035

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rin wiggled her out of her teammates' grasp and went over to Jaejoong's side only to hear Dongwook asking: "Are you sure you can do it?"

Jaejoong looked up and saw Tian Yu already making his way to the mat. "Yes.”

"You are sick. Why can't you just listen to others once?" Rin said.

"Rin is right. You are running a fever and it will deplete a lot of your energy. You are not suitable to take part in any competition. Just let Jonghyun go in your place…”

"I can do it." Jaejoong repeated and then he made his way to the mat.

Two young men were standing in the centre of the mat.

Ma Tian Yu was one of the most outstanding disciples from Chang Hai and ever since Joon-gi quitted, Tian Yu gotten the championship of the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament. Whereas Jaejoong has never participated in any international tournament before.

"What? Jaejoong sunbae is sick?" Rosie and the other girls were surprised when they heard the earlier conversation. Rosie could finally understand why did Rin leave the hall to get medicine and why did the couple quarrel.

Rosie turned to look at Rin and saw her worried look. Suddenly her mood dropped from heaven to hell because Jaejoong didn't have any chance to win Ma Tian Yu in the very first place.

Now that he was sick, the chance has become from slim to none. Moreover Xu Jiao had lost her match so pathetically; Ma Tian Yu might use this opportunity to take revenge.

"Ottoke? Senpai!" Rosie grabbed and shook Rin's arm. "You shouldn't hit that brat so hard! I'm afraid that he might take revenge on Jaejoong sunbae!"

Rin's heart tightened when she heard Rosie's reply.

"You didn't control the strength well right?" Dongwook asked while his eyes were fixated on Jaejoong's match.

"… yes." Rin lowered her head.

Although she wanted to defeat Xu Jiao and extinguish Xu Jiao's arrogant flame, she didn't have any intention to kick the younger girl off the mat. Whatever she had just done was no different from what Xu Jiao did to Xiu Mei.

But when she did her third kick that time, she has to use all her might to kick. This was why she didn't control the force well.

"Gathering all the strength at the leg isn't an easy job so you don't have to feel guilty about it." Dongwook consoled the girl and put a towel around her neck.

"Wipe your sweats before you catch a cold."

"Senpai, mianhae!" Rosie apologised. "I didn't mean to reprimand you... I am just worried about Jaejoong sunbae..."

"It's okay. I understand." Rin smiled.

"Worried for what?" Kris shot Rosie a glare. "Jaejoong hyung isn't that weak! No one would know the outcome so don't pour cold water over ownself!"

"Oh." Rosie pouted and she was about to say something when the situation at the competition mat caught her attention.

"Paaa!"

The two young men were at first testing one another when Jaejoong suddenly took the initiative to attack first. Tian Yu seemed to predict his move, and he turned around to throw a back kick at Jaejoong. But right after Tian Yu kicked his leg out, Jaejoong let out a yell and leapt up into the air to do his axe kick.

Rin held her breath and clenched her fist tightly.

Just when Jaejoong's leg was about to land on Tian Yu's head, the latter's leg had already landed on Jaejoong's shoulder.

"Bam! Bam!" Jaejoong stumbled two steps back with a pale face.

Rin straightened her back and looked at her boyfriend with a worried expression.

"Why?" Rosie gasped. "Why is it like that? Jaejoong sunbae hit Ma Tian Yu first! He should get a point! Why..."

"Ma Tian Yu is faster." Baekhyun said as he made record on his notebook.

"Although Jaejoong hyung had predicted his move, he is still slower than Ma Tian Yu."

Ma Tian Yu was right after Joon-gi so no matter if it were strength or reaction speed, he would still be better than Jaejoong.

"No." Rin interrupted. "He is running a fever. This isn't his real speed."

In her eyes, Jaejoong's speed wasn't anywhere slower than Ma Tian Yu. He had gotten the right timing to execute his move but she saw a slight movement from Jaejoong, as if he was getting weaker.

If only he didn't fall sick.

0 : 1

Ma Tian Yu scored one point.

Chang Hai side was cheering loudly: their mood was immediately lifted up after Ma Tian Yu scored the first point.

At the same time, Rin felt guilty for scolding Jaejoong because she knew the reason why was he so insistent in participating in the match today.

**Flashback**

Ever since Joon-gi announced quitting Taekwondo, Jaejoong has also stopped doing Taekwondo for a year. He also rejected the offer to go to Jiwon's training base and he would only do the routine training with Sung Bok disciples.

"You... really want to win Joon-gi sunbae so much?"

Rin finally plucked up her courage to ask Jaejoong one of the nights two years ago.

"Is it because you see him as the strongest opponent? And you are upset that you didn't get a chance to fight with him anymore?" Rin asked again when Jaejoong didn't answer her.

The moonlight was shining onto his face, making him look even more handsome than usual.

"Why did you learn Taekwondo?" Rin asked again. "Is it because you only want to defeat Joon-gi sunbae?"

Jaejoong turned around to stare at her angrily.

"Then why do you want to give up Taekwondo because of him?"

Jaejoong lowered his head and stared at their long shadows on the grass. "I'm useless." His voice was cold like the moonlight.

"When I was a kid, I used to climb the wall to peep at their training. That time, Sung Bok was the top Dojang in Seoul. There were a lot of disciples and it's extremely lively. As long as Dongwook hyung participated in any competition, championship would always go to Sung Bok Dojang." He said slowly. "But when Dongwook hyung quitted Taekwondo, Sung Bok went downhill in my hands. Seonsaeng-nim is very disappointed and he had also cut down his training with the disciples. In the end, the number of disciples had also decreased gradually."

Rin listened quietly by his side.

"Joon-gi hyung is like a genius from heaven. He took all the championships that Dongwook hyung had taken in the past and people had also begun to forget Dongwook hyung. They could only remember the bright and smiley Joon-gi hyung."

There was another moment of silence before Jaejoong spoke again.

"As long I could defeat Joon-gi hyung, I would be able to restore Sung Bok's reputation. This is such a simple thing but I could never do it."

"…" Rin didn't know what to say to the older boy.

"I have been training so hard and thought I had improved a lot but it was only until that match then I realised I wasn't even any closer to him." Jaejoong sighed.

"Taekwondo is only for geniuses like you and Joon-gi hyung. No matter how hard a commoner train, he or she is just a sparring partner for the genius."

"Who say I am a genius?" Rin snorted. "I always believed that ability is just something I gained from my appa's trainings. I am not as good as you think. I am also a commoner."

That night she sat at the training hall with Jaejoong for the whole night. When she woke up, she found herself sleeping on the mat with a big towel over her.

It was also after that night; Jaejoong had begun his training once again. He also accepted Jiwon's offer and led Sung Bok to victory in the inter-school Taekwondo tournament. But that was because Joon-gi didn't participate in that year's tournament and this had also become a regret that couldn't be made up in Jaejoong's heart.

**End of Flashback**

Chang Hai had sent Ma Tian Yu out to fight today's match and he was another talented fighter after Joon-gi. Although the two had never fought face-to-face with one another, they still became a hot topic for all the Taekwondo lovers.

This was why Jaejoong didn't want to miss this chance to fight with Tian Yu even when he was sick.

Rin looked at the two nervously.

Tian Yu and Jaejoong had begun another round of standstill when they weren't in a hurry to attack one another. She hoped that Jaejoong would win because he needed this victory so badly. For the past one year, Jaejoong had spent so much time on her to the extent that he didn't even train himself much.

If he were to defeat Tian Yu, he would pick himself up again.

"Haaaa!" A loud shout snapped Rin out of her reverie and she saw Tian Yu leaping up to do a horizontal kick at Jaejoong.

"He must have seen through it!" Rin's heart tightened at that instance.

Tian Yu must have known that Jaejoong was sick so he was taking the initiatives to attack. From yesterday match with the Vietnam team, Tian Tu was known as a reserved fighter who specialised in defense fighting. When facing weak opponents like the Vietnam team, he was extremely steady and attacked at the right time.

"Paaa!" The two' actions were so fast that Rin couldn't see when did Jaejoong execute his move and his right leg was already on Tian Yu's chest.

“1 : 1”

The referee announced.

"Wahhh!" The other campers were equally stunned because they didn't see Jaejoong's attack at all.

"How did Jaejoong sunbae do that?" Baekhyun muttered.

"That's fast!" Jonghyun gasped. "It's like the shadowless kick from one of the Chinese movies. Luckily it's Jaejoong sunbae..."

Rin he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter