050

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaejoong sunbae is back!” Rosie squealed and pointed excitedly at the screen.

“With Jaejoong sunbae around, senpai is going to win!”

Although Rin was four points behind Kato Sakura, Boram started to feel hopeful again. “Yes! Rin can do it!”

Kris felt relieved at the same time when he saw Jaejoong standing at the side of the competition mat.

At the hospital’s staff resting room, Dongwook was also watching the tournament with his laptop. But when he saw Jaejoong’s pale face, he couldn’t help to worry about him.

When Rin made her way back to the mat, her mind didn’t stop processing whatever Jaejoong had just told her. “Go back to basic! Go back to the Lee Rin that has yet to master her triple kick!”

She took a deep breath and began to observe Kato Sakura. Every minor movement of a person’s eyes, expression or body part would mean something. Byung-hyun’s voice started ringing in her mind.

“Haaa!” Rin launched a vertical kick and kicked her leg towards Kato’s stomach.

The latter backed away quickly but Rin didn’t continue to attack. She continued to adjust her pace. “Yes, she knew this was a fake movement so she chose to defend.” Rin thought.

“Haaa!” Rin swept her right leg across Kato Sakura’s chest but the latter took a step back to dodge that. But Rin’s attack didn’t end it that way; she gathered all her strength and spun around to do a roundhouse kick, aiming for Kato Sakura’s head.

Kato Sakura’s reaction was extremely fast as well.

Just when Rin was still spinning around, Kato Sakura had already moved to the left side and kicked her leg at Rin’s left rib.

“Whoosh!” Her leg brushed past Rin’s back.

“Wahhh!” The Japanese crowd let out a gasp.

If Kato Sakura’s reaction were considered fast, Rin would be faster.

“What is she doing?” Xu Jiao muttered. If Rin were attacking, her strength and momentum was so different. But she didn’t look like she was going to give up in any way.

“She is testing out.” Tian Yu replied.

“Testing out?” Xu Jiao stared unbelievably at her senior. “She is already so far behind and she still has the mood to do a test?”

“Senpai is different now!” Rosie squealed excitedly. She couldn’t find the correct word to describe the current Rin but she knew that the current Rin was like a surgeon doing a major operation at the moment.

The entire stadium wasn’t as noisy as before because the audiences could see the change in Rin.

Time was ticking away slowly.

2 minutes and 15 seconds left.

“There’s not much time left. I shall give it a go!” Rin mentally told herself.

“Haaa!” Rin’s voice was heard again.

Kato Sakura’s face darkened and charged towards Rin as well.

But she could see that the strength of Rin’s kick didn’t match her loud and powerful voice, the movement looked so light like it was just a trap luring her to attack. This made her hesitate for a while before she counterattack.

But this counterattack came in half a second slower.

Rin’s right leg kicked into the air, causing her to leap even higher. She threw her leg out for an axe kick.

Loud gasps of astonishment could be heard from the audiences seats.

Kato Sakura got flustered because she knew axe kick was one of Rin’s lethal moves. She had practised for many times and so she planned to dodge backwards and launch a horizontal kick to score.

“Yaaa!” Kato Sakura shouted and wanted to move out of the attacking range but the force of Rin’s axe kick was so strong that it was binding her on floor. She couldn’t dodge or even raise her arms up to block.

“BAM!” Rin’s leg hit her on the shoulder because Kato Sakura managed to dodge at the very last second.

“Yes!” The Japanese audiences cheered because Rin didn’t manage to score a point.

But just when they thought the attack had ended, Rin had already thrown her left leg out and swung it towards Kato Sakura.

“BAM!” Kato Sakura got hit on the chest.

“Thud! Thud!” She stumbled two steps back before falling down to the mat.

“Wahhhhh!”

Boram and Rosie cheered happily at the training base when Rin scored her first point even though she didn’t hit her on the head.

4 : 1.

The atmosphere in the stadium went frozen in split second. Kato Sakura’s mother looked worriedly at her daughter while the father patted her shoulder to comfort her.

“Daebak! Lee Rin is back!” Reporter Yoo cheered.

“At least it’s not a zero!” Reporter Bang said while typing on his laptop. “At least we won’t lose so lousily!”

“Please! We might win! Look at Lee Rin! She is a different person now!” Reporter Yoo argued back.

“It’s hard! There’s only one minute plus left and if Kato Sakura were to focus in her defense, there wouldn’t be any winning chance for her.”

“Unless she KO her!” Xu Jiao said.

But she still felt that it’s impossible for Rin to score more points because Kato Sakura’s defense seemed pretty strong. Although she didn’t want to admit, Kato Sakura was indeed a strong opponent.

After losing that one point, Kato Sakura had become more cautious. After she got back up to her feet, the referee announced the start of the match.

While she was adjusting her momentum, Rin was also observing her opponent as well. Her experiment showed that Kato Sakura did not have any a prominent strength or weakness in her skill. But Rin was different. Her strength and speed were her strengths.

Back at the training base, Baekhyun was analysing the match to Rosie and Boram. “Kato Sakura has been formulating a lot of strategies against Rin’s skills and techniques because she is afraid of her strength and speed. If Rin were to give up on using her strengths to avoid Kato Sakura and use something that she isn’t familiar with, it would be a bingo to Kato Sakura.”

“But there isn’t much time left.” Taeyeon said.

“It’s impossible for Rin to master a new set of attack strategy and Rin is very smart. Instead of not using her usual attacks, she continue to use it to its fullest to scare her opponent.”

“Our senpai is extremely smart! Palli! Defeat Kato Sakura!” Rosie punched her fist into the air.

“It’s not that easy! Kato Sakura would definitely strengthen her defense against Rin.” Taeyeon replied.

“Yes. See! Kato Sakura had already pulled a distance away from Rin now!” Baekhyun pointed out.

---

Sitting at the coach area, Jaejoong was looking extremely solemn. He heard Kato Sakura’s coach shouting loudly in Japanese. “Defense! Defense! Pull your distance away from her! Don’t give her any chance to attack!”

Kato Sakura still looked a little pale and everytime Rin tried to shorten their distance, she was pulled away from her immediately.

1 minute 2 seconds left.

“What the hell! She is trying to drag the time!” Rosie scolded.

“This is how a competition works!” Boram sighed. “Kato Sakura won’t be bothered if she is disgracing herself or not.”

On the screen, the referee blew his whistle and warned Kato Sakura for passive defense.

They could hear the astonished gasps from the Japanese audience.

“Haha! Disgracing her own people at their home ground!” Rosie laughed.

“Oh no! 52 seconds left!” Boram shrieked: “Even if Rin were to be awarded for another point, Kato Sakura was still in the lead.”

“Stupid Sakura!” Rosie threw her towel at the screen.

“Rin was at fault in the first place! If not because of her poor performance in the first two rounds, she wouldn’t be in such bad situation!” Baekhyun commented.

“Yah!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter