017

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the match with Ik-Seung, the opponent for the last match was Ri Wae Dojang and they weren't strong so Sung Bok won their last match with ease.
Ninth consecutive win

True enough, Sung Bok managed to get into the quarter final with a result of nine consecutive wins.

All Sung Bok disciples were hyping with excitement. They have never gotten such a good result for a long time. This was their best result in Sung Bok's history.

They have never expected a rookie fighter like Rin would be able to win every single match and bring the school further into the tournament. This had caused their hope balloon to grow bigger.

There may be a chance for Sung Bok to get into top eight, top four and maybe the top two.

At the end of the each group competition, all schools were given a one-day break before the start of the quarter final. That day, other than Kris and Rin were training for quarter final, the others were waiting anxiously for Jaejoong to come back with the balloting result.

"Dear god, please give us the weaker opponent! Please please please! Jebal! Jebal!" While they were praying loudly at the gate, Jaejoong was seen walking back to the school.

The result that Jaejoong brought back was like a needle bursting their balloon.

Stunned.

Transfixed.

Frustrated.

Grief.

Despair.

The first quarter final opponent for Sung Bok was one of the top four schools in last year's tournament, Sa Dol Dojang. In last year tournament, Sa Dol Dojang ended their journey at the semi-final because the opponent they bumped into was Hyun Woo Dojang. If not, they would have gotten into the final.

Whoever that emerged as the winner in the match between Sung Bok and Sa Dol would come face-to-face with the winner of the match between Hyun Woo and Gong In Dojang.

It's impossible for Hyun Woo to lose to Gong In and this would also mean if Sung Bok were to win Sa Dol in their upcoming match, they would still lose in the match with Hyun Woo.

No word could describe the current atmosphere in Sung Bok. It was as if a person, who never had any desire, has finally found a dream and was going towards the future that he desired but suddenly realised it was only his wishful thinking.

The atmosphere in Sung Bok was exceptionally low and the others couldn't stop sighing.

But when they saw how hard Jaejoong, Kris and Rin trained, none of them dared to say a single word of discouragement.

---

It was already nighttime when Rin just hung the last piece of robe up to dry. Rosie let out a rather loud sigh to catch her friend's attention.

"What?" Rin asked without turning back.

"Senpai, aren't you nervous?"

Why?" Rin turned back to look at her friend.

"Tomorrow's match will be a tough fight." Rosie said. "There might be a chance of winning for Kris and Jaejoong sunbae. But for you... it's tough! Your opponent is Kim Taeyeon. Have you heard of her before?"

"Yes, I do."

Before Eunjung, Taeyeon was the top Taekwondo female athlete in Seoul. It was said that she was exceptionally calm in all her fights and before the fight could start, her opponents would have lost by three points due to her overwhelming aura. This was how she gotten her -faced killer title.

"Jebal! Senpai, can you don't talk so calmly? She is Kim Taeyeon! Other than losing to Eunjung sunbae, she has never lost to anyone else!" Rosie shrieked. Although she didn't want Rin to be too nervous, she didn't want her friend to underestimate her opponent as well.

Rin let out a sigh. "Whether I am nervous or not, I still have to fight tomorrow's match right?"

"I know but I just feel unfair for us! Even if we were to win Sa Dol tomorrow, we would have to face Hyun Woo! It's still a loss to us!"

"If it's fate, you can never outrun it. You can only face it."

---

Today was the first day of the quarter final and it would start at 2pm in the afternoon whereby eight matches would take place within the same day and same place.

The spectator seats were filled with people.

During the quarter final, the non-contesting disciples were not allowed to walk around the stadium and the respective cheering teams should only cheer for their school at the spectator seats.

The match has yet to start and the cheering teams have already started cheering. When it was time for Sung Bok to go against Sa Dol, Rosie and gang took their paper trumpets out to cheer for their teammates.

But their cheers didn't seem to help Kris in his fight with his opponent from Sa Dol.

The first round ended with a score of 5 : 2.

Rin quickly handed him a towel and a bottle of water when Kris came back from the first match. Jaejoong was telling him to change his strategy in the next round while the latter wiped his sweats.

"Kris Wu fighting! Kris Wu fighting!"

Rosie and the girls were cheering loudly at the spectator seats.

When the second round began, Kris changed from defence position to attack position and he had once closed up the score gap to 6:4. But his opponent from Sa Dol had also changed his strategy to defence position and at the end of the second round, he lengthened their score gap again to 8 : 4.

It seemed like Kris has depleted a lot of his energy from his fight. His hand was already trembling lightly while drinking from his water bottle.

"Let me help you loosen your shoulder muscles." Rin stood up to help to massage Kris' shoulders. "For the next round, you can consider going freestyle." Rin said.

Jaejoong turned to look at her with a shocked look. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Sunbae-nim, we have already lost two rounds so I don't see any harm in doing this."

Kris stood up from his seat and turned to look at Rin with a raised brow. "Are you serious?"

"No harm trying. Defend when you need to defend. Attack when you need to attack. Freestyle. Just like dancing. Move your body when you feel like moving."
Kris looked down at Jaejoong who has a frown on his face.

"Contestants, get ready!" The referee announced.

"Do as what Rin said." Jaejoong threw him those five words and Kris gave him and Rin a nod before making his way to the competition mat.

During the third round, Kris used the strategy that Rin told him and managed to pull the score back up to be on par with Sa Dol. It was only until the last 30 seconds then Kris managed to land a one point kick on his opponent's chest, securing the first victory for Sung Bok.

The girls stood up from their seats and cheered loudly for Kris. Kris came and gave Rin and Jaejoong each a high-five. "Daebak! Your strategy works!" Kris told Rin.

"Not bad." Jaejoong added.

"Sometimes no strategy is also a strategy." Rin chuckled.

"Be careful of Kim Taeyeon. They wouldn't go easy on us for the second round onwards." Jaejoong reminded.

"Lee Rin, fighting! Lee Rin, fighting!" The girls were cheering even louder.

"Good luck, Rin." Kris said.

"Thanks. I need that a lot." Rin bowed at the two and made her way to the competition mat.

Standing at the centre of the mat, the two girls gave one another a bow.

In the past, she used to hear Taeyeon’s name and she had never watched Sa Dol's matches before so this was her first time seeing Taeyeon’s real person.
Rin could feel the cold aura coming for her opponent. That kind of cold aura was so overwhelming that it could make one back away in fear.

Staring at the pair of cold eyes, Rin saw Taeyeon was scanning her from head to toe before letting out a cold sneer and Rin could even hear the despise in that sneer.

"Start!" The referee announced.

Taeyeon! Sure win! Taeyeon! Sure win!"

"Lee Rin, fighting! Lee Rin, fighting!"

While the two cheering teams were cheering out loud, the two girls had already exchanged several rounds of blows.

"What's going on?" Rosie put her paper trumpet down and stared unbelievably at the scoreboard. It was still stuck at zero and Rin couldn't seem to break Taeyeon's defence.

"Haaa!" Another sneer was heard.

A frown appeared on Rin's face and before she could even react, Taeyeon's leg was already at her face.

2 : 0

The scoreboard finally changed.

Rin could feel the hot sensation on her face. She was confused why couldn't she read her move and everytime she tried to read, she would be distracted by her sneers.

"Calm down!" Rin told her myself and refocused her attention but Taeyeon's sneers continued to distract Rin.

Taeyeon wasn't rushing into attacking Rin and instead she advanced towards Rin with a weird momentum, causing Rin to back away.

"Haaa!" Taeyeon let out another sneer and that was when Rin realised she was almost at the edge of the mat.

"Paa! Paa!"

Taeyeon did a double fly kick and both legs were landed on Rin's body, sending Rin off the mat.

---

The first round ended.

Rin walked back to the resting area like a zo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter