024

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The usually peaceful training was now occupied by twenty over reporters. They were talking in their respective groups like something big was going to happen.

When they saw Rin and Rosie walking in, they just gave them a look and continued with their respective conversation.

"What is this? You defeated Eunjung sunbae once! They should at least show some respects to you." Rosie muttered.

"Ignore them." Rin said and then she made her way to the changing room.

Once she had changed into her Taekwondo robe, she went out to join the others at the training hall to begin her warm-up while the others were busy discussing about the reporters.

"These reporters must be here to interview Eunjung." Taeyeon commented.

"But Eunjung sunbae has yet to come." Boram added. "It is not her style to be late for training too."

"It's obvious that they are here to watch her and Rin fight." Kris yawned.

"Oh ya!" The others nodded their heads.

"Eunjung sunbae is here!" Someone exclaimed. The others turned to see the girl walking into the training hall in a lilac off-shoulder dress.

"I'm sorry to disturb everyone's training again!" Eunjung apologised, handing a box of cherries out at Boram to distribute to the other members to eat. "The reporter-nims are here to shoot our training so Coach Choi had gotten them to come to shoot our training today."

"To shoot your fight with Rin?" Kris asked.

"Yup."

Everyone turned to look at Rin but the latter continued to do her warm-up like she didn't hear anything at all.

"Eunjung-ah, Rin will get nervous with so many cameras shooting at her." Taeyeon commented.

"I told Coach Choi before but she said there would be cameras filming the official tournaments so it's time for Rin to familiarise their presence too." With that she made her way to the changing room.

Rosie ran over to Rin's side the moment Eunjung went out of sight. "She is so evil! How dare she bring so many reporters in to distract you? She is used to seeing so many cameras! It's so unfair! And the competitions that you participated didn't have so many audiences so their presence would affect you too! She did it on purpose! I bet she didn't even inform Coach Choi!"

"If I can't even handle the cameras, I don't think I am qualified to even participate in the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament." Rin said calmly.

"But it's still very unfair for you! How are you going to get used to so many cameras within such a short period of time?"

Rin let out a sigh. "Just eat your cherries." Rin told her friend and then she took the cloth from Rosie to start wiping the mats.

Shortly after that Dongwook came to the training base.

Joon-gi had also come to the training base. He came together with Jiwon. Just before, the team started with their usual training before Jiwon announced that the match would start in five minutes time. The reporters requested for a group photo and so the team members got into their formation with Dongwook and Joon-gi standing at the right end.

After the photo-taking session, Eunjung made her way towards Dongwook and Joon-gi's direction and whispered something at the two. Dongwook nodded his head with a smile while Joon-gi patted her on the shoulder.

Rin looked towards Jaejoong and the latter turned to give her a hug. "Fighting."

"Yes." Rin nodded.

"Senpai, fighting!" Rosie cheered.

Kris did a fighting sign at Rin and Jiwon walked up to her with a motherly smile on her face. "My dear daughter, go prove yourself to the reporters." Jiwon whispered at her ear.

"Thanks umma!" Rin whispered back and then she walked towards the mat.
It has been two years. Ever since the last inter-school tournament, Rin has never had any chance to fight with Eunjung after that.

Rin made her way to the centre of the mat.

Eunjung straightened herself up and waved at Dongwook and Joon-gi before joining Rin at the mat.

As the two got closer, the smile on Eunjung's face became darker because she knew what she was worrying about. Rin has all the calibre to challenge her and there might be a chance of Rin winning her in the end.

"There will be three rounds and each round will be three minutes." Jiwon explained before she announced the start of the match. "Start!"

"Yaaa!"

"Haaa!"

The sunlight cut through the sky roof and shine onto the two girls. Eunjung was wearing her brand new Taekwondo robe while Rin was still wearing her old, short and slightly yellowish robe. The reporters were sniggering at Rin's robe but there was something different about Rin and that would be her eyes.

That pair of eyes were exceptionally bright and calm.

"Yaaaa!"

After a short standstill, Eunjung took the initiative to attack Rin first. She leapt into the air and kicked her right leg towards Rin. For two years, Rin has become a shadow chasing after Eunjung. Now that she has challenged her to a match and even doubted her qualification to participate in the International Youth Taekwondo Tournament, she felt that it was time to wake Rin up.

"It's here!" A voice spoke inside Rin's mind.

Just when Eunjung's leg was about to reach Rin, the latter took a step to the side and at the same time, she turned around and let out a yell.

"Haaa!"

Eunjung got a shock because she had already kicked her leg out and it would be impossible for her to spin around. When Rin's roundhouse kick was about to hit her that moment, the reporters started clicking their cameras. White lights started flashing in the hall, blinding Rin's vision at that moment.

Rin closed her eyes out of reflex and when she realised it was a mistake to close her eyes, she opened her eyes again. But she had already missed the chance to score.

Eunjung began to counterattack back with multiple kicks.

Rin held both arms up and continued to back away.

The reporters were cheering happily for Eunjung and continued clicking their cameras like nobody's business. Even the others have a problem watching the fight due to the flashes.

Eunjung has finally stopped attacking. Rin was already sweating profusely.

Because she was using her arms to block all of Eunjung's attacks, she could feel the burning sensation but she ignored the pain and turned to look at her mother. She heaved a sigh of relief when Jiwon didn't give any point to Eunjung.

Joon-gi and Dongwook gave one another look because they were surprised that Eunjung didn't manage to get any point from Rin despite the fact that Rin lost her vision momentarily just now.

"Do you want me to tell the reporters to stop taking photos?" Eunjung asked as she made her way back to the mat. "I'm used to environment like this so I have forgotten that you didn't have any experience in large-scale competition. Are you able to adjust to such environment?"

Rin smiled creepily back at Eunjung. "If I were to tell you that, I used to train with a blindfold on. Do you think you will say the same thing at me again?"

"You..."

"Start!" Jiwon announced.

For the rest of the first round, the score remained stagnant at 0 since both of them were focused on testing one another out. There were times when Rin fought with her eyes closed and she still managed to block all of Eunjung's attacks. This was when Eunjung finally realised Rin wasn't someone she should mess around with.

0 : 0

The first round ended.

"Eunjung-ssi, can you please make the match more exciting?"

"This will be reported in the sports news tonight so please don't make it too boring!"

"Eunjung-ssi, can you use your serial kicks? Use more strength and the best is that you can KO your opponent then the shot will be good!"

Rin could hear the reporters' requests as she walked off from the mat and Eunjung was agreeing to their requests one after another.

"Daebak!"

"Pssssh! Did they not watch the match two years ago? Did they not know that you were the one who KOed her first?" Rosie muttered angrily and handed a bottle of water to Rin.

"Calm down! Let them be!" Rin told the girl and took the wet towel from Jaejoong before putting it on her face.

"Anyway senpai is going to win her! Right, Senpai?"

"The reporters are giving her a lot of pressures so she may not be able to stay calm for long." Jaejoong began. "For the second round, she might be more aggressive than before and might lure you to attack her so…"

Rin nodded as she listened to Jaejoong's analysis.

"Okay! I know what to do."

"Dongwook sunbae!" Rosie's voice snapped the two back to their reverie when they saw Dongwook walking towards their direction.

"Dongwook sunbae!" Rin bowed.

"Are your arms alright?" Dongwook asked.

"I'm fine!" Rin smiled. "I'm Iron Woman! Haha!" She rolled her sleeve up to show Dongwook.

"Good!" Dongwook nodded. "Fighting!"

"Kamsa hamnida!"

And then Dongwook made his way back to Eunjung's side. Eunjung saw that sight and shifted her gaze to Rin, tightening her grip around the water bottle.

"Second round start!" Jiwon announced.

Just like what Jaejoong had predicted, Eunjung has changed her strategy and began attacking Rin aggressively.

"Yaaa!" Eunjung leapt up into the air and was ready to axe kick Rin on the head to get that two points.

"Woohoo!" The reporters cheered out loud and started clicking their cameras repeatedly to capture the exciting moment.

Eunjung may have improved over the past two years but that didn't mean Rin didn't improve as well. She had already seen through Eunjung's move. She took a step back and Eunjung's leg just slashed down a few inches before her face. The cheering stopped abruptly.

This continued on for a short while and Eunjung has begun to look fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter