006

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the subsequent days, Rin tried not to think about the unhappy things and focus on her studies. She would head jack to Sung Bok after school to clean the dojang so that they could still keep her here because of her hard work.

Other than the day she went to her father's dormitory to have dinner with him, she didn't go to visit him since she was busy with her assignments.

It was only until one day when she was on the way back to Sung Bok with Rosie; she felt the atmosphere in the dojang was exceptionally strange. She looked across the courtyard and was surprised to see that there wasn't a single disciple in the courtyard. All of them had gathered in the training hall. "What's going on?" Rosie asked and the two girls quickly made their way to the hall.

All of the Sung Bok disciples turned to look at Rin like she was a freak. Those stares made Rin shiver and she remembered those were the stares that she had gotten on the day she got chased out of Kwon Seung.

"Don't tell me…" Before Rin could think any further, the Sung Bok disciples had moved aside, creating a path for her.

She almost fainted when she saw the sight before her. "Appa!" Rin rushed over to her father who was kneeling down before Minsoo.

"Rin-ah, kneel down!" Byung Hyun instructed.

"Appa, what are you doing?" Rin asked.

"I say kneel down!" Byung Hyun hollered.

Rin has no choice but to do what was told.

"Please take her under you." Byung Hyun begged Minsoo.

"Appa, what are you talking about?" Rin was shocked and got up immediately to help her father up. But Byung Hyun didn't budge at all. Instead, he grabbed her by the shoulder and pinned her back down to her knees.

"Rin is a very gifted child. If she continue to follow me, she won't be able to participate in any competition or practice fight." Byung Hyun began. "Please take her under you because I believe she will bring glory to Sung Bok."

Knowing that it was impossible to get Rin back to Kwon Seung and he has no ability to get her into any competition, putting her in Sung Bok was the best decision. Moreover Minsoo was a well-known humble and reputable dojang master in the Taekwondo world so this was the best he could do for his daughter.

"I don't think it's very good." Minsoo said with his brows slightly knotted.
This had been a rare sight ever when the teacher decided to send his own disciple to another teacher. Let alone the disciple was actually his own daughter.

Jaejoong was standing behind Minsoo and his gaze fell silently upon the flustered-looking Rin.

"I beg you." Byung Hyun bowed. "She has nowhere to go! Please take her under you!"

"I can live on my own! Appa, I can quit school and go out to work! You don't need to worry about me!" Rin said angrily. "I will not recognize anybody else as my teacher. You are my teacher! You will be my teacher forever! If you choose to disown me as your daughter, you can go ahead to do it. But it will never change the fact that I am your disciple!"

"Rin!" Byung Hyun shouted back but when he saw his daughter's red teary eyes, he softened immediately. This was also when Rin finally realized how much her own father had aged despite she only saw him few days ago. There were so many grey hairs on his head and he was in his forties but he looked as if he was in his fifties. "Appa doesn't want you to give up on Taekwondo so I want you to follow Master Lee. Appa believe that you will become an outstanding Taekwondo athlete."

"Appa..."

"Please take her. You will be extremely proud of her one day." Byung Hyun said as he bowed down at Minsoo.

Minsoo was shocked by Byung Hyun's action and he wanted to help Byung Hyun up but the latter just refused to stand up. "Why are you so stubborn?" Minsoo sighed.

For the past decade, it must be a tough life for Byung Hyun. Many years ago, Minsoo had also gone to the World Taekwondo Championship, he had witnessed how Byung Hyun won the championship and also the time when he got removed from his title after the stimulant incident. He also heard that after Byung Hyun went back to Seoul, his wife left him and his daughter for another man.

Because of that stimulant incident, the Taekwondo Association had barred him from participating in any competition. From then on, almost all Taekwondo schools in Seoul cut all the links with him and only Kwon Seung allowed him and his daughter to stay in the school because he was from Kwon Seung when he first learnt Taekwondo.

Minsoo looked towards the girl kneeling next to Byung Hyun; she looked like she was around 16 to 17 but she behaved almost like a mature adult who had been through a lot. She has been living in Sung Bok for some time and he saw how diligent was she. Although he didn't witness how she defeated Xu Jiao, he could hear from Jaejoong's narration that this girl did has some flair in learning Taekwondo.

If she were to stick to her father, she would miss a lot of chances to participate in competitions.

"Okay. I will take her under me. In actual fact, I quite like your daughter; she is very diligent and courageous. Even if I didn't take her under me, she is already part of Sung Bok." Minsoo said and stretched his hand to help Byung Hyun up.

"Thank you very much! Thank you very much!" Byung Hyun stood up slowly. He was glad that his judgement was right because ever since that incident, everyone in the Taekwondo world shun him like plague and only Minsoo would still greet him with a nod.

"Master Lee, I am sorry." Rin interjected. "I am grateful that Sung Bok Dojang allows me to stay in the school but I cannot abandon my father since he has been the one who raised me up and taught me Taekwondo. My father will be my teacher for life. Please forgive me." Rin bowed down and stayed there.

"Byung Hyun hyung, you are lucky to have such filial daughter." Minsoo complimented with a smile and looked down at Rin. "Good! It's very rare to find young people like you nowadays. From today onwards, you will stay and learn in Sung Bok but you don't need to address me as your teacher. What do you think?"

"Master Lee..." Rin looked to at the man in shock and guilt.

"This shall be the arrangement. Jaejoong, you will be in-charge of Rin's future training."

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded.

It was evening time when Rin sent her father off.

"Master Lee is a nice man and he told me that you will have an equal chance to fight for the chance to participate in the upcoming Inter-Dojang Tournament."

Rin was caught by surprise. She has never expected herself to even have a chance to fight for the chance to participate in the Inter-Dojang Tournament.

"Work hard! You are a gifted child so you must put your gift in good use." Byung Hyun reminded his daughter. "What you need to do now is to gather more experience. You don't have any tournament experience so you may be in the disadvantage side when you come face-to-face with a strong opponent. Appa hope to see you becoming an outstanding Taekwondo athlete and bring honour to our country."

"Yes, Appa! I will not let you down!" Rin nodded.

---

At night, Dongwook was sitting by the window, reading his thick medicinal book. The gentle flow o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter