025

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The television was showing the beautiful exterior view of the training base and then the scene changed to the reporter interviewing Eunjung.

"I have started my official training and I'm making great progress." Eunjung said, smiling sweetly at the camera.

A frown appeared on Rosie's face.

The scene switched again and it was showing Eunjung in her Taekwondo robe; she was doing some of the basic Taekwondo moves for the reporters.

"Currently Lee Eunjung-ssi had stopped all her social activities and we have reliable sources saying that she has also rejected several endorsement opportunities because she wanted to focus on the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament. She is progressing well and she said she has confidence in getting great result on the tournament." The reporter said and the scene changed again.

Rin was spotted on the screen.

"It's Rin sunbae!" The younger disciples squealed excitedly.

And then the screen only showed Rin's side profile flashed past the screen for a few times.

"Yaaa!" Eunjung attacked and Rin defended.

"Yaaa!" Eunjung leapt up into the air and launched an axe kick at Rin.

"Haaa!" Rin was up in the air and was doing her second kick when Eunjung yelled and threw a horizontal kick forward…

And the scene changed to the reporter interviewing Eunjung again. "Eunjung-ssi, we can see that you are in tip top condition in the earlier practice match. Do you have confidence in the upcoming tournament?"

"Yes."

"So what position do you think you will get in this tournament?"

"First I have to make sure I get into top 4 and then I will fight for better result."

"Fighting! We believe in you! You can do it!"

"Kamsa hamnida!" Eunjung smiled.

"What the hell!" Rosie shouted angrily. "This is despicable! It's senpai who won that match! Why did they make the video look like Eunjung sunbae is the winner? Grrrrr!"

And then Rosie started crying.

The younger female disciples saw Rosie cry and then they started crying as well.

Kris let out a sigh and walked over to comfort Rosie. "Calm down! Calm down! Rin isn't crying so why are you crying? You want to make her more upset?"

The television was switched off. It was Jaejoong.

"All of you go back to your room." He told the group and Kris started ushering the others out of the training hall, leaving Jaejoong and Rin behind.

"This is the distance between you and Eunjung." Jaejoong said. "Two victories aren't enough to shake Eunjung's position. You must work extremely hard to win her at every match so that you don't give others a chance to neglect you."

---

Hyun Woo Dojang

Eunjung was kneeling in front of an old man who was sitting on the tatami. The old man was watching the video of her earlier practice match with Rin and he rewatched a certain part again and again.

The old man's eyes went wide when he watched Rin executed three kicks within one leap.

Watching how Eunjung lost one point after another, he smacked his hand onto the girl's head and she didn't dare to dodge a single bit.

"Idiot!" The old man shouted angrily. "Look at you! What do you know now? Dolling yourself up? Dating? Or doing endorsements? Why don't you just learn from your oppa? Quit Taekwondo and be a rich man's daughter!"

"Harabeoji!" Eunjung looked up at her grandfather in shock.

"Don't call me harabeoji! Hyun Woo doesn't have such useless descendant like you!"

"Harabeoji, I'm wrong..." Eunjung's eyes turned red and teary. "... I didn't train for long so that's why I lost this match. I am very upset with myself too..."

"This is not your first time losing to that girl! How are you able to get into the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament? Have you seen how Yifei trained? Do you think you share the same kind of attitude towards training? Instead of catching up to her level, you are lagging so far behind!"

Tears started rolling down Eunjung's cheeks.

"I went to Chang Hai Dojang last month and met Yifei. Although the girl is of the same age as you, her wisdom and skill are far ahead of yours."

Eunjung went silent at her grandfather's reply.

The old man stood up and walked towards the window, looking at the moon in the sky.

"Eunjung-ah, ever since your oppa quitted Taekwondo, halbeoji had put all hope on you. Not only you are my hope, you are also your mother's hope. If only, your mother is still alive…"

Eunjung's eyes turned red again.

"The International Youth Taekwondo Tournament is a major matter but Olympics is even more important. It represents one country and you are fighting for your country's honour! Halbeoji hope that you are able to do it for our country." The old man sighed. "That time your mother didn't manage to get into Olympics and that had been her most regretful pain in her life. And then when Joon-gi was born, I thought he could continue your mother's dream but he chose to betray Taekwondo."

"Oppa didn't have any choice…" Eunjung defended her brother but she wasn't sure if she should tell the truth to her grandfather.

"I don't care what reason he has. Betray means betray! He not only betrayed Taekwondo, he has also betrayed your mother!"

"From today onwards, you are not supposed to leave Hyun Woo for two months! You will start your closed-door trainings and I want you to throw all unnecessary things out of your mind! And don't even think of sneaking out to meet that Dongwook kid!"

Eunjung stared back at her grandfather with pleading eyes.

"Do you not hear me? Or do you want to leave Hyun Woo for good?" The old man hollered.

"Yes..." Eunjung answered. "But what about Coach Jiwon's training?"

"I will call Jiwon myself!"

"Yes..."

Eunjung knew Jiwon was very respectful towards her grandfather because she was his closed-door disciple. When she was still with coaching the national team, she had also invited him to be her consultant.

"And that girl by the name, Lee Rin…" The old man began. "You have to be aware of her. She is your potential opponent in South Korea."

---

The next day, all the newspapers and news broadcast were talking about Eunjung and the possibility of her getting good result for the upcoming tournament.

And all the pictures in the newspapers were on Eunjung attacking Rin.

The atmosphere in the training base was awkward and no one dared to comment or discuss about yesterday's practice match because they didn't want to affect Rin in any way.

Rosie understood the reason so she took her belongings out from her locker and left the training base without waiting for Rin.

"Rin-ah…" A voice spoke.

Rin turned around and saw her mother walking into the empty changing room.

"This is for you." Jiwon handed a paper bag to her daughter.

"Huh? What is this?" Rin took the paper from her mother and saw a box inside.

"Your new Taekwondo robe. Saengil chuka haeyo!" Jiwon smiled.

"Gomawo, omma!" Rin went up to hug her mother.

"So where is Jaejoong bringing you to celebrate your birthday today?" Jiwon asked when she backed away from the hug.

"We are bringing appa to a barbecue restaurant to eat. Do you want to join us?"
Jiwon smiled and shook her head. "You guys go ahead. I still have some paperworks that need to be done."

"Okay."

"Enjoy your day." Jiwon told her daughter and left the changing room.

Rin made her way back to her locker to take her bag when she saw an envelope lying inside. Because she didn't have any expensive thing in her belongings so she didn't have the habit to lock her locker.

She stared at the envelope for a while before she picked it up and removed the card inside.

"Rin

Happy Birthday.

Dongwook."

"Rin, are you ready?" Jaejoong's voice could be heard outside of the female

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter