008

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second morning, all Sung Bok disciples had already gathered at the training hall. Rin was standing among the group, listening to the others whispering to one another in excitement. She could feel her heart beating furiously inside her like it was unable to contain the excitement anymore.

"Senpai, are you nervous?" Rosie asked, rubbing both palms together. When she saw Jaejoong getting closer to the training hall, she couldn't help to feel excited. Although she knew the chance of her representing Sung Bok was slim, she still has the tiny bit of imagination hanging in her.

"Saying I'm not nervous is definitely a lie!" Rin chuckled and placed her hands on the belt on her waist, hoping to seek comfort from it.

She continued taking deep breaths when she realised the other Sung Bok disciples were equally nervous and some of them were even clenching their fists so tightly while some were staring blankly in the space in front of them. Rin looked around and saw Dara biting her lower lip too. The entire atmosphere seemed extremely low.

And then Rin looked diagonally towards Hyuna's direction. "She looks different." Rin thought.

From Rin's angle, she could tell that Hyuna's face and lips were exceptionally pale. Her eyes were staring blankly on the floor. "Is she sick?" Rin thought and suddenly she remembered the conversation between Joon-gi and Hyuna. "She must have stayed up pretty late last night to talk to Joon-gi sunbae."

At the same time Jaejoong had already entered the training hall with Joon-gi and Eunjung following after him before they took the seats at the corner of the training hall. And then Rin noticed when Joon-gi walked past Hyuna, her eyelid fluttered as if she was going to look at him but she lowered her head instead.

"The morning will be the competition for the female category while afternoon is for the male category." Jaejoong's voice snapped Rin back to her senses and listened to the rules and regulations that he was telling them.

"There are twelve female disciples in Sung Bok and we will divide all of you into two teams. Hyuna and Dara had gotten the best results from the past competitions so I would put each of them in one team. The rest of you are going to draw lots to determine whether you would be in red or blue team. We would use elimination system to determine a winner from each team and then the two would then fight for that one and only representation slot under the female category." Jaejoong said, looking across the rest of the disciples. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, sunbae!"

"Good! If there's no other question, go do your warm-up for fifteen minutes and then the competition for the female category would start after that!"

"Yes, sunbae!" The other disciples answered loudly and that was when Hyuna stepped out from the group and stood before Jaejoong.

"Sunbae, I would like to withdraw from this competition."

The rest of disciples went dumbfolded when they heard the girl's decision.

"Why?" Jaejoong frowned as he looked at the girl. "Are you sick? Hang in there! You can rest after this and don't say thing like backing out of the competition. Do you know this will affect the morale of the entire team? Go back to the group!"

Hyuna stood there without any intention to move. She was clenching both fists tightly by her sides and her eyes were still looking down at the floor. "Sunbae-nim, I want to withdraw from this competition." Hyuna paused for a few seconds before she spoke again. "I want to quit Taekwondo and not participate in any competition anymore."

"Do you know what are you talking about?" Jaejoong asked coldly and the others could feel as if the temperature in the training hall was dropping tremendously.

"Yes, I do." Hyuna replied. "Actually I never liked Taekwondo. The reason I learnt Taekwondo is because the boy I like since young loves Taekwondo. Hence I wanted to learn as well."

Eunjung turned to shoot her older brother a look the moment she heard Hyuna's confession.

"But now I know that no matter how hard I tries, he will never like me." A bitter smile appeared on Hyuna's pale face. "I know by saying this is very embarrassing but at least I don't have to regret in future for forcing myself to do something I don't like. I'm sorry, Jaejoong sunbae."

Jaejoong was silent for a few seconds before he spoke again. "If you were using Taekwondo as a way to pursue the boy you like, then I don't see a point for you to continue learning it. You can go now." And then he turned back to look at the group of astonished-looking disciples. "Dismiss. Go do your warm-up and gather back here fifteen minutes later!"

"Yes!" The others answered and watched Hyuna leave the training hall slowly without turning back.

"Is Hyuna sunbae not going to participate in the competition?"

"How can it be possible?"

"Sung Bok's female disciples have been very weak. If Hyuna sunbae really withdraw from the competition, Sung Bok can forget about winning!"

Rin could hear the other disciples discussing about the earlier incident while she watching Hyuna's diminishing back view. Suddenly she recalled the conversation behind the tree, and looked towards Joon-gi's direction. He, on the other hand, was talking to his sister and there wasn't any expression on his face. It was as if he wasn't the person that Hyuna was talking about.

"What did you tell her yesterday? If not, why would she decide to quit Taekwondo so suddenly? Oppa, do you have to be so cruel to Hyuna? Don't you know how much she like you?" Eunjung reprimanded her brother the moment Hyuna disappeared from their sight. She has always hoped that Hyuna could touch her brother's heart one day but it seemed it was just her wishful thinking.

"Why should I make her feel hopeful over something impossible? Don't you think it's much more cruel than me rejecting her?" Joon-gi said while looking at the disciples who were doing their warm-up. "Moreover she chose to announce her decision at this critical period, ignoring the consequence that she might bring to the school. If her passion for Taekwondo weren't even greater than my rejection, I don't thinking it's a waste for her to quit Taekwondo."

"Oppa…"

Although Joon-gi's words were cruel, Eunjung couldn't find a valid point to rebuke her brother. She looked towards her brother's handsome face; it was like a bright sun in the sky. No matter where he go, the girls would be attracted to him. She was a girl herself and she could tell that there were many girls who really adored him, but her brother was only interested in Taekwondo and nothing else.

"Do you have a girl in mind?"

"Hmmm?" Joon-gi replied absentmindedly.

The warm-up session had come to an end and the competition was going to start. Jaejoong and Kris were the judges for the red and blue respectively. Now that Hyuna had withdrawn from the competition, Sung Bok was left with 11 female disciples so it wouldn't use too much time to determine the female representative for Sung Bok.

"Oppa…" Eunjung called her brother the second time. "You like Yifei right?" Eunjung tested because she thought her brother only admired outstanding girl like Yifei.

"Why do you always have so many silly questions in your head? Can you just watch the competition quietly?" Joon-gi sounded a little impatient with his sister. Eunjung stuck her tongue out at her brother only to see his eyes were actually looking at a particular direction.

She looked towards the direction and saw what her brother was actually looking at. "That girl seems not bad." Eunjung commented as she observed Rin who was currently in a competition.

She was a little shocked when she heard that a girl by the name Lee Rin defeated Xu Jiao during their exchange in Sung Bok. Firstly she was extreme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter