042

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Training base

Boram was looking worriedly at Eunjung who was standing a distance away. "It's weird." She whispered at Taeyeon.

"I felt the same too." Taeyeon sighed.

"Today is Tuesday and there's still five more days to Eunjung and Dongwook sunbae's engagement ceremony." Boram frowned. "Why does Eunjung look so pale and thin as day goes by?"

"I know right."

"Could it be because she has been working too hard on her engagement ceremony?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "Don't look like it. There isn't a single but of happiness on her face. She looks more like someone living in solitude."

Rays of sunlight were sipping through the glass above the training hall.

Eunjung was sitting by herself, thinking about her meeting with Dongwook last night. She waited for Dongwook to get off work because she had told me that she wanted to discuss about the guest list and flower arrangement for their engagement ceremony.

She told Dongwook that she would wait for him till he appeared.

She believed that he would appear because he has never made her wait too long since they were young. But in the end, it was her older brother who came. Joon-gi told her to go back home. He said unwillingness would hurt her.

Unwillingness would hurt her…

She didn't tell her brother that she had already become an iron woman who wasn't afraid of getting hurt. She would never give in to those scars because she believed that time would make them disappear.

The glass door was being pushed open and there came Rosie and Rin.

The two were smiling and talking happily, totally unaware of the odd atmosphere in the training hall.

---

Train station

It was only until the train had gone out of sight then Rin retracted her gaze and prayed silently in her heart that Jaejoong's parents would be healthy forever and they didn't have to worry anything about their health. She turned to look at Jaejoong and finally realised he had looked so much thinner than before but his mood seemed to be better too.

"Rin-ah…" Jaejoong spoke as they walked.

"Hmmm?"

"Gomawo…"

Rin smiled and cupped his face. "Like I said before. You would have done the same thing for me. But can you promise me something?"

Jaejoong stopped and turned to face her.

"Please do not go missing like this anymore. You can tell me all your problems; we can solve them together. I am strong enough to shoulder some burdens from you. Please don't treat your girlfriend like some weaklings."

Jaejoong stared down at her with a smile. "I promise you." And then he learnt down to kiss her on the lips.

"Let's go back. Sung Bok's evening training is going to start." Rin said the moment Jaejoong backed away.

---

Hyun Woo Dojang

"Jesong hamnida!" Dongwook bowed deeply down at Eunjung's grandfather and father. A deep frown appeared on Joon-gi's face as well.

Eunjung was in a daze and her face looked extremely pale.

"I dare you to say it one more time!" The old man slammed his hand hardly on the table. He was furious because he has never expected Dongwook to annul the engagement vow.

"Dongwook, have you really considered properly?" Mr Lee asked. "Although this was set when you were young, you had promised your Aunt Lee yourself. For all these years, you should be very clear about Eunjung's heart. She only likes you and she has never done anything wrong to you. She has many eligible suitors but she has never considered them at all. I know that you youngsters are very hotheaded so we will forgive this time round. We will continue to proceed with the engagement so please don't say such hurtful words to us anymore."

"Bastard!" Old Mr Lee hollered.

There was a moment of dead silence in the hall.

Dongwook stood up slowly and looked at the three men before him. "Jesong hamnida! I don't want hold up Eunjung anymore."

"Paaaa!" Old Mr Lee threw a teacup at Dongwook, causing a cut on his forehead.
Eunjung quickly went up to hold Dongwook's hand. "I'm not afraid! I am willing to wait until you change your mind even if you want me to wait for you forever!"
Dongwook just looked at her silently.

"Why do you want to like someone who is already in a relationship with someone? Do you loves to be a third party so much?"

"Bastard!" Eunjung’s grandfather hollered again. "So you are the one who is liking someone else! You heartless bastard! I thought you are a good man and you would treat our Eunjung well! Don't you think you are letting your Aunt Lee down?"

The blood continued to trickle down Dongwook's face. "At first I think it's only matter of time and then I would fall in love with her and give her the happiness she wanted. I thought feeling could be nurtured until I met someone else…"

"I like that girl and she didn't know about my feeling. I thought by leaving Seoul for two years, I could forget her but I was wrong…"

Suddenly Eunjung could feel her world spinning.

"Two years had passed and when I saw the girl again, I had also realised my feeling for Eunjung was only love for a younger sister. Making Eunjung stay by my side would only make her suffer more. Rather than doing that, I would want a fresh start for both of us. Jesong hamnida…"

Joon-gi let out a long sigh.

"Why did you only say it now…" The old man sighed.

He couldn't help but to blame himself for all these. Actually he had long seen through Dongwook's feeling towards Eunjung, but he chose to keep it to himself since he was a very outstanding young man and he could help Eunjung a lot.

He knew that he was the unreasonable one in this situation because Dongwook had brought this matter up to him for several times that he wanted to annul the engagement vow. It was a ridiculous thing to make a young man to keep to a promise made when he was still a kid.

But he has no other choice because his granddaughter had to grow up without her mother…

"Go…" The old man waved Dongwook off. "Don't come to Hyun Woo anymore! Don't let me see you! The engagement vow is now annulled!"

"Harabeoji!" Eunjung's face flushed white immediately.

"Let him go!" The old man stared angrily at his granddaughter. "Aren't his words clear enough? Don't go pester him anymore! It's his loss for not losing you! Eunjung-ah, you have no lack suitors! Please don't disgrace your mother and Hyun Woo! There are still many good men out there!"

Eunjung dropped to the ground and stared back Dongwook's diminishing back. She could feel her blood turning colder and colder like the moonlight.

---

The atmosphere in the training base was getting worse.

Boram and Taeyeon have been extremely cautious in their conversation because they didn't want to hit the land mine. Sunday had just passed but there wasn't any engagement ceremony taking place. Hence this was why none of the member dared to say a single word on that.

Even Rosie could tell that Eunjung's gaze on Rin had turned to hatred glare.

"What's going on between you and Eunjung?" Jaejoong asked Rin the moment she came back from her warm-up jog.

"What else?" Rin sighed.

"Dongwook hyung?"

Rin nodded.

Jaejoong pinched his nose bridge and let out a long sigh. "Do you think you can settle this issue?"

"Like how? Get married with you?" Rin chuckled.

"Hmmm... I need to consider this very thoroughly."

"Yah!" Rin smacked his leg.

"Everyone, get into your position." Jiwon clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

Jiwon didn't say anything about Jaejoong coming back; she treated as if he has never absent at all. Now that Rin has a partner to practise, she didn't feel lonely anymore.

"Haaa!" A loud shout was heard and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter