031

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"… his name is Lee Byung Hyun." Xu Zhe Yi said the name coldly. "That year was his first time participating in the World Taekwondo Tournament…"

Lee Byung Hyun?!

Rosie turned to look at Rin with worries plastered on her face. But she heaved a sigh of relief when she saw Rin still looking calm and cool.

"Surprisingly he defeated all his opponents from the various countries and got the championship for that tournament."

Rin's body was already shaking in anger. She could already predict what was going to be said later. Her mind was blank and she could hear a buzzing sound inside her ears.

Xu Zhe Yi continued to talk on the podium. "… after the tournament, the committee investigated how Lee Byung Hyun managed to get his victory." He raised his voice to say every single word out of his mouth. "He actually confined stimulant during his match!"

The entire training hall erupted into whispers.

"Consuming stimulant is a despicable way to get your victory and this is quite common in the entire sports world." Xu Zhe Yi said. "But this is the first case in the Taekwondo world! Taekwondo is about honour and yet Lee Byung Hyun actually used such despicable way to participate in this tournament! He insulted the spirit of Taekwondo!"

The whispers among the other campers became louder and many of them turned to look at the Seoul team.

Rin seemed to be frozen on her spot; the voice from the podium was like knife cutting every single part of her body. She kept telling herself that she has already gotten used to all these insults and she's numb to all these s.

Ever since she moved into Kwon Seung with her father at the age of ten, she has been living a life full of insults.

"Do you know that your father is disgraceful person?"

"Your father is the bad guy in all the stories! You are a bad girl too! Like father like daughter!"

Because of this, Rin always got into fights with the kids in Kwon Seung. Even if she were to get injured, she would still make sure they paid the price for insulting her father. And everytime after her fight, her father would punish her by caning her.

She believed her father was innocent. She would do her best to protect him and she wouldn't allow anybody to talk bad about her father even if she were to receive caning from him.
There was once she fainted due to her father's beating and when she woke up, she found her father sitting by the bedside. "Even if you were to defeat the whole world, the past could never be changed."

"Appa..." Rin whimpered.

"Rin-ah... there are a lot of things cannot be solved by fighting. You are a kind and good girl so you should learn to ignore all those comments. If you were to fight with others, people would think that appa failed to teach you well. Appa don't want you to waste your time on fighting. Appa hope that you can become a professional Taekwondo athlete and be on top of the world! This is appa's biggest wish!"

This was when Rin finally understood.

As long as she became stronger and stood on top of the world, it would help to prove his innocence. At that moment, she could use her voice to tell people that her father, Lee Byung Hyun, was innocent and he was a champion.

That was when she started to learn to tolerate and control.
And slowly she learnt to be silent.

She has also stopped fighting with others and put all her time in trainings. She thought she was already numb to all these insults but it seemed not to be the case.

At the moment she could hear the other campers discussing about her father because she could hear them mentioning his name during their whispers.

Coldness started creeping up her spine.

"Control yourself." Jaejoong said and his hand was gripping tightly on her hand.
Rin closed her eyes and inhaled slowly. She clenched her fists very tightly to control herself.

"After being tested positive for stimulant, Lee Byung Hyun was not only being stripped from his championship title, the World Taekwondo Association had also barred him from taking part in any tournament or competition for life. This kind of disgraceful person should not have any right to teach Taekwondo as well."

"If any one of you were not following the basic spirit of Taekwondo, you should stop learning Taekwondo! Don't turn yourself into a disgrace and scumbag like Lee Byung Hyun!" Xu Zhe Yi told the campers with a serious look on his face.

The words disgrace and scumbag were like Ike knives cutting Rin's heart. She tried to control and control but the insulting words didn't stop coming from the podium.

"Don't be like Lee Byung Hyun and cause your name to be associated with the words disgrace and scumbag..."

"Master Xu!" A loud and clear voice cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

The entire hall was shocked and turned to look at the girl in old Taekwondo robe. She stood up slowly and looked up at the man standing at the podium.

Dongwook turned around to look at her.

She stood up slowly.

Like everything had gotten into slow motion. Dongwook could only see her eyes; they were so bright like they were burning in fire. She was like an angry lioness, waiting for her chance to catch her prey.

Jaejoong went frozen for that moment.

Rin's speed wasn't fast but he just couldn't stop her for that moment because she seemed too strong for him to control.

"You are a master level instructor. Don't you know you are defaming a person's reputation when you are using those insulting words?"

"Wahhh!" The rest of the people let out a loud astonished gasp.

Nobody would expect a girl would dare to reprimand Master Xu for defaming one's reputation.

Taeyeon, Boram and Baekhyun were looking at Rin with shocks written all over their faces. They knew Rin never liked others criticising her father but they have never expected her to argue with Master Xu in front of so many people.

Luhan was translating what Rin was saying to Xu Zhe Yi when the older man slammed his hand on the podium angrily.

"What are you talking about?"

The entire hall went silent at his yell.

"I am telling you that this is not appropriate for you to defame a person in front of so many people." Rin said calmly. "Reputation is very important to a Taekwondo athlete. It is almost like a life to a human. Do you insult someone's life like that in public? If you are promoting the spirit of Taekwondo to us, you shouldn't be disrespecting others. Are you abiding to the spirit of Taekwondo?"

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" Xu Zhe Yi laughed but his face was still red with anger.

"Who are you to say such thing to me? Lee Byung Hyun is a scumbag in the Taekwondo world! He doesn't have any reputation to start with!"

"I am Lee Rin and not only I can say such thing to you, anybody can do the same. Even I am new to Taekwondo, I will still have the right to tell you that whatever you had just said is wrong." Rin said, trying her best to keep herself calm. "And please refrain from using the word scumbag! It is not something you should say with your current status!"

"Lee Rin! How dare you speak to my father in such tone!" Xu Jiao stood up and lashed at Rin.

Although she had been lectured and agreed to challenge Rin at an official match, she couldn't bear to see Rin being rude to her father. How could she show disrespect to her father in front of so many people? How could she defend Lee Byung Hyun when he really consumed stimulant for his match?

"Lee Byung Hyun! Stimulant! Everybody know! You, Lee Byung Hyun's daughter and disciple, same! Disgrace! You are rude! Apologise to my father! Apologise!"
Xu Jiao was about to kick her leg towards Rin when Tian Yu stood up to hold her back.

"Let go of me! I want to kill her!"

"Hahaha!" Xu Zhe Yi laughed. "So you are his daughter and disciple! No wonder you are so blinded! And how dare he take in disciple when he is being barred from teaching? He is indeed shameless to the max!"

"Yes, I am his daughter and disciple!" Rin said in raised voice. "That's why I know my father very well! He abides to the spirit of Taekwondo so you cannot or have any right to defame him!"

"I don't have the right?" Xu Zhe Yi's brows were knotted together after hearing Luhan's translation. "He is really very gutsy! The Taekwondo Association had already stripped his right from teaching Taekwondo and yet he still dare to teach his daughter Taekwondo! I have to say I really admire his courage!"

"Is that wrong to teach his own daughter?"

Xu Zhe Yi's face paled out when he heard Rin's argument. "It had been recorded that Lee Byung Hyun did consume stimulant during his match! Am I wrong to say that? Lee Byung Hyun is barred from all competitions and being stripped from his right to teach! Did I say anything wrongly? He used such a despicable way to get his victory. Isn't he tarnishing the spirit of Taekwondo? This is a disgrace to Taekwondo! Did I say anything wrong?" Xu Zhe Yi's voice echoed throughout the hall. "Even if there are several thousands of people here, I, Xu Zhe Yi, will still talk about this for as many times as I want! He is the scum of Taekwondo! Whatever he did is disgraceful!"

Rin inhaled a deep breath to calm the boiling anger down. She knew her father very well; he's a good person and he would never resort to using such method. If he were to lose, he would choose to lose with honour. She believed that he was innocent.

**Flashback**

"Rin-ah, your appa is really a nice person! He has been buying medicine for his ex-disciple after he had been diagnosed with illness. I can't find a second person like him!"

"Ya! Even though he isn't very rich, he will still do his best to help others! And he is a very loyal person! There were many dojangs that offered extremely high price to poach him over but he rejected them and continued to stay with the dojang where he learnt Taekwondo since young. Where to find such loyal person now?"

Little Rin nodded and beamed happily when she heard these co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter