044

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lights in the stadium were bright like daylight and the cheers from the audience were loud. The various reporters were taking pictures of the two girls and the lights were flashing like stars on the sky.

The huge screen above has three big words on it.

Taekwondo Babe Competition

This was supposed to be half-entertainment half competition programme. But ever since Eunjung’s appearance in the show and her defeat, the viewership of this show was always at the top. And now that Kato Sakura has been winning for six continuous rounds, she has become the focus of all the medias.

Now that the show was telecasting in China and Japan, more and more people were following this program.

Everyone was curious whether Kato Sakura was able to defend her champion title or would Rin defeat her and restore the long-lost honour for South Korea. It would be revealed in tonight’s match.

To many of the audience and Taekwondo fans, the name Lee Rin was not familiar at all. She has never participated in any international tournament before and neither was she part of the national team. As she entered into the stadium, the host introduced her as Eunjung’s junior and student of Jiwon.

The cameraman went up to give her a close-up. That was a girl with a long ponytail; her eyes were sparkling big like the doe’s eyes. She stood calmly on the mat and there was an unspeakable aura around that girl.

The audiences before the TV were full of anticipation because Eunjung and other national team representatives had already lost to Kato Sakura. They were all wondering if Rin would be their last hope left.

“Yaaaa!”

“Haaaa!”

The first round had begun. Kato Sakura leapt up into the air like a swallow. Her movement was light and her technique was swift, as if she was attacking and testing. Seeing that Rin seemed to be ready to retreat, she didn’t continue with her attack and withdraw her leg as well.

This was Kato Sakura’s strategy.

Many audiences were already very familiar with her strategy. This was how she would test on her opponent’s reaction speed. Kato Sakura was a smart fighter who would never make any rash attack until she knew her opponent from inside out.

The first round was only a warm-up session and many knew that the critical round would always be the third round so they were hoping for Rin to last till the third round.

Just when Kato Sakura withdrew her leg, Rin let out a loud yell.

“Haaa!” Rin spun up into the air and threw her left leg out, aiming for Kato Sakura’s chest.

The Japanese girl was shocked by Rin’s speed and because the first round was usually the resting round, she has never expected Rin to attack so quickly.
That kick was full of power.

Kato Sakura managed to dodge the first kick but the force of Rin’s kick was so overwhelming that she could feel it pressing on her chest. She wanted to take another step back but Rin had already executed her second kick.

“Paaa!”

The second kick landed on Kato Sakura’s chest and she felt like as if all her bones were shattered.

“Thud! Thud! Thud!”

Kato Sakura’s vision went black for a few seconds as she stumbled three steps back.

The entire stadium was in shock and in dead silence.

Even the commentators have stopped talking.

“Thud!” Kato Sakura fell onto her and she stared blankly at Rin. She wasn’t sure what had just happened and all she could feel was an acute pain at her chest, and she felt like her world was spinning.

The referee squatted down to check on her before standing up to announce the score.

0 : 1

Rin scored.

There was a moment of silence before the stadium erupted in loud cheers.

“Lee Rin! Lee Rin!” The audience cheered loudly.

Even the commentators couldn’t contain their excitement. “Our South Korean athlete, Lee Rin, had just scored her first point! South Korea is in the lead!”

“Lee Rin! Lee Rin!” Rosie and Boram were screaming at the top of their voices. They couldn’t believe their eyes because they have never expected her to score a point so quickly.

Rin was standing at her side, shifting her gaze from Kato Sakura to the side of the competition mat where Jaejoong was standing.

**Flashback**

“She will definitely test you out in the first round so you can attack directly and do not hesitate.” Jaejoong told Rin last night while they were on the way back to Sung Bok. “If your first attack were successful, it would disrupt her strategy. And at the same time, I would like to know what had you learnt from Master Liu.”

**End Of Flashback**

The audiences were still cheering for both players. But Rin was looking at Jaejoong, as if they were trying to communicate with their eyes. Jaejoong nodded with a smile.

The remaining first round happened just like what Jaejoong had predicted. After losing that one point to Rin, Kato Sakura could no longer fight calmly. She has the attitude of pulling her score back and hence there were lots of loopholes in her defence.

“Haaa!”

Right before the end of the first round, Rin’s reverse roundhouse kick hit Kato Sakura again.

0 : 2

---

During the second minute of the second round, Kato Sakura tried to do a sneak attack on Rin but the latter managed to see through it and retaliated with an axe kick, hitting Kato Sakura on the head.

0 : 4

That night, all the audience, including those in front of the TV, were extremely hyped up. The doe-eyed girl seemed to have unlimited energy and her attack got more and more powerful each time.

That night Eunjung and her grandfather were also sitting in front of the TV. Seeing the height that Rin jumped and strength of her kick, the old man’s face became more serious and Eunjung was clenching her fists tightly. She couldn’t believe that Master Liu’s guidance could cause her to improve so tremendously within one month.

Jiwon was also watching the TV with Byung Hyun.

There was only ten seconds left for the last round. The entire stadium was cheering loudly for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter