049

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stadium was filled loud cheering voices. The first match of the male category had just ended with the Iranian athlete beating his Jordan opponent with a score of 3 : 2.

Next up would be Rin and Kato Sakura’s match.

“Kato Sakura! Kato Sakura!”

Kato Sakura was a national celebrity in Japan so almost every Japanese family would know her.

The entire stadium sounded like they were all here to support Kato Sakura, and when the camera was shooting at a pair of middle-aged Japanese couple. The audiences shouted even louder than before.

They were none the other than Kato Sakura’s parents. They were here to support their daughter.

“Kato Sakura! Kato Sakura!”

Even the few Korean reporters began to worry for Rin.

“Kato Sakura is soooo influential!” Reporter Bang commented as he typed. “Even her parents came to support her!”

“Of course! This is their home ground match! They must show full support.” Reporter Yoo added and frowned when she saw the blank look on Rin’s face. “Is Lee Rin nervous? Why didn’t she see the referee entering the mat?”

“This is her first overseas match! Give her some credits!” Reporter Bang replied.

“It’s natural for her to be nervous.”

Standing in the centre of the mat with all the lights shining above them, the two girls gave one another a bow with Rin in red protection gear and Kato Sakura in blue protection gear.

“Kato Sakura! Kato Sakura!”

---

South Korea, Training Base

“Palli! Palli!”

Rosie and gang were gathering in front of the projector screen, waiting for the laptop to load the streaming video.

20% …

40% …

70% …

90% …

When they saw Rin appearing on the screen, the group started squealing in excitement. “Yahoo! Senpai! Senpai is wearing red gear! Sure win!” Rosie cheered.

“What logic is that?” Kris rolled his eyes.

“Everytime senpai wore a red protection gear, she would win all her matches! Red is her lucky colour!”

“Then I am curious what would happen if Rin were to wear a blue gear.” And then a frown appeared on Kris’ face. Why didn’t he see Jaejoong at the stadium?

“What is the score now?” Rosie asked excitedly.

“2 : 0.” Boram replied glumly.

“Hahahaha! See! Senpai is indeed senpai!” Rosie laughed.

“You are wrong! 2 is for Kato Sakura not Rin.” Taeyeon corrected.

“How is it possible? Did you see wrongly?” Rosie shrieked and then she turned to see the comments below the video. It was true that Rin was two points behind Kato Sakura.

Rosie slumped onto Kris dejectedly. “How can it be?”

“Rin isn’t in her usual self.” Kris commented.

“What do you mean?” Rosie asked.

“Rin’s mind is obviously not on the match.” Kris answered.

Rosie stared worriedly at the screen. “Senpai, what’s going on with you?”

As if hearing Rosie’s question, Rin let out a yell and leapt up into the air, throwing a horizontal kick at Kato’s chest.

“Yes…” Rosie cheered with clenched fists.

Kato Sakura dodged Rin’s kick and when Rin was about to descend back to the mat, Kato Sakura threw her left leg out to counterattack.

“Ahhhh!”

Boram in and held her breath, only to let out her breath when Rin dodged the first kick. But thing didn’t happen just like what she expected.

“Paaa!” Kato Sakura threw her right leg out as she withdrew her left leg and it landed heavily on Rin’s head.

The screen seemed to have gotten into slow motion. Rin tried to dodge backwards but the impact of the kick was so strong that it sent her flying to the right side of the mat.

“Thud!” A loud thud was heard.

The training base and the stadium went dead silent at the same time.

One.

Two.

“Wah!” The Japanese audiences gasped loudly before they started cheering.

“Kato Sakura! Kato Sakura!”

She had finally taken revenge over her earlier loss at Taekwondo Babe show.

4 : 0

The training base continued to be in dead silence.

Rosie’s hand was clasping on tightly because she was worried about Rin.

“Where is senpai?”

“How is she?”

“Why is the stupid camera only taking Kato Sakura’s parents and not senpai?”

When the judge counted till six, Rin finally got back up to her feet. Reporter Yoo heaved a sigh of relief.

“Some athletes are like this. They can only fight for certain levels of tournaments. One may be good within their own country but when it comes to international level, they couldn’t even perform to the standard they usually had during training.” Reporter Bang commented. “Eunjung is still more stable! She is extremely calm when it comes to international tournament and she won’t perform so badly. Sighhh… I thought Rin could make us proud! It seems like we are going to get disappointed.”

A moment of dizziness hit Rin as she tried to get back up to her feet. She was trying her best to keep her footing steady and the buzzing sound at her ears were loud but she could still vaguely hear the referee’s voice, asking if she could continue her fight.

Her vision was still blur and she couldn’t even see where was Kato Sakura.

Back at the training base, Rosie and Boram were both in tear when they saw Rin dodging Kato Sakura’s attacks continuously.

She looked like she was afraid of Kato Sakura.

The moment Kato Sakura raised her leg, Rin would move away from her and the audiences started jeering loudly.

“What is wrong with Rin?” Boram muttered.

“Where is Jaejoong hyung?” Kris frowned and when he turned around, he saw Rosie’s crying face. “Yah! Why are you crying?” He knuckled Rosie’s head.

“I should have objected senpai from taking part in such tournament! It has ruined her…”

---

“Beep!” The referee blew his whistle, indicating the end of the first round.

4 : 0.

The Japanese were cheering happily for Kato Sakura when she returned to her resting area. Her coach and assistant quickly went over to her side to tell her the next strategy and massage for her.

At the other corner, Rin sat at her area alone.

Her robe was wet from her sweat and she was catching her breath. She tried to close her eyes to calm herself down, trying to divert her thought away from Jaejoong. But no matter how hard she tried, her mind would just go back to worrying about Jaejoong.

This was when she finally realised that it wasn’t the bracelet that was her lucky charm. It was actually Jaejoong. He was the one that made her feel at ease at all her matches and this was why she was able to win all her matches.

“Yah!” An angry voice shouted from behind but Rin didn’t turn back to see who was it.

“Yah! Lee Rin! I order you not to lose this match!”

Rin opened her eyes and turned to the voice to see Xu Jiao staring back at her angrily.

“You! Want to insult me? Is it?” Xu Jiao roared, ignoring Tian Yu’s whack on her head. “You! Can beat me! Mean you can beat her! If you can surprise Yifei Shijie, mean you are good! Don’t disgrace me! Or else! I will look down on you forever!”

“If you lose! Your boyfriend will ignore you forever!”

Rin lowered her head and stared down at her shoes.

“Water! For you!” Xu Jiao roared and threw a water bottle at Rin. The other audiences got a shock and just when the bottle was about to hit Rin’s head, she raised her hand and grabbed it tightly in her hand.

Seeing Rin sitting alone at her area, Xu Jiao began to sympathise her. “Where is her boyfriend? Why did he leave her to fight alone? How could he do this to her? Shixiong, if you were to do this to me, I would never forgive you!”

“Paaa!” Tian Yu’s fan hit Xu Jiao on the head again. “Don’t discuss about others! It will be your turn soon!”

If you were to lose, your boyfriend would never forgive you…

The referee announced the start of the second round. The moment the sound of whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter