The New Girl that Everyone is Talking About

Protect Taemin

Your POV

It was silent between me and Jong In Oppa on the way to school with his friends.

 

 

"How have you been, ??" Se Hun asked, ruffling my hair out of place. "We all missed you!"

 

"Especially Lu Han," Lay teased.

 

I laughed. "Lay, are you teasing Lu Han as well?? I thought that was just Se Hun..."

 

"Dongseng, did Eun Hye already leave?" Chanyeol asked me.

 

I nodded. "Why?"

 

He held up a rock from the box I had bought him and smiled. "Lucky guess,"

 

I grinned. I missed this rock-interpreting guy.

 

(A/N: Look at this adorable guy <3 and to think he has such a deep voice :O)

 

"I heard something happened with Kai and Taemin..." Tao just had to bring up the subject about that night. "What happened--"

 

"DO NOT mention it." Jong In Oppa smacked himself in the forehead and groaned in embarassment.

 

He accidentally kissed Taemin is what happened.

 

(A/N: Mwahahaha <3 Kai's lips)

 

I leaned upwards towards Tao's ear and whispered, "I'll tell you later..." he tilted his head in confusion but just nodded.

 

All of the EXO members except Su Ho, Kris, Baek Hyun, and D.O. didn't go to our school, Shinhwa High.

 

"So did that guy transfer yet?" Jong In asked.

 

"Who?" I thought about anyone transferring. "You mean Jin?"

 

"Yeah, that guy." he said.

 

 

"Yeah......" I tilted my head. "How did you know he transferred?"

 

"My revenge." Jong In glanced at me and smirked.

 

"You reported him?!" I asked. "How?? For what?? That was YOU?"

 

He chuckled and didn't say anything else as we made our way into the school gates. Chen and Xiu Min joined us then.

 

"Kai! That was you?!" Lu Han gasped sarcastically and laughed. "Yes, Dongseng, that was his revenge on Jin."

 

"No wonder why Taemin didn't get in trouble..." I whispered to myself.

 

"What about me?" Taemin caught up behind us from SHINee's limo where only Minho was. The other SHINee members were preparing for another upcoming event.

 

I blushed immediately when I remembered that night that he confessed to me.

 

He smiled and leaned towards me, almost to kiss my cheek. But he retreated and just whispered, "Annyeong, "

 

 

I bowed and smiled nervously, backing a few inches away from him. "Ah-A-Annyeong, Taemin..."

 

There were suspicious stares from each of Jong In's friends, that is, except for Jong In. I told him that night after Taemin and Lu Han left about Taemin's confession...

 

"I thought Lu Han also confessed." Jong In had said. "What are you going to do? You're going to have to choose one of them." I shrugged, and the rest of that awkward night was silent.

 

Lu Han had the most confused expression on. I sighed and glanced at him sadly.

 

Lu Han... I'm so sorry... I'll explain later.

 

"Hello, Taemin." Jong In said flatly.

 

Taemin glanced at him nervously. "Annyeong, hyung..."

 

I cringed at this tension between them and pulled Taemin with me ahead of the group towards the school entrance.

 

"Hey, what are you in a rush for??" Taemin asked.

 

I smiled at him. "Don't mind my what happened with my Oppa that night... It was an accident..."

 

Although they both stole my kisses and gave it to each other. -___-

 

" ," Lu Han's voice called from behind.

 

I turned to look at him and released Taemin's arm. "Ne, Oppa?"

 

"Aishhh, you still call him 'Oppa' ?" Taemin whispered to me. I smacked him softly in the arm playfully. 

 

Lu Han beckoned me over to him so I left Taemin to go talk to him.

 

 

Jong In and the others went ahead to class, walking Taemin on the way in case of any bullies.

 

Lu Han and I went over to a quiet corner. I looked around nervously and thought that he was mad at me or something. We talked in low whispers as other students passed by and stared.

 

"Lu Han? Are you okay? What's up?" I asked.

 

He looked down at me and sighed. "Taemin... He confessed to you that night, didn't he..."

 

There was silence between us after he said that.

 

I glanced at him and whispered. "Ne..."

 

Lu Han looked off to the wall at the other side of the hallway. "Ah, I knew it... I shouldn't have done that... Kai warned me..."

 

I frowned and took his hand. "I'm so sorry, Lu Han..."

 

He faked a smile, I could see it was fake because his smiles weren't as vague as this.

 

"You like him back, don't you?" he asked. I nodded slowly, but without any hesitance.

 

"I didn't even confess yet..." I murmured sadly. "And that night... We were... And then you and Jong In... Jong In... He had to ruin it..."

 

Lu Han laughed flatly and took my hand, gripping it tightly. "Dongseng, mianhae... I shouldn't have done that at the beach. I shouldn't have confessed my feelings for you."

 

I looked up at him and smiled softly. "Aniyo, it's alright that you did. You confessed how you felt, even if you knew I wasn't going to...return your feelings.." I whispered the last part.

 

It was quiet for a couple of minutes before he said, "Not all stories have happy endings, huh..."

 

I pursed my lips, not knowing what to respond. But after a while I nodded slowly.

 

We walked to class with nothing else to say.

 

I had rejected Lu Han for Taemin.

 

 

 

Class went by pretty quickly and it was now breaktime and study hall. Jong In's friends came to visit us, just like before. I'm glad they were back.

 

The only person who wasn't here was Lu Han.

 

As we roamed the hallway, Chen brought up a subject about a new student. "Did you see the new girl?? She's from the states!"

 

"Like you, Dongseng!" Se Hun added. " , have you seen her?"

 

I shook my head. "I'm curious, though. There's a new girl? I would like to meet her,"

 

Taemin laughed a little and started singing softly. "I'm so curious~ yeaaah~~"

 

We all laughed when we understood the reference to SHINee's new song "Sherlock."

 

"Taemin, have you seen her?" Chanyeol asked.

 

He nodded. "She's really pretty," Taemin said. I felt my chest burn with jealousy when he said that. I clenched it and winced, looking away at Jong In.

 

He noticed and smirked. Taemin laughed softly so I think he noticed, too.

 

"Dongseng, you know who she is..." Jong In whispered. I blinked and didn't pay any attention to what he said though since I could barely hear what he said.

 

"When did you see her?" Tao asked.

 

"She seemed lost earlier, on the way to class." he said.

 

"What? I was with you that time, Taemin!" I said, "Why didn't you point her out??"

 

Taemin blinked. "You were talking to Lu Han hyung."

 

I pursed my lips and stared at him. Then nodded, "Oh, right."

 

"Where is Lu Han anyway?" Se Hun asked. "He said he went to the bathroom and never came back,"

 

"Oh, there he is," Taemin was looking behind us and pointed Lu Han out. I turned and saw that he was with another girl.

 

"Hey, Lu Han!" Se Hun waved excitedly to him.

 

"Oh? It's the new student!" Chen exclaimed.

 

My mouth dropped open and my eyes widened as Lu Han and the girl walked closer to us.

 

The new girl and I made eye contact and both of our expressions turned into shocked ones. My eyes watered and the tears came running as soon as I realized who was the girl that everyone was talking about. I dashed forward towards her, running into her for a long hug.

 

"Oh, my goodness, Sooyoung..." I whispered, choking through my tears. "It's you..."

 

"Long time, no see, Sooyoung." Jong In said to her as he and the others gathered around.

 

(A/N: Refresh of memory- "Sooyoung was was my best friend for life and universe" [Chapter 16])

 

 

Okay sorry for a very short chapter I'll update again soon, probably tomorrow XD This chapter was a bit boring... It only revealed that you rejected Lu Han for Taemin and the new girl in school turned out to be your best friend for life and universe from America! :D

Yaaay^^ Lots of stuff will happen with you two bffs now :O Lots of drama... and more fights :O (oops I spilled what's going to happen soon :3) LOL oh well you probably figured it was going to happen again due to Chanyeol's..rock interpretation earlier in the previous chapters...

Procrastination on homework again... I'm reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte for English ^^ I have to read and write three sentences that make the story effective and explain why...um okay instead of typing what I'm supposed to do I should just do it O_o ahaha alright stay tuned for the next chapter!!

 

 

Heard it was these guys' birthdays recently :3 Happy birthday, Se Hun and Lu Han <3 :D