047

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris and Rosie were out dating and looking for a restaurant to eat dinner when Rosie spotted someone familiar in an Italian restaurant. “Wait a minute! Isn’t that Coach Jiwon?”

Kris followed his girlfriend’s gaze and saw Jiwon sitting opposite a middle-aged man. And the way she looked at the man was so gentle and loving.

“Don’t be a nosey poke! It’s common for her to date someone since she is single now.” Kris commented.

“Please! Do you know who is that man? He is the father of Joon-gi sunbae!”

Kris’ eyes and mouth went wide at the reply. “Are you sure it’s him?”

“Yes, I saw him on TV before. He was also the one who came to the open ceremony of the training base.” Rosie huffed. “Don’t tell me…”

“Yah! Where are you going?” Kris pulled his girlfriend back before she stormed into the restaurant.

“I want to question Coach Jiwon! Is it because she is dating this man so she didn’t want to give senpai a chance to participate in IYTT? She is depriving senpai from all possible opportunities to prove her ability! This isn’t fair to senpai! Everyone should boycott her!”

“Calm down!” Kris clamped his hand on Rosie’s mouth. “Don’t create trouble!” He dragged his girlfriend away from the restaurant.

Rosie bit his hand and turned around to stare angrily at Kris. “Why are you stopping me? Are you standing on senpai side?”

“Fine! Go ahead! Go strain their mother-daughter relationship!” Kris released her and learnt against the wall.

Seeing the look Kris’ face, it made Rosie hesitate for a moment. “Will the consequence be very serious?”

“What do you think?” Kris shot her a glare. “If you were a coach and your students accused you of being unfair, how would you feel? Would you let Rin participate in IYTT immediately?”

“But no matter what senpai is her biological daughter, how can she be so unfair?”

“There is nothing fair in this world. Just calm down and think about what to do…”

---

The morning training was exceptionally shocking because Jiwon had announced the news about Rin going overseas for tournament.

Rosie stared unbelievably at Jiwon because she thought she was hallucinating. She wasn’t able to sleep the whole night because she was thinking if she should tell Rin about her mother was currently dating Joon-gi’s father.

“You already knew about it?” Rosie whispered at Rin’s ear.

Rin nodded.

“Wah!” Rosie gasped, turning to look at Kris. Luckily Kris pulled her back in time, if not she might have thrashed Rin’s only chance to participate in overseas tournament.

“Okay! All of you can leave now!” With that Jiwon left the training hall, leaving the group staring confusingly at one another. Eunjung’s face was exceptionally dark and cold.

“Eunjung-ah...” Boram called out to Eunjung but the latter just shot her a glare and walked away after that.

Eunjung followed after Jiwon and headed out of the training hall as well.

“Finally that person is gone!” Rosie heaved a sigh of relief and put her arm around Boram’s shoulders. “Oh please! Ever since you helped senpai out with the make-up during the first Taekwondo Babe episode, she had already seen you as one of us. Why would she still want to talk to you?”

“We are a team.” Taeyeon corrected. “Eunjung must be very upset so don’t stir her emotion anymore.”

“Araso.” Rosie pouted.

“Rin, you must grab hold of this opportunity.” Taeyeon turned to look at Rin.

“Yes, I will.”

And then the rest began to go up to Rin to congratulate her and also to advise her on what to look out for in such big tournament.

But Rosie still felt uneasy over the fact that Jiwon chose Eunjung for IYTT instead of her own daughter. She even has a feeling that Jiwon would start a training base was mainly because of Joon-gi’s father.

---

“I should be the one to participate in those overseas tournaments!” Eunjung hollered the moment the door was closed. “Why did you change to her?”

“You have been very impatient recently! It’s time for you to focus on your training.” Jiwon went to the water dispenser to get herself a cup of water. “Your attention have been on Rin all this while. Without her around, you should be able to focus well.”

“Since when am I not focused in my training? Lee Rin is nothing to me!”

“Eunjung, bear this in mind! She is my daughter. You should show some due respect to her as well! She hasn’t been doing anything wrong! If you said you have been extremely focused, then may I know why would you lose to Kato Sakura?” Jiwon took a sip of water from her cup. “If not because of Dongwook and Rin, do you think you will lose to Kato Sakura?”

“So you know that the real reason is not because I am weaker than Kato Sakura!” Eunjung replied. “It’s Rin’s trick to distract me!”

“If you are strong enough, you wouldn’t be distracted by such thing.” Jiwon said. “Do you know why you managed to be the most outstanding out among your peers?”

Eunjung looked back at Jiwon with a frown.

“There are people whose strength is much better than you; there are people who are much faster than you; there are people who are tougher than you. Based on your body constitution, you are not the best.” Jiwon began. “But it is your calmness and quick reaction that make you stand out. No matter how intensive the tournament is, you can still make the correct judgement. But ever since your first loss to Rin, you are getting downhill.”

Eunjung went silent at Jiwon’s analysis.

“Right now your focus is all on Rin and not training or competition. Eunjung, I hope you can cool down and think about the efforts that you had put in in Taekwondo for the past few years.”

“Yes, I will cut down my TV appearance and not do so much endorsement. I will increase my training time and focus more on IYTT.

But even if I am not going for the overseas tournaments, Rin cannot go as well. Let Taeyeon go instead!”

“Eunjung, I hope you have not forgotten that I am still the coach.

“Taeyeon is good and she is experienced.” Eunjung defended. “No matter what Taeyeon is still stronger than Rin.”

“Is this what you have?” Jiwon asked with a raised brow.

Eunjung was stumped for a second.

“Okay. You should go back now.” Jiwon told her and made her way back to her desk only to see Eunjung still standing there like a block of wood. “Is there something else?”

“It cannot be Rin.” Eunjung exhaled. “She is not up to that level to even fight with me.”

Jiwon shook her head. “My daughter has all the right to fight with you! Obviously she had won you twice!”

Eunjung went silent at Jiwon’s rebuke.

“Even though I wasn’t there during her growing up stage, I could still tell that her father had put in a lot of efforts to train her. She has all the requirements to fight with you! And I dare to say that she is much better than you. Even just by character alone, she would have surpassed you several thousands miles! I have never heard her badmouthing you in any way! What about you? You have been picking on her all this while! I may be quiet on this but that didn’t mean I could tolerate what you had done. You are afraid of losing to Rin! The more she wins you, the more attention she would get! Am I right?” Jiwon asked.

There was a moment of dead silence in the office and Eunjung’s face was pale.

“I understand now. You are trying to warn me! You are using her to trigger me to train hard right?”

Jiwon just drank her water expressionlessly.

“No matter how well she fare in those tournaments, you would never consider her for IYTT right?”

“It’s a test for Rin. Japan is sending their best athlete for the Japan round. I do hope Rin could win. If she were able to pass this test, I might just consider sending her to IYTT.”

“Aren’t you afraid that I will object your relationship with my father?” Eunjung shot back.

“I have already broken up with your father.”

Eunjung’s eyes went wide at Jiwon’s reply.

“Let me give you a piece of advice. You should really reflect on yourself.”

With that Eunjung walked out of Jiwon’s office like a zombie.

---

The moon was hanging high up in the night sky.

“It’s such a waste to stop participating in Taekwondo Babe...” Rosie sighed while watching Rin packed for her Tokyo trip.

“You are very famous now but once you are gone, people will start to forget you.”
Rin put her clean robe into her luggage.

Few days ago, the producer called her in hope to persuade her to stay in the show and he even promised to increase the rewards and appearance fee for her. But no matter how enticing the offer was, Rin insisted in leaving the show. It was only until two days ago then the show team decided to accept the fact and announced the person that replaced Rin.

“It’s such a pity.” Rosie sighed. “Oh ya! How much have you gotten from that show?”

“Don’t know. It’s with Jaejoong sunbae.”

“Oh. Let me calculate for you.” Rosie started counting until she let out an excited gasp. “Omo! There is around 10 million won!”

“What? Are you sure?” Rin looked up in shock.

“Yes! But that is before deduction of tax.”

“Good! Then it should be enough to cover our expenses.”

“Bring some cosmetic too! You are the famous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter