Chapter 28: Crossed Paths

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been nearly a month since they had mended their relationship.

Jennie had forgotten what bliss felt like until this day. As they made songs with each other in the garage, Jennie thought she would like to do this forever with her girlfriend.

“Jisoo, I have decided to go to university.”

“Why that sudden decision?” Jisoo asked, unable to keep the surprise out of her voice.

Back then, Jennie had been so adamant on rebelling and chose not to pursue a university degree out of spite against her parents. Add that to the fact that Jennie was prone to making rash decisions, naturally her girlfriend would be worried.

“I want to do something about my life,” Jennie replied as convincingly and maturely as she could muster.

“What about pursuing music and dance professionally?” Jisoo enquired, the concern in her voice growing.

Jennie shook her head. “You know my parents disallowed me. I have decided to not waste my time trying to convince them. I will make music and dance as a really serious hobby.”

The smile returned to Jisoo’s face. “Have you really thought through it?”

Jennie nodded with a genuine smile on her face. “I have told my parents about it, they were elated. I haven’t seen them so happy. Trust me, I have really contemplated about this for a long time. Besides… I want you as my senior in university.”

Jisoo had a wider smile on as she yanked at Jennie’s arms roughly.

“Seriously? You want to attend my university?”

Jennie had her arms wrapped around Jisoo reflexively and Jisoo encircled her arms around her girlfriend’s waist in return.

“Seriously,” Jennie had said with so much conviction that it made Jisoo’s heart swell.  

Nestling her head against the nook of Jisoo’s neck, Jennie then muttered a series of ‘I love you’ to her girlfriend. Jisoo squirmed and giggled at the girl’s actions.

“Hey, it’s ticklish.” Jisoo complained but Jennie did not let up and instead started rubbing her face against her girlfriend’s bare neck.

Jisoo returned her girlfriend’s playful antics with her own assaults. Before they realised, they had both crashed themselves on the bean bed.

“D-Did Lisa look for you again?” Jisoo suddenly asked.

Jennie scowled before giving a shake of her head. “No, she didn’t. In fact, I would say that she is actively avoiding me. She blocked me on all social media as well.”

An unsettled look crossed Jisoo’s face. “She blocked you? Will she be alright?”

Jennie tried to shrug it off and tried to sound nonchalant. “No idea.”

“You better check up on her. Who knows what might happen. You know it yourself… we all make mistakes and we sometimes need people to be there for us, to remind us and not give up on us. Don’t be too unfeeling, you guys have known each other since middle school, be there for her.”

Jennie bit her lips at her girlfriend’s words of magnanimousness. Then she was reminded of how often she had thought about giving up on her life. During those low points in her life, she had wanted block out everyone in her life as well. Jennie then began to wonder if Lisa might have been feeling the same way right now and apprehension seeped into her.

“Okay, okay, I will check up on her,” Jennie relented.

Jisoo nodded her head in approval with a small smile. It was a really beautiful and enticing smile. Jennie felt the familiar fluttering of her heart. Yes, she had truly fallen for Jisoo. Her journey to discovering her love for her girlfriend had been an arduous one but it was definitely worth it.

“Lisa is probably angry… at us. Actually, I feel sorry for dropping our relationship on Lisa like that. She must have felt so insulted…” Jisoo let her sentence trail off as she worried her lip between her teeth.  

“You don’t have to be sorry, it there is anyone that should be sorry, it would be me. Wendy was right. I am an that is always too wrapped up with my own thoughts and feelings and have little care for others. I should have figured things out in a better way and prevented all three of us from going through that ordeal. It was me.”

Jisoo grasped onto Jennie’s wrist and shook her head. “It is not entirely your fault… I…”

Jennie then silenced her girlfriend with a kiss to her lips.

“Let’s not be foolish tonight shall we. We can think about whose faults it is another time but for now, can we just not think about other things and enjoy our couple moment?” Jennie asked hopefully as she a thumb over the back of Jisoo’s hand.

Throwing in a suggestive smile to Jisoo, Jennie then pinned Jisoo’s arms above her head before taking her girlfriend’s lips in her own. Sounds of contentment escaped from Jisoo’s lips and that made Jennie feel equally satisfied as well. Yet, good things always seem to come to an abrupt halt for the couple when they heard the clumsy twisting of keys.

They then heard the sound of their garage door opening and they slid off each other quickly and straightened their clothes.

 

Joohyun already had her hands all over Wendy as her girlfriend fumbled with the lock. Wendy’s fingers had slipped several times and it had only delighted Joohyun further as she continued distracting the girl with their sloppy kisses.

“Damn it, Joohyun, hold up for a second. I can’t get this key in! Oh wait, it’s the wrong one.”

“Make sure you get the right one in later,” Joohyun said with a giggle.  

Wendy’s mind almost exploded at that thought. The ride to the garage took a lot of self-discipline as Joohyun kneaded her body shamelessly. It was almost as if Joohyun had the mind to devour her en route and she had brandished her newly-anointed status as Wendy’s girlfriend during every single moment they shared with each other. It was not as if Wendy had disliked it, no one had made her feel so wanted and loved other than Joohyun. However, the rapper had to admit that this overwhelming love from Joohyun could be hard to handle at times like these where she needed to focus.    

The couple had the mind to peel off each other’s once they were inside the garage but in their state of eagerness, they had completely forgotten that the garage was not owned solely by them. Wendy knew she should have been used to fate’s vicious play but still, she was ill-prepared.

Wendy had let go of Joohyun’s wrist immediately as they faced the other couple who stared back at them. There was some semblance of grudge in Jennie’s eyes and Wendy had known instantly what they had disrupted.

“Timing, Wendy, timing,” Jennie said with great annoyance.

Jisoo’s face looked slightly scarlet as she tugged at Jennie’s sleeves. Meanwhile, Joohyun had completely disappeared behind her girlfriend.

“You guys didn’t say you would be here.” Wendy returned that annoyance with her own irritation.

Jennie gave a chilly smile and walked over to Wendy. “Neither did you, Wendy. Hi Miss President.”

Wendy shielded Joohyun protectively from Jennie.

“Let me guess… you guys made out the last time you guys were here,” Jennie said pointedly.

“Jennie!” Jisoo scolded.

“What?! I was just making a guess…”

“And I guess you guys were ready to make out before we arrive,” Wendy said back sharply.

“Wendy…” Joohyun muttered exasperatedly.

Wendy and Jennie then squared each other off before grins finally broke out on their faces and they slapped each others’ arms.

“You are such an Wendy, ruining my big moment,” Jennie complained s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter