So Far, So Good...and now Bad

Protect Taemin

Your POV

The bell rang and it was time for lunch and study hall. I decided to explore the school a little bit, so I stood up from my desk and headed towards the door. I felt many pairs of eyes staring at me as I walked out.

 

I sighed deeply as I walked through the hallway. So far, so good. I thought. I didn't make any friends...yet.

 

I was staring into space, looking down at the floor beneath me that I didn't realize I bumped into someone.

 

"Ya." they said. I heard laughing inbetween his voice. "Kai-yah, is this your dongseng??"

 

I looked up at this person. He had a cute face, and his hair was put up. His looks and the way he wore his uniform made him look like a celebrity. Jong In Oppa walked up next to him and smiled at me, patting my head. "Annyeong, dongseng."

 

"Oppa, is this your friend?" I asked him, eyeing the one that I bumped into. I bowed apologetically, "Mianhae, for bumping into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

 

"It's all fine," he smiled. His voice was so gentle and soft... He knelt down to my height, pinching my cheeks. "I'm Lu Han. Aigoooo, Kai-yah, she's kyeopta."

 

I smiled shyly. "Why do you call Oppa 'Kai'?" I asked Lu Han. "Is that your new nickname, Jong In Oppa?"

 

Jong In Oppa chuckled. "Apparently," he shoved Lu Han in the shoulder playfully. "Get up man, you're all over my dongseng."

 

Lu Han stood up and smiled. "Call me Oppa, Dongseng. Say 'Lu Han Oppa',"

 

"Eh??" I laughed, "Jongmal?"

 

"Ne, go ahead," he said, "Say it with me, 'Lu Han Op---' "

 

"She's not a baby, Lu Han!" Jong In smacked him in the shoulder and laughed. He turned to me and bent down towards my face. (I am not short, he is just very tall.) "Dongseng-ah, how is your class?"

 

I pursed my lips, hesitating for a bit. "Umm....Good."

 

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. " 'Good'? Did you make any friends?"

 

"I'm a new student, Jong In Oppa," I said. "I don't know anyone yet."

 

"I'm a new student, too, and I already made tons of friends," Jong In looked at Lu Han, "Including him," he laughed.

 

"A lot of people say that Kai-yah looks like one of the kids that are a year younger than us," Lu Han Oppa said, "Maybe he's in your class?"

 

"What is so special about this kid that everyone knows who he is?" Jong In wondered out loud.

 

I shrugged. "I haven't seen anyone that looks like Oppa..." I thought for a second, then added in a whisper, "But I haven't seen 'popular' boy's face very clearly... Maybe it might be him they're talking about?"

 

"He's a celebrity, I heard," Lu Han said.

 

"What's he doing here at school?" Jong In Oppa asked, "He should be homeschooled or something,"

 

"Maybe he wants to keep attending this school and behave like a normal student," Lu Han suggested, "But I heard that a lot of his classmates are making it hard for him..."

 

"Where do you hear this stuff?" I asked him.

 

"This school is all about gossip and rumors," he said.

 

Really?... I thought, Hmm... So it IS better to stay out of business and drama. I wonder who is this 'celebrity' that looks like Oppa....

 

I suddenly remembered the celebrity in class Lee Taemin.  Maybe it's him, that 'popular' boy who doesn't seem to like the attention... He just wants to be a normal student but everyone is making it hard for him... I wonder what he's famous for at such a young age, and why he doesn't like the attention... It could be BECAUSE he's famous that everyone seems to bother him? So they could all be like 'Ooooh I'm friends with a celebrity yay!' ... Or maybe for another reason?... Hmm... Curious...

 

"What are you thinking about, Dongseng?" Lu Han Oppa asked me.

 

"Hm?" I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh, nothing... I should get back to class now."

 

"Ne," Jong In patted me on the head, "See you later,"

 

"Annyeong," Lu Han chuckled and pinched my cheeks again. I laughed, watching them head back to their classroom. Then I headed back to mine.

 


 

Jong In's POV

Lu Han and I headed back to our classroom. I turned my head and watched my dongseng go the opposite way back to her classroom.

 

"Kai-yah, do you think she likes me??" Lu Han asked.

 

"Huh?? What are you talking about??" I looked at him and laughed, "Don't fall for her!"

 

"Why not?" he smiled and looked back with me at Dongseng. "She's cute and so small and adorable,"

 

I scoffed and punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Lu Han-ah, anyone but her. Please." I don't think she has any intention of going out with anyone during high school, anyway...

 

He was quiet for a bit, then said, "She seemed lost in thought when I mentioned the celebrity that looks like you," he said.

 

"She was probably thinking about who it was," I said. "Speaking of the celebrity that looks like me, I would like to meet him one day."

 

"You will," Lu Han grinned, "When you're walking through the hallway and see a random mirror, but it's just another person that looks like you." he laughed.

 

I laughed with him and we entered the classroom.

 


 

Your POV

When I entered the classroom, the first thing I noticed was the area around my desk. There were pieces of paper and erasers and other trash around it.

 

What the heck?... I thought. Who threw all of this?

 

I walked slowly towards my desk, eyeing the mess. Everyone was having their own conversations but some people from each conversation were staring at something, focused around my desk area. I followed their eyes to Lee Taemin . From another direction, a piece of paper suddenly hit his face and landed on his lap.

 

Taemin kept his head down and ignored the things that were being thrown at him as if there weren't anything being thrown at him at all.

 

I felt my eyes widen and my expression became speechless. Why doesn't he do anything about it? Why isn't he telling the teacher? Why isn't he reacting as if getting stuff thrown at you is nothing? Most of all, WHY is he getting stuff thrown at him when he's a celebrity??

 

Before sitting in my seat, I picked the pieces of paper and erasers off of my chair and the floor and looked around the room. I caught someone trying to throw a piece of an eraser at Taemin and I went over to him.

 

When he saw that I was walking over to him, he stopped himself and smiled, "Annyeong, new student."

 

I smiled back, clenching the pieces of paper and erasers in my hand. "Annyeong," I stood in front of him and bent down towards his face. The classroom suddenly got a little quieter. Then I took his collar and pulled it forward towards me, dumping the pieces from my hand into his shirt. "I believe some of these are yours,"

 

He dropped open his mouth, a dumbfounded expression on his face. The whole class gasped and laughed inbetween the whispers and murmurs as I headed back to my seat.

 

I sighed as I sat down. Taemin looked towards my side again and I tried not to smile. I looked away from him at the board of the classroom.

 

I didn't do it for you, Lee Taemin... I thought, I just wanted to clean up around my desk and give back that person's trashy belongings.

 

"I bet she did it so that Taemin could fall for her..." I heard someone whisper. I scoffed at that.

 

Not even. I don't even know him, and I don't like him. I don't think I ever will.

 

I sighed again. So far so good, I haven't made any friends... But I made enemies. Because of that event just now, people will start seeing me as a mean bully or something. TT TT But that's for those who are actually the bullies, especially bullying the 'popular' boy. Why are they doing this?... He's famous... They shouldn't be bullying or teasing or throwing stuff at him, they should be idolizing him and he should be popular (in a good way) among everyone in the whole school!! But nooo, he's popular in a BAD WAY because he's famous. Everyone is jealous and being haters. At least, most of them are. Most of the guys. The girls? I don't know. 

 

"He thinks he's so cool because he's famous..." someone whispered. "Watch that girl become his friend." "That is so unfair." "He thinks he's better than everyone because he's a celebrity..." "I envy him." "That girl thinks she's cool, too, because she's new." "What if she tries to get Taemin to fall for her?" "That would be so stupid." "Let's meet him after class and warn him about that new girl."

 

SHUT UP. Just SHUT UP, EVERYONE! I rolled my eyes and growled under my breath. I DON'T like him, and I am NOT trying to be cool! You all are just being STUPID and CHILDISH. So the guys are being haters and the girls are stalkers. It seemss like everyone in this school hates Lee Taemin... 

 

Taemin's head was still turned to my side. He didn't say anything, but he looked like he wanted to. He kept his head down looking at the floor for the rest of class.

 

I pursed my lips and stared at the board as the teacher taught. So much for concentrating on learning and not getting involved with anything on my FIRST DAY that I planned to!!!

 

 

 

Congratulations! You have (NOT) achieved your goal of not making friends or getting involved with anything! Now people think you're trying to protect Taemin so that he will fall for you. That's technically true, but it doesn't start out that way. You were merely cleaning up your desk area and returning people's belongings. The pieces you dumped down that guy's shirt were probably others' crap, too, but...Oh well.^^ Sorry for this long chapter and stay tuned for Chapter 4!