Welcome to the Homeroom of Gossip and Many More

Protect Taemin

Your POV

I walked into the classroom and thought to myself: Don't make any friends. Having at least one would probably cause a lot of drama like what happened when we lived in the United States. I had way too many friends there. I didn't want to leave them of course, but I wanted to start a new life without any more events or drama occuring. Life seemed easier that way.

 

Mianhae, Jong In Oppa... I sighed. You can make your friends. I don't want to get involved in any problems...

 

Everyone in the classroom were having their own side conversation. Some kids were sleeping on their desks, waiting for homeroom class to start. I looked around more, my attention focused on how many phones and cameras were out taking pictures of this person that seemed to be isolated from everyone else. He seemed to be really popular. Popular, to me, was good. But he didn't look like he was liking this attention of all his classmates... I tilted my head at this person. He was slumped in his chair looking down at the floor. He looked very sad.

 

Curious... I thought to myself. Then I suddenly snapped back into reality. Right, I'm not going to make any friends or get involved with any problems that will cause drama. I'll just get on with every day school life so that I can go to College and then get a career and then travel---

 

My thoughts were interrupted by the teacher who entered the classroom. Everyone quickly went back to their seats and settled, facing towards the board. Suddenly all eyes were on me, and I realized that I was still standing and looked around at them nervously.

 

"Everyone, this is the new student." the teacher announced. "She moved in from the United States, so she's a foreigner. Treat her well if you all would please." At that, the 'popular' boy looked up a little and we made eye contact for a split second. I looked away quickly but a smile had escaped from my blank expression.

 

Darn... He must think I'm weird now. Now he probably thinks I like him or something... Oh well. Since he's so 'popular', he's probably used to all the girls liking him. WAIT! What am I thinking?! It's not like I like him! I just moved in! >.<

 

I looked back at him but his head was bent down again. There was this gloomy and a very sad aura around him. I sighed and looked away from him, trying not to care.

 

The students started whispering about me. "She's a foreigner!" "That is so cool." "She's pretty." "I want to be her friend!!"

 

I flinched when I heard 'friend'. Aghh... I want to make friends, but I can't... I shouldn't... I sighed, looking at the teacher for where she's going to place me in the classroom. I hope she places me in the corner, away from the others.

 

If someone tries to talk to me, I must not reply. But, I'm too nice... I care too much. I'd have to smile back. But smiling would make me look like a nice person and EVERYONE will want to talk to me... AISHH! Please, sunsaenim... Place me away from everyone... Where I will be alone and be able to concentrate on learning...

 

"Student-ah," the teacher said to me, "Sit next to Taemin."

 

I looked at her confusingly, unknowing of who 'Taemin' was.

 

"Lee Taemin, raise your hand." the teacher said, her voice shaking a bit. I tilted my head at that, wondering what was wrong.

 

'Popular' boy raised his hand sluggishly and placed it down quickly as if it he was only high-fiving someone lazily. He kept his head down and he continued staring at the floor. I widened my eyes, feeling my heart sinking. Next to HIM? THAT'S Lee Taemin?! But he's, like, in the middle of the whole classroom!! And he seems popular. There's no way I can't NOT be noticed now!

 

I took a deep breath and sighed, regaining myself. Just ignore everyone that tries to talk to you... I said to myself. Concentrate... School... Education... I held the straps of my bag as I walked over next to Lee Taemin and sat down next to him.

 

People started whispering again, this time they were bad comments. And it was about 'popular' boy next to me. "He gets to sit next to the new student..." "So unfair..." "She placed her next to him because he's a celebrity." "That isn't fair... I wanted to be her friend, too."

 

I felt my eye twitch and I turned slowly at those next to me and behind me with a glare on my face. I scoffed when they shut themselves up as soon as I turned. Okay, so I'm nice, but when it comes to gossip or crap talk I can't be nice.

 

I turned back around to face the board, taking out a pencil from my bookbag. That's when I realized... Lee Taemin is a celebrity???

 

"...She doesn't look nice." someone whispered. Great. Just great. So this kid has the guts to say something after that glare and eye twitch I gave them so they could shut up. I clenched my fists in my bag, almost wanting to break my pencil. He also had the guts to say that I'm NOT nice? Boy, you don't even know me.

 

I caught Lee Taemin turn his head towards my side but he didn't look up. His attention was on my clenched fists in my bag. I released them quickly, dropping my pencil inbetween our seats. I reached for it, brushing 'popular' boy softly on the shoulder. He flinched and turned away from me quickly. By that time I had picked up my pencil and looked at him with peering eyes. Had I done something wrong??

 

I placed my pencil on my desk and sighed again, looking around where I was sitting. Everyone had been staring, but looked away when I caught them.

 

Okay... So people think I'm mean... Good start. Now for sure they won't talk to me and I'll be able to concentrate on learning^^

 

 

 

...Or so you thought. :) Watch you and 'popular' boy get closer^^ Who's not going to make any friends now? LOL! Now you'll HAVE to get involved with drama and all those events to PROTECT TAEMIN. Oh, I forgot to mention that you are a really smart student and likes to keep their grades up so you like to only focus on learning.^^ Stay tuned for the next chapter!! I hope this chapter was okay? D: comments!