Chapter 30: Turmoil

Day or Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan had huddled herself corner of the bed and looked so small that it made Joohyun’s heart ache. Her girlfriend and herself had not even taken a single morsel of food since they returned to their dormitory. Tears had at last dried from Seungwan’s eyes and all there was left were tear streaks and those culminating thoughts from Taeyeon’s revelations.

Joohyun who had been listening quietly the entire time felt so glad that she had been there to listen to the entire conversation. At least she had ideas on how to help her girlfriend without having her to repeat the ordeal.

However, right now all Joohyun could think about was to feed her girlfriend. Joohyun had meticulously heated up the food and she brought it to their bed.

“Eat something.”

“I am not hungry.”

“Your body needs food. Come on, I will only take a bite for every bite you’ve taken.”

Seungwan looked up and peered into her eyes right then. Giving a tiny nod, Seungwan supported the bowl in Joohyun’s hand with both of hers as well.

“I am sorry Joohyun, for making you worry so much.”

A slanted smile graced Joohyun’s face then as she held out a spoonful of risotto before Seungwan. Seungwan opened and clamped down on the spoon like a child. The smile on Joohyun’s face grew wider.

“I am good as long as you are eating well,” Joohyun said like a proud parent and fed herself a spoonful of food.

Joohyun had almost forgotten how hungry she was until she had tasted the risotto herself.

Seungwan had taken the spoon from her then and took another bite as well as hold it out for Joohyun to do the same. This tender moment had almost made Joohyun forget why they had missed their dinner earlier. It was only when Seungwan beginning giving Joohyun two spoons of food for every spoon she had taken herself that Joohyun protested.

“You aren’t eating enough! Smart of you to hijack the spoon but you cannot fool me.”

Seungwan attempted a sheepish smile which only made Joohyun’s heart crumble even more.

“You are greatly affected aren’t you?”

Joohyun said as she caressed Seungwan’s face lovingly.

Seungwan had given up hovering her spoon before Joohyun and returned the spoon to the bowl. Joohyun had settled the risotto on their study table before she took Seungwan’s hand and kissed the back of it.

Seungwan had in turn brought Joohyun’s forehead to hers and they stayed that way for a long moment.

“I feel so terrible for being so clueless about my sister. If not for Taeyeon I really wouldn’t have known all of these and I just… I find myself so lousy.”

Joohyun angled her head to share a kiss with her guilt-ridden girlfriend.

“Are you glad that you have found out then?”

“I-I don’t know.”

“Listen, Seungwan, we can never know everything about someone else in this life, even if its someone whom we think it’s the closest to us, even if its you and I. However, Seungwan, what we can make most of what we know. Perhaps, it is pre-destined that you got to know Taeyeon. Perhaps, it is fated that you only know about all these now. Perhaps, it is because the time is ripe for you to be able to do something about it.”

“Taeyeon wants answers. Her love she had for my sister could not be allayed because of the questions that remained unsolved and I feel terrible for her.”

Joohyun nodded. “I felt terrible when I was listening too. I have known for a very long time that Taeyeon had loved someone but she had never told anyone who it was. And your sister’s love for you is a noble one, I hope you would not grow to resent yourself because of it. She wanted you to be happier than she had been. It was not anyone’s fault.”

Seungwan nodded as fresh tears leaked from her eyes again.

“I know… but I really don’t know where to search for the answers now if there is even one. We are just making conjectures aren’t we? I cannot even ask Jessica anymore.”

Seungwan started crying uncontrollably then. Joohyun was at a loss for words but one thing she knew for certain was that she had to scramble for some answers lest Seungwan’s mind ran wild again.

“Then let’s start thinking of how we should begin. Seungwan, don’t be crippled by what you don’t know. Let’s look at what you already know and we can start from there.”

Seungwan’s body gave an involuntary tremble at Joohyun’s suggestion. “W-What if there is no answer or what if its something I don’t want to know.”

Planting another assuring kiss on Seungwan’s forehead, Joohyun then said, “then you have to decide if you what you will be doing is worth it, for you, for Taeyeon and whomever else.”

“For you,” Seungwan said suddenly. “If I never walk out of this, I will never be able to the best version of myself for you right?”

“You are already the best version of yourself to me and I will keep reminding you. Wendy Son Seungwan, you are the best for me, I love you for who and what you are right now.”

“I seriously don’t know what I have done in my previous life to deserve you.” Seungwan uttered and wrapped her arms around Joohyun. “Give me some time to think about it okay, Joohyun.”

Joohyun nodded in agreement and said, “let’s sleep. Let me clear away the bowl first.”

“Let’s clear the bowl tomorrow. I’m exhausted and you are too.” Seungwan said and pulled Joohyun in for a cuddle.

Joohyun brushed aside a lock of Seungwan’s hair and kissed her girlfriend’s eyes. “I hope you will be well.”

Seungwan returned the gesture by Joohyun’s face. “I will be as long as I have you with me.”

**

Jennie was in the club for a solo performance when she spied Chanyeol. The girl was about to greet the male when she saw that he had been approached by an individual. Her blood froze. It was Bobby.

It did not require a genius for Jennie to figure out what business they had with each other.

Jennie swallowed as she tried to resolve her internal turmoil. Should she follow the male or simply leave him alone. Jennie cursed under her breath, why did Chanyeol have to get involved with these guys? The rapper had just learnt that one of their runners who operated in another club was caught by the authorities after someone had ratted on them. The person who had ratted on them ended up in the hospital with fractured ribs and limbs. Jennie shuddered at the thought of that. These people had no fears and no limits to what they would do.

It had not been easy for Jennie to shake them off and now she was risking herself by getting involved with them again.This stup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter