056

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Jaejoong agreed to her participating in the tournament, Rin’s mood has become lighter and she has also started her restorative training with her mother. Since she was left with less than three weeks to the tournament, everyone was wondering if she could go back to her top form by that time.

Everyday Rosie would be responsible in sending Rin to the training base.

She realised Rin had kept to her promise with Jaejoong and that was not to use her right leg during her training, and focused on training her left leg. Jiwon has also come up with a defense-attack strategy for Rin’s condition so that she could find the right opportunity to counterattack back.

Every evening after training, Rosie would then send Rin to the hospital to visit Jaejoong.

Whenever Jaejoong saw Rin, he would roll her pant up to check on her right knee injury and then he would help to massage her leg.

While Jaejoong was massaging Rin’s leg and Rin was updating him about her training, Rosie and Kris would leave the ward for the couple.

“I heard there are many Taekwondo athletes taking part in this tournament.” Rin started updating Jaejoong about what Jiwon had told her. “Hence the preliminary rounds would be held in one day while the second day would be the semi-final and final.”

Jaejoong nodded and exerted some pressures on her right knee. “Do you feel painful?”

“A little swollen but not painful.” Rin answered and cupped her hands on his face.

“How was your sleep last night?”

“Hmmm…”

“Huh?” Rin blinked.

“Don’t worry.” Jaejoong said, as if sensing her worries. “Dongwook hyung has already contacted the best specialist from US and once the doctor arrives in Seoul, he will perform the surgery for me. You don’t have to worry about the 60% risk. The hospital is used to give the most pessimistic result to the family.” Jaejoong said, pulling her closer for a kiss. “Go back to take a bath and rest. You stink!” Jaejoong said after backing away from the kiss.

“Huh?” Rin’s face turned red at his comment.

Seeing the embarrassed look on Rin’s face, Jaejoong couldn’t stop chuckling.

“Yah! Stupid Kim Jaejoong!” Rin smacked his leg lightly.

---

At night after doing their homework and bath, the two girls were lying on the bed, unable to fall asleep.

Rin was staring at the ceiling in the dark.

The selection round would be starting in less than ten days time. There were a lot of reporters coming to the training base to film her training recently but her mother had rejected their request, telling them that Rin was training on a special move so she was unable to accede to their request. When the reporters asked about her injury, Jiwon answered that it wouldn’t affect her performance in the upcoming selection round.

But she knew it very well herself.

Although she had started her restorative training, her right leg was still unable to kick without the tearing pain. She wanted to get the championship but it seemed impossible especially when she was still injured.

And if the competition date were to clash with Jaejoong’s surgery date, she wouldn’t be able to be at the hospital.

What if something were to happen during the surgery?

Rin closed her eyes to stop herself from thinking negatively. She didn’t regret taking part in the match and no matter how tough the match would be, she must get the championship. But she was fearful about Jaejoong’s surgery. If something were to happen to Jaejoong during his surgery…

“Senpai…”

“Hmmm?” Rin hummed a reply back.

“Why did you choose to be with Jaejoong sunbae in the first place? Why didn’t you wait for Dongwook sunbae to be back?”

“It took me two years to realise that my feeling towards Dongwook sunbae was only the feeling of a sibling. But for Jaejoong sunbae, I would feel jealous when the girls were flirting with him.”

Rosie let out a chuckle. “Aigoo! Senpai, I thought you are a girl who didn’t know how to feel jealous because you always looked so indifferent.”

“I’m still a human too.”

“But what if…”

“Rosie, don’t start! I know what you are going to ask. I don’t want to think about it. He will be fine.”

“Of course, senpai!”

“Time to sleep.” Rin said and then she turned around with her back facing Rosie.

She looked out at the window with tear streaming down her face.

---

The next day Rosie didn’t dare to talk to Rin about Jaejoong’s matter, she shifted all her attention on her cheerleading training. While the others were practising on their cheers, Sujung and Minhee were out to queue for the tickets.

Two hours later, they came back with food news. They managed to get 100 tickets that were located at the front row.

“Lee Rin! Fighting! Lee Rin! Sure win!”

“Lee Rin! Fighting! Lee Rin! Sure win!”

Every evening the group would be practising at the courtyard under Rosie’s lead.

Jaejoong’s surgery date was also confirmed; it was just like what Rin has been worrying about. It fell on the day of the final selection round. Three days before the start of the tournament, Dongwook came to look at her at the hospital canteen.

“I’ll go to the tournament with you as the team doctor and assistant coach.”

“What about Jaejoong oppa? You should be staying here to accompany him!”

“It’s Jaejoong’s decision.” Dongwook smiled. “You should know how stubborn your boyfriend is right? I told him the same thing too. His surgery is more dangerous than your tournament but he insisted me to go with you. You should go talk to him.”

Rin let out a sigh. “He is always putting about others before him.”

“Because you are his most precious thing.”

After leaving the canteen, Rin headed back to the ward to persuade Jaejoong to let Dongwook stay by his side but the latter said that Mrs Lee and Kris would stay to accompany and even if Dongwook were there, he would be sitting outside of the operation theatre. Instead of sitting down there doing nothing, he should head down to the tournament to check on her injury.

“Rin, don’t worry! Jaejoong hyung is in good care!” Kris yawned.

“How am I going to trust you when you are always in your sloth mode?”

Kris straightened his back and opened his eyes while Rosie and Jaejoong were chuckling.

“See! Told you to stop being lazy!” Rosie snorted. “Senpai, don’t worry! I am sure Jaejoong sunbae will be fine!”

“What else can I say when you have already planned everything?” Rin sighed.

---

One hour before heading down to the tournament venue, Rin came to the hospital to see Jaejoong.

“Take this with you.” Jaejoong took the plastic bag off from the drawer next to his bed.

Rin took the bag and saw six big and round promegranates.

“Oh!” Rin’s eyes sparkled when she saw the fruits.

“Eat this when you are on your way to the venue.” Jaejoong held her hand and looked into her eyes. “Tell me what is the most important thing to take note during the tournament.”

“A calm and cool mind.”

Jaejoong knuckled her head lightly. “It’s your leg. Rin, I want you to promise me that no matter you can get the championship or not, you have to come back perfectly!”

“What? If I become imperfect in any way, are you going to dump me?”

“Tsk!” Jaejoong frowned.

“Hahaha! I was just kidding! I will! Don’t worry!”

“Your opponents would probably know about your injury so you have to be extra careful.”

“Araso! I won’t give them a chance to get near to my right leg!”

“Listen to Coach Choi And Dongwook hyung. Don’t act tough.”

“I know. Stop being so naggy! Appa isn’t even this naggy!”

Jaejoong stared back at her with a frown.

Rin smiled and bent down to kiss him on the forehead to soothe the frown.

“Don’t frown so much! You will get wrinkles!”

Jaejoong chuckled at her comment.

Rin looked at his pale face and stretched both hands out to cup his face. “Please promise me that you will brace through the surgery.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Let’s get married after everything.” Rin said suddenly, causing Jaejoong to look at his girlfriend in shock. “Everything means your surgery being successful and me getting the championship.”

“Are you sure you want to be bounded with me for the rest of your life?”

“Yes. I want to punish you for not telling me about your illness so I want to torture you for the rest of the life!”

Jaejoong pulled her closer for a hug. “Wait for me! I will propose to you after my surgery. I promise!”

Rin nodded.

---

The National Taekwondo Tournament selection round for International Youth Taekwondo Tournament was held in the Jeonju Stadium. Before Jiwon and her team arrived, the reporters from the other countries were already stationed outside of the stadium, waiting for them.

When Jiwon led the team into the warm-up area, the horde of reporters rushed forwards to interview her and Rin.

“Coach Choi, how do you feel when Eunjung announced her departure?”

“Coach Choi, both Eunjung and Rin are your disciples, who do you think will win?”

“Coach Choi, how will Rin’s injury affect her performance?”

“Coach Choi…”

“Coach Choi…”

Facing all the questions, Jiwon was still as calm and graceful as before. She scanned past the reporters with a smile before she replied. “Rin’s injury was already fully recovered. The championship belongs to her and as for her opponents; I only have four words for them. Just wait and see!”

Just wait and see!

Jiwon’s reply hit the headline for that day and every newspaper had published it as their headlines. As such, Rin’s name has become the hot favourite in the tournament.

Sitting in the suite of a five-stars hotel, Eunjung was watching the news and observing Rin at the same time. She couldn’t see anything odd out of Rin because she was walking so normally.

“Just wait and see…” Eunjung sneered and clutched the remote control tightly in her hand. She wanted to see who wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter