completely ignoring what was being taught in the seminar, Seungwan then dug into her backpack to pull out the report that she had kept into her own bag by mistake. To her horror, she then saw the numerous markings in the report. Was this set of report perhaps used for a project or something? Nibbling on her lower lips, Seungwan berated herself for being so careless. The girl had always been a klutz all her life and she disliked herself for being so. It seemed as though meticulousness and the level intelligence quotient had zero correlation. She sighed as she thought about the email that she would have to craft to reach the Club President.

Seungwan was so caught up in her thoughts that she had not realised that someone else had also entered the seminar room late and had taken a seat by her side.

“Hey,” her seatmate said.

Startled, Seungwan looked up from the financial report to meet the eyes of the person who had called her and it turned out to be none other than Joy, her tall interviewer.

“Oh, h-hi,” Seungwan replied shyly.

“Wow, fancy seeing you here. Did you take this module alone?” Joy leaned forward eagerly as she asked.

Unused to such a warm response from a stranger, Seungwan then edged away from Joy as she replied. “Y-Yea, I did…”

Joy must have noticed and put some distance between themselves. “Oh, I am sorry for scaring you. By the way, I bided for this module alone as well, do you want to form a group with me? I heard that this module is heavy on financial analysis, I could definitely use your help, if not I would have to bug Joohyun to help me.”

Seungwan raised her brows and her face was filled with interests when she heard how Joy had spoken so easily about the Club President.

“Y-You are close to the Club President?” Seungwan asked in wonderment.

“Of course! Everyone in the club in close to our dear President. Okay, perhaps not everyone but the majority of us are. Joohyun is like the investment guru, ask her any questions about finance and she will answer you as best as she can,” Joy said proudly. “Oh right… so, do you want to group with me? I really could use your help, Seungwan.”

Seungwan… It has been a while since a stranger had called her by her name. Seungwan beamed and nodded her head. She liked Joy’s honesty about wanting to exploit her skills and so she agreed immediately. Besides, Joy and her would be members of the same club really soon. Then she remembered what she had wanted to ask Joy.

“O-Oh… I accidentally took the President’s report, can you help me pass it back to her?”

Joy laughed. “Oh! I bet she forgot about it as well. You know despite how she seems, our President can be very forgetful at times too. Guess you too are somewhat alike in that aspect. Well… good for you I will be meeting Joohyun later, you can come along with us and I can introduce you to the other members of our club. We are pretty close-knitted so do not be shy.”

Seungwan jaw fell open and she gnawed on her lower lip as she tried to think of an excuse to decline the offer. Joy however seemed to be able to smell her intentions once more and prevented her from doing so.

“Come on, you are the first ever interviewee that got accepted by our President immediately after interview. I am sure the other club members would be excited to meet you. If you are worried about… uhm… whatever they might say about you then no worries, I will defend you.”

With Joy’s assuranc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter