020

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years later…

The sun was shining into the training hall through the glass dormer above and there were young men and women in white Taekwondo robes having their training in the hall.

"Why isn't she here?" Rosie muttered while she was kneeling on the mat to clean the mats. This afternoon Rin told Rosie that she has an errand to Rin so she told her to go to the training base first. But now that it's almost time for training, Rin was still nowhere in sight.

Jiwon didn't like her students to be late.

"But senpai is Coach Choi's daughter. I'm sure she won't punish her right?" Rosie muttered. "Byung Hyun ahjusshi is also very strict to senpai so I guess Coach Choi would do the same too. Ottoke? Senpai, where are you?"

Moments later, Rin has yet to arrive. Rosie sat on the mat, looking at the door and the other training members.

The Seoul Taekwondo Training Base was set up two years ago. At first they were using part of the Olympic Stadium for training but with the sponsor of the Lee Group, they were able to get this new and beautiful building as their training dojang.

It's way too beautiful.

Rosie could still remember the first time when she came to this building with Jiwon and the other members; she was stunned. The walls of this two-storey building were made of white marble; there were several training halls in the building and there were full-length glass windows and mirror in every training hall. Most importantly the bathing area has individual bathing cubicle so there's no need for them to squeeze in one big bathing area anymore.

There were many high-tech devices in the training base for them to check on their heartbeat, pulse etc. It was so different from the traditional training they used to do while they were in their respective dojang.

Ever since the training base was being set up, it has become the icon in Seoul. Rosie could still remember when this training base was first set up, the other dojangs were very afraid of the possibility of the training base becoming their competitor. Even she was worried for Sung Bok because if all disciples decided to leave Sung Bok to join the training base, Sung Bok would have to close down for good.

But it was after that then they realised Jiwon didn't have any intention to make the students leave their individual dojang. In the end they only have one training session everyday in the training base, and then they would go back to their respective dojang for their daily training. Even if they were to go for competition, they would represent their respective school.

And the result of Jiwon's training was exceptionally outstanding.

The students in the training base were divided into two groups; one group was like the interest group whereby students just have to pay a tuition fee then they would be enrolled automatically and there would only be two classes of twenty students each. The other group would consist Jiwon's handpicked students and it wasn't a big group like the normal classes.

During the two years, the training base has pretty good result and Jiwon's team had achieved very good results in the various national-level competitions. The chief of the National Taekwondo Association of South Korea had also come to the base to congratulate Jiwon and her team and even wish for them to work hard so that they could fight for the slots to participate in the Olympics in two years time.
Back to the reality, Rosie was still cleaning the training mats and sighed. If not because of her lousy Taekwondo skills, she would have become one of the members in this training base and not a part-time cleaner.

But she didn't aspire to be an outstanding Taekwondo athlete; her dream was to turn Sung Bok into an outstanding dojang like Hyun Woo.

This was the reason why she begged Jiwon to give her a position in the base but in actual fact, she just wanted to learn how to manage a Taekwondo team.

Although she was a part-timer in the training base, she actually viewed herself as Rin's manager.

Talking about Rin, Rosie's mine flashed back to what happen during the tournament two years ago.

She and the gang were extremely excited about Rin's victory. The feeling of winning Hyun Woo was indescribable but the moment she saw Rin fell unconscious down onto the mat, everyone's heart dropped.

It was Jaejoong who rushed to Rin first and carried away from the mat.
Nobody knew what happened to Rin; they only knew that her eyes were tightly shut when Jaejoong carried her away.

In the end, Jaejoong lost his match against Joon-gi and Sung Bok had also stopped their journey at the quarter final. Nobody was upset about losing to Hyun Woo because they were still happy that they still managed to secure a victory among the three matches and it has become an encouragement to everyone in Sung Bok. That was not the only thing that made them happy, they got even happier when they saw the name list of Jiwon's handpicked team. Jaejoong, Kris and Rin had been chosen to be in Jiwon's team. Although they came to know about Rin's relation with Jiwon, the rest of Sung Bok still believed that it was Rin's skills that got her into that team and not because she was Jiwon's daughter.

Out of everyone's expectation, Rin chose to forgo this opportunity.

She didn't go to the training base to report and instead she continued to stay in Sung Bok to train on her own until one particular night.

Rosie was out with her classmates for a movie and when she came back to the school, she took the short cut to go back home. Just when she walked past the training hall, she saw two shadows in the dark hall.

She took a closer look and saw Jaejoong and Rin sitting side by side at the corridor. But because she was too far away from them, she couldn't really hear what they were talking.

After that night, Jaejoong announced to the others that Rin would be joining the training base and the entire Sung Bok was thrilled. Rosie knew it must be Jaejoong who persuaded the stubborn girl to join the training base. If not, Rin wouldn't even want to do it even if it was her father who was doing the talking.
Although Rin was Jiwon's daughter, Jiwon didn't go easy on her training to Rin. After joining the base, Rin's result got even better. Her speed of growth was amazing and even Rosie was stunned to Rin's improvement.

Ever since Eunjung's defeat, she left the country to train in overseas countries and so Rin was given a chance to participate in many Taekwondo tournaments. Rin has also become a key player within the female category. For every tournament she participated, she would turn out to be the champion of each tournament.

Lee Rin was no longer an anonymous player in the Taekwondo world; she has become the target that many female Taekwondo disciples would want to surpass.

In last year inter-school Taekwondo tournament, Sung Bok had finally gotten the championship after six years.

That victorious scene was something they would never forget. All of a sudden Rosie felt an urge to cry when she thought of the scene that day. Ever since Dongwook decided to quit learning Taekwondo, Sung Bok had never won a single tournament until last year.

If not because of Rin, there wouldn't be a chance for Sung Bok to make a come back. Hence she was extremely grateful to have Rin in Sung Bok. She also wanted to thank Byung Hyun to raising such an outstanding daughter. If not because of Rin, there wouldn't be any smile on their cold-looking senior Jaejoong's face.
Thinking of Jaejoong, Rosie couldn't help but to snigger. "I wish for senpai to be together with Jaejoong sunbae."

"Are you crazy? Why are you laughing to yourself?" A figure appeared before Rosie's eyes and then she saw Kris staring down at her like she was a mad woman.

"You are the crazy one." Rosie muttered and went back to clean the mat.

"Where is Rin? Is she sick?" Kris asked.

"Don't know. She doesn't look like she is sick."

"Araso." Kris nodded and was about to go back to his warm-up when the door got pushed open.

Kris and Rosie turned to look at the door at the same time.

A girl came into the training hall in her old Taekwondo robe.

"Senpai!" Rosie waved. "Don't worry! You are not late!"

Rin ran over to join Rosie by the side.

"Senpai, why are you so late?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter