Chapter 13: Chaos

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cursing herself, Wendy raced to the carpark where her Harley was parked at while trying to call Jennie. Wendy felt her lips going drier by the second as the ringing went on. No one picked up on the other end of the line.

‘Wendy, save me, I am so confused right now.’

‘Why aren’t my calls getting through to you? Wendy, I need to talk to you.’

‘Wendy, I am not going home. I’ve told my parents I am with you.’

‘I am killing myself if you won’t call me back.’

The messages from Jennie kept popping up in her mind and Wendy’s heart was picking up speed with each passing moment. Jennie might have sounded like a whiny child and often complained of her heartache but Wendy also knew that Jennie was capable of doing stupid things as well. Don’t you dare do anything stupid, Jennie Kim! 

Riding off on her Harley, Wendy kept her earpods on as she dialled a different number, Jisoo’s number. The girl picked up on the third ring.

“Hey Jisoo, where are you right now?”

“Whoa, Wendy, is something wrong? You sound anxious. Anyway, I am home right now,” Jisoo replied cooperatively.

Wendy blinked as she would have thought that the next person Jennie would have contacted when she was in trouble was Jisoo. Unless… Jisoo was part of Jennie’s trouble. Then again, Jisoo should not be at home and sound so calm. Unless… Jisoo had no idea she was part of Jennie’s problem.

As Wendy’s mind busied itself with piecing those information together, she had missed the red light by a junction. Fortunately, the cars had stopped in time but she had not escaped from the chorus of honks directed at her. Wendy’s heart skipped a beat as she was reminded of how she was flung from her bike just months before. She thanked the gods for having mercy on her this time round.

There was a gasp of surprise and pause from the other line.

“Wendy… is that traffic I hear? Are you okay?!” The last sentence was almost a shriek.

Wendy winced a little before replying, “yes, I am on my bike now, I will call you back later.”

“Wait! No! Wendy, you don’t hang up when you haven’t told me the reason why you called. Is it regarding Jennie?! Find a place to stop and call me back immediately after.”

Wendy let out a sigh. She should have known better that Jisoo was perhaps the greatest worrywart amongst them all and would not let her hang up so easily. Deciding that perhaps telling Jisoo the truth would be the most ideal, Wendy then pulled over by the roadside and spilled everything to the other girl. The biker prayed she would not regret her decision for doing so.

**

“What is the problem with the two of you?” Joohyun lectured Jaehyun and Doyoung, clearly referring to their poor sense of camaraderie during the rehearsal.

Jaehyun had pressed his lips into a tight line whilst Doyoung looked away, his brows drawn together.

“Do you want me to ask around to find out? That would truly be an embarrassment because you two are the most senior members besides myself,” Joohyun continued, her expression stern.

Doyoung finally snapped his head back and looked into the President’s voice, he looked really unsettled. Then, after in a deep breath, Doyoung finally spoke, “President, I lost our club’s fund.”

Joohyun let those words register in her mind and she blinked in surprise. Doyoung was the Treasurer of the club and therefore, was in charge of the club’s fund which came mainly from the school and the members.

Jaehyun who had remained silent the entire time then added, “we bought a lousy stock and its price tanked.”

From the way Doyoung and Jaehyun behaved, it was apparent that Jaehyun must have tried dissuading Doyoung in committing the act. However, Jaehyun was the Vice-Club President and Doyoung was his best friend, it was not surprising that he would attempt to share the blame.

The President wanted to say something, had to say something but she had no idea what to say. This was the first time something like this happened.

“All of the fund?”

“Yes, all KRW 1,000,000. Screw our teachings about diversification. It was totally my fault, I was bottom-fishing and looking for a real quick profit,” Doyoung confessed.

“I let it happen too. So if anyone has to take the consequences, I would have to be punished.”

The President held up a hand to interrupt the two arguing males, “wait, let me process all these first.”

Joohyun needed time to think. This could become a scandal in school and tarnish the club’s reputation. No matter how the fund was lost, it was still definitely be on her name because she was the President. KRW 1,000,000… it was not an extremely big sum but it was substantial. She definitely did not have that amount of money to cover up for the fund loss and she could not expect the club members to do so because it would be unfair for them.

The only solution came to her mind. Joohyun’s team and Jaehyun’s team must clinch the top position in the stock pitch competition and get the prize money.

What have we gotten ourselves into…? Seungwan, where are you? I need you here…

**

“We are babysitting Wendy’s runaways now?” Sehun asked Chanyeol who was sitting across from the others on a beanbag.

The two members of the underground hip hop group known as EXO, was in their garage. Chanyeol having stayed in the place overnight when he first received the call from a very drunk Jennie.

Sehun, his co-rapper who had arrived in the garage to practice was surprised to find a very tired-looking Chanyeol and a dead-drunken Jennie on one of their bean couches.

Chanyeol sighed and massaged his temples. The curly-head rapper had a cell phone in his hand, conflicted about whether or not to call Seungwan. Chanyeol knew that Seungwan had a club meeting that day and did not want the girl to rush down to collect Jennie but Chanyeol was afraid Seungwan might be worried. He had an odd sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter