Lu Han's New Love

Protect Taemin

Lu Han's POV

Kai and Chanyeol peeked through the corner of the quiet hallway where you and Taemin were.

 

"Finally!" Chanyeol exclaimed under his breath. "She confessed!"

 

"And those lips finally came into contact with my dongseng's..." Kai sighed. He and Chanyeol high fived for your congratulations. "Those lips whose lips my lips touched...Aishhhh... Our lips..."

 

Se Hun rolled his eyes and smacked Kai in the back. "What are you and your lips talking about? It's only Taemin and Dongseng's lips we're talking about right now!"

 

"Be quiet! They'll hear us!" Tao whispered raspily.

 

"What are we all doing here, anyway?!" I asked.

 

"Witnessing my best friend's happiness," Sooyoung's sweet voice spoke next to me.

 

I looked at her and smiled. "Oh, hello."

 

She smiled back. "I hope you gave up on her, Lu Han. Please don't torture yourself any longer..."

 

I cocked my eyebrows and pouted. I'm trying to. Just don't bring up that I am.

 

"I warned him," Kai said, glancing at me. "I warned him not to fall for my dongseng, but he didn't listen. Lu Han, in the end your heart was broken."

 

"It will be repaired soon," Chanyeol said, his rock interpretation. "It won't tell me by who, though."

 

"Owh~" Se Hun sang. "And who is that person your rocks can't interpret, Buffalo??"

 

Several eyes landed on Sooyoung and she stared back at us innocently. "What?" she asked.

 

"Ya! What are you all looking at!" I laughed nervously and tried to change the subject. I don't even know Sooyoung that well, yet, so I can't say she's the one... "Anyway, we should get back to class before ---"

 

"I think someone's there," you whispered in the hallway we were next to, your whisper echoed because of the vacant area. "Taemin, let's go back,"

 

"Come on!" Se Hun jumped excitedly and panicked at the same time my heart jumped panickly as we were on the verge to get caught. He linked his arm through my arm and I reached for Sooyoung next to me to escape down the hallway.

 

Se Hun and I walked with Sooyoung to another hallway at the other side of the school while Kai and the others went back to the classroom.

 

"Where are we going?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Should I go, Lu Han?" Se Hun nudged me with a little sarcasm in his voice. "So you could have your alone time?"

 

I nudged him back and made a face. He smirked and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded next to Sooyoung.

 

Wait, Se Hun, I didn't want you to leave me..TT TT

 

 

 

I turned to Sooyoung. "Is everything okay?" she asked.

 

I nodded slowly, a bit hesitant. We continued to walk down this empty part of the hallway.

 

"Shouldn't we get back to class?" she asked after a couple seconds of silence.

 

I mentally smacked myself in the head. Aishhh... I'm being boring.. I should try to make a conversation! "Ahh, we still have time," I shrugged. "We won't be late, it's fine,"

 

She pursed her lips and nodded. "I'm in no rush to get to class or anything, I'm just wondering,"

 

There was another awkward silence as we took very slow steps down the hallway.

 

"So does anyone in the school interest you?" I asked.

 

Sooyoung didn't answer for a couple of seconds and I looked at her which snapped her out of her daydream. "Oh! I'm sorry, what did you say?"

 

I blinked. "What are you thinking about?"

 

She smiled nervously. "Sorry... I'm just trying to remember your name..."

 

My heart sank. She doesn't remember my name?... Well... That's a heartbreaker.

 

She noticed my sad expression and apologized quickly. "Ah! I'm so sorry! It's just that there's so many members in your group... EXO, right?"

 

I nodded and smiled a little, still a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to remember my name. And to think I was moving on and falling for her... I don't even know her, though.

 

Then, Lu Han, you should get to know her! Make Chanyeol's interpretations happen!

 

"Mianhaeyo, sunbaenim..." Sooyoung said when I wasn't saying anything. I looked up at her. "And, I keep getting the names Lu Han and Se Hun mixed up since you two are always around each other and your names sort of sound the same... But I know you're either Se Hun or Lu Han!"

 

I stared at her as she tried to guess.

 

"Hmm.." she tilted her head and thought out loud. " said that Lu Han was the one who confessed to her..the one she rejected for Taemin..."

 

 

I looked away and avoided eye contact after she brought you up. I'm still trying to get over her, Sooyoung... Could you please not bring her up?

 

"Se Hun was the one who just left just now right?..." Sooyoung continued. "So you must be Lu Han."

 

I nodded. "Gurae, that's right."

 

She nodded and smiled. "Araseo, I'll remember that now. Mianhae, Lu Han sunbaenim, I'm very clumsy..."

 

"Gwenchana," I said. "You're a new student here, so of course you won't remember everyone's names... And you dont have to be so formal."

 

"But you're an important person to so I should've been able to remember your name along with Jong In and Taemin." she whispered under her breath.

 

I blinked and looked at her. "Me? An important person? To ?"

 

She nodded. "Well, you confessed to her... You were the first to confess, she's never had a boyfriend,"

 

"Mwo? She's never been in a relationship before?" I asked.

 

She nodded. "Ne, she always wanted to focus on school. She never cared for relationships. And, after what we saw back there with her and Taemin... Taemin is probably her first boyfriend now."

 

I nodded, trying to be happy for . "That's good, she must be happy now.."

 

Sooyoung stared at me as I looked down at the ground, trying to sort out my feelings.

 

I confessed to her even when I knew she liked Taemin. I knew I was going to be rejected... So why did I do that? I sighed, then glanced at Sooyoung next to me.

 

"Not every story has a happy ending, Lu Han..." she said. Wow. Way to make me feel better... But it's true. 

 

 

"I know," I agreed. I felt my eyes starting to water a little. WHAT! Why am I starting to cry?!

 

Sooyoung pursed her lips and hesitated, but she put her arms around me for a small hug. "Gwenchana, Lu Han... You'll find your happiness again soon."

 

Will it be you, Sooyoung? I thought in my head as the tears came slowly running down my face. I put my arms around her and hid my face into her thick beautiful brown hair. When my feelings for have died down.... It has to be you.

 

 

 

Short chapter, guys ^o^ I will update again tomorrow ;D The next chapter is about Sooyoung... What is so mysterious about your best friend that you hadn't known about? ;O hehe..I hope it won't be weird..hopefully a bit shocking? XD LOL what am I doing. I need to study for school tomorrow. BYE!<3

 

 

 

See you next chapter! Sorry about not posting pics, I will next chapter! :D