053

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Rin gotten her first international championship, Rosie was so happy like she was the one who had gotten the championship. Everyday when she flipped open any sports magazine or newspaper, Rin would be in the headline.
KO Queen!

Whirlwind Lee Rin!

These nicknames had brought Rin’s fame up to another level.

People could stop discussing about Rin and her fame seemed to have surpassed Eunjung by a little. One of the sports show had mentioned that many Korean reporters and those Koreans, who have been living in UK, were gathering together to show their supports at the London tournament.

---

Tokyo Narita Airport

When the glass doors opened automatically, Rin walked in with one big and small luggage behind her. Jaejoong tried to take one luggage from her but she rejected his offer. “Please! If you take the luggage away from me one more time, I will fly back to Korea.”

After settling him at one of the seats in the departure hall, Rin headed off to do the check-in. When they were at the custom, Rin acted like she was Jaejoong’s bodyguard in order to eliminate all the possibilities of other passengers bumping into him.

“Here is your water.” Rin handed a glass of water to Jaejoong so that he could take his medication.

“Good. Now go to sleep.” Rin said, noticing his face was still a little pale. And then she passed her pillow and blanket to him.

“Rin, I’m not that weak.” Jaejoong sighed.

“The doctor said your body needs a lot of rest.” Rin nagged. “You only slept at 11pm last night and woke up at 6am this morning. 7 hours of sleep is not enough. You should sleep for at least five more hours.”

Jaejoong was speechless. “Didn’t expect you to be so naggy.”

“Why? Regretting now?” Rin chuckled. “Actually you should go back to Korea, I could go to the rest of the tournament myself…”

“Araso.” Jaejoong cut her off and closed his eyes to sleep. “Wake me up when five hours are up.”

“Okay.” Rin smiled and after making sure that he was asleep, she then took out the file filled with informations of the London Tournament.

---

Two days later, the news travelled back to Korea very quickly.

Rin was the champion in the London Tournament.

This time round more medias had gone to London to watch the tournament live and the stadium was filled with a lot of Koreans. During the final, Rin used her famous triple kicks to KO Carolyn Winsor and the picture was published in all the sports newspapers.

All the Sung Bok disciples were gathered in front of the television with Rosie to watch the match live. They saw the scene where the referee announced Rin’s victory, and Rin rushed over to Jaejoong to hug him. They saw the scene where their country flag rose and their national anthem being played.

KO Queen!

The Taekwondo Master of the new generation!

Rosie cut all the news articles on Rin and made a scrapbook for her so that she could show it to her when she came back.

At first Rosie was exceptionally hyped up over Rin’s consecutive victories but something shocking happened and it caused her to forget about the earlier happiness.

One day after training, Jiwon announced to the group that she would be recommending both Eunjung and Rin to participate in the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament.

Eunjung was extremely angry about it and she quitted the training base the next day, joining the national team. At first Rosie thought it was fake news, she didn’t really take it to heart when Eunjung has been absent for several days. It was until she saw her on TV, standing next to the national coach, Hwang Jin, then she realised Eunjung had betrayed Jiwon.

Rosie was furious and worried at the same time because she was afraid that the national team would have the priority to participate in IYTT, and this would eliminate Rin’s chance in participating in this tournament.

But when she saw the official announcement from the National Sports Council, the burden in Rosie’s heart was lifted immediately. The Sports Council announced that in order to give all the Taekwondo athletes an equal chance to fight for IYTT qualification, there would be a selection round to choose the champion to participate in the upcoming IYTT.

“Wahahahaha!” Rosie laughed happily and took her phone out to tell Rin about this piece of good news.

---

Chicago, U.S.

Rin and Jaejoong were staying in a small hotel opened by a Korean family. Afternoon, she sought permission from the main chef to borrow the kitchen to cook some soup for a Jaejoong.

Since they have been travelling, they haven’t been able to eat any Korean food so after her morning training, she headed out to a Korean supermarket to buy some ingredients back.

While waiting for the soup to be ready, Rin grabbed her textbook and started reading at the counter.

Rin wasn’t too excited over the news that Rosie told her. If not because of Jaejoong, she wouldn’t have agreed to fight for her chance.

Standing at the kitchen door, Jaejoong was looking at his girlfriend who was busy studying. She was so focused that she didn’t even sense his presence in the kitchen.

Ever since their Tokyo trip, she has been the one doing all the chores - confirming on the hotel, arranging for meals, liaising with the tournament committee, training on her own, cleaning their room and taking care of him.

He disliked this kind of feeling.

He hoped he could do all of these for her so that she could focus on her tournament and revisions. This was the minimal that he could do for her but on the end, she became the one that was taking care of him.

“Oppa?” Rin was surprised to see Jaejoong when she looked up from her book.

“Shouldn’t you be sleeping? Why are you up so early?”

“I have been sleeping for the past 12 hours.” Jaejoong said. “Have you gone through the name list of your matches tomorrow?”

“Yup!”

“What are your thoughts?”

“Europeans and Americans stand half of the number.” Rin said and stood up to let him take her seat but Jaejoong pulled her down to sit on his lap. Rin’s face turned red when he wrapped his arm around her waist.

“Continue.” He said when he noticed she had stopped talking.

“Europeans and Americans are in the strength category and their techniques are not that polished so I have decided to use defense-attack strategy against them…”

---

The next afternoon, one quarter of the Chicago stadium was filled the overseas Koreans. They were all holding big flags with the words ‘Lee Rin Sure Win!” printed on them.

“Lee Rin! Fighting!”

“Lee Rin! Fighting!”

They had totally turned the table around, making the tournament looked like it was taking place in their home ground. Rin advances to the final very smoothly and her final opponent was Kenna. She was in the forth position of International Youth Taekwondo Tournament last year. Kenna was a tall girl and she was the attacking type of opponent. But Rin had already found out about her fighting pattern.

“Haaa!” Just when Kenna had almost depleted all her energy, Rin let out a yell and leapt up into the air.

“Whoosh!” She threw her first kick out.

“Hana!” The audiences shouted.

Her first kick hit Kenna’a left chest.

“Haaa!” Another yell was heard and Rin had already kicked her left leg out.

“Du!” All the Korean audiences stood up from their seats and watched her second kick hit the Amercian’s right chest.

“Set!” Along with their cheer, Rin gathered all her energy to her right leg.

“Haaa!”

Rin’s third kick landed heavily on Kenna’s head.

At that very moment, Rin felt even more energetic than before. She thought it could be due to Jaejoong’s reminder to her to tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter