016

Fight For Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rin's victory had shaken the entire Sung Bok and it had exceeded the excitement of their five consecutive wins.

At first they thought they only had Jaejoong and Kris to rely on but with Rin's score of 14 : 0, they had changed their view on Rin completely.

The entire school was filled with laughter and excitement. Every single disciple was now burning with hope - the hope to see Sung Bok getting into the quarter final.

Rin took her phone out and made her way to the courtyard to call her father.

"Appa!"

"Chukahae, my daughter!" Byung Hyun said the moment he picked up the call.

"Kamsa hamnida, appa!" Rin beamed happily.

"Appa is so proud of you! 14 : 0 is a score that appa won't be able to get for my life."

"Appa, I was just lucky! I may not be so lucky for my next round."

"Rin-ah, it's good to be humble but being too humble will either bring your confidence down or cause others to think that you are fake."

"Araso, appa!" Rin nodded. "Appa…"

"Yes?"

"I guess you must have seen or read the news right?"

"Yes. Did you see her?"

"Not really. I was hiding my face behind a towel so I bet she didn't see me."

Byung Hyun let out a sigh. "Rin-ah, it had been so long. Time to forgive your umma. You shouldn't blame your umma!"

"She is not my umma! A woman, who chose to leave her husband and child, is not fit to be a mother!"

"Rin-ah, our relationship was already soured even before my incident so a divorce would still take place even without that incident."

"In my life, Lee Byung Hyun is my father and mother! I don't remember seeing anyone else during the past 17 years."

Byung Hyun sighed. "Rin-ah…"

"Appa, don't talk about her anymore! Let's think about what to eat after Sung Bok get its first place in the group."

"Wah! I just told you not to be too humble and now you become so confident?"

"Aigoo! Appa, you are so hard to please!"

"Hahahaha! I am sure your fellow teammates are going to celebrate with you. Don't waste time talking to your old man!" Byung Hyun laughed.

"Araso! Annyeong, appa!"

"Annyeong!"

When Rin ended her call, she turned around to see Dongwook smiling at her.

"Chuka haeyo! It's your first win right?"

"Kamsa hamnida, Dongwook sunbae!" Rin smiled and the setting sun shone on her, making her face glow.

"What is the score?"

"14 : 0!"

"Well done!" Dongwook patted her head.

Rin smiled. "Okay. I have to go now. I need to go eat my dinner then go for my training. See you around, sunbaenim!" Rin waved and ran off.

Watching how her ponytail swinging behind her head, it just brought a smile across the older man's face.

---

During the evening training session, almost all the disciples volunteered to be trained with Rin but Jaejoong chased them all out only leaving Rosie, Rin and Kris behind. Still hyped with excitement of winning the match, Rosie was extremely enthusiastic in her training with Rin.

But that enthusiasm didn't last long; half an hour later, Rosie was sitting on the mat. No matter who was the attacking side, Rosie would still be sent flying in the end.

She felt like all her bones were going to break soon.

Seeing Rosie sitting on the mat and wincing in pain, Jaejoong told the girls to take a ten minutes break.

"Come! Let me massage for you." Rin said and went over to massage her friend's shoulders. "Is it too painful for you?" Rin asked but the latter didn't seem to hear her.

Rosie was in a daze, thinking how was it possible for Rin to even know what move was she going to use and counterattack her accurately.

"How?" Rosie muttered.

"How what?" Rin asked.

"Senpai! Did you manage to learn some legendary martial arts from a secret place?" Rosie looked excitedly at Rin with her big round eyes.

"Huh?"

"You are able to read your opponent's move! You're really a genius, senpai!"

"Yah!" Jaejoong looked up with a frown.

Rosie quickly covered with her hands.

"What is there to be happy about? It's just one match!" Jaejoong said coldly and then he went back to train with Kris.

Rosie puckered her lips and looked back at Rin. "Jaejoong sunbae is always so discouraging!" Rosie whispered.

"This shows that you don't know him well." Rin smiled and looked at the man.
Rosie stared back at her friend with a questionable look. "I have been training with him for five years. I should have known him better than you."

"Yes yes yes! You know him well! You know him well!" Rin chuckled as she drank her water.

"Time to train!" Jaejoong interrupted.

Rosie got back up to her feet unwilling but when she thought of Rin was going for the tournament tomorrow, she began to burn with passion once again.

"Bring it on!" Rosie shouted.

But twenty minutes later, Rosie was lying on the mat. Jaejoong saw that she was too exhausted to train with Rin, he sent her and Kris back to rest while he stayed back to train with Rin.

It was already nighttime when Rin and Jaejoong were the only ones left in the training.

"Front kick!"

"Back kick!"

"Side kick!"

"…"

Just like last night, Jaejoong revised all the basic kicks with Rin and their interaction was zero. It was as if they didn't need to talk and they both knew what each other were thinking.

After practising for several rounds, Rin's robe was soaked with perspiration. Her hands were on her knees, trying to catch her breath. She didn't dare to say that she was tired.

"That's all for tonight." Jaejoong said as he kept the foot targets away. "You don't need to clean the training hall for the next few days. Go get some rest."

"It's okay. I need to destress in a way." Rin replied.

"Don't stress yourself too much! Just do what you can will do." With that he turned around and left the hall.

---

If Rin's first win was mainly because she was lucky, then the second match with Kim Chang was the triggering factor for the other Sung Bok disciples to look at her in another light.

Six consecutive win!

And then the next fight with the weakest school in their group, Rin actually KO-ed her opponent during the second round, bringing the seventh consecutive win for Sung Bok.

With victory kept going towards Rin, the other Taekwondo schools have begun to take notice of her, including Jiwon.

As the tournament proceeded on, the ranking within each group had become more obvious and potential group winners had also begun to observe their possible opponents. Whenever Rin was having her matches, there would be a lot of people from the other schools recording her matches for research purposes.

Jiwon was one of them and when she was having meeting with Joon-gi in her office one day, she played the video and showed it to him. "Do you know this girl?"

A smile appeared on Joon-gi's face when he saw Rin in the video. "Of course. She is from Sung Bok and she is an extremely talented athlete! I guess she must have inherited her father's genes!"

"Her father? He is a Taekwondo athlete as well?" Jiwon asked.

Joon-gi nodded. "Lee Byung Hyun is her father!"

Jiwon dropped the pen onto the floor the moment she heard Joon-gi's reply.
"Seonsaeng-nim, are you okay?" Joon-gi asked.

"Yes." Jiwon replied.

"You don't look okay to me. You look pale!"

"Don't worry! I'm fine." Jiwon smiled. "I'll make a trip down to the tournament tomorrow."

"Okay. I will be there too! I want to see Rin fight too!"

Jiwon looked up at with him with a raised brow. "You are interested in her? You are okay with her background?"

"What background does she have? Are you referring to Lee Byung Hyun sunbae?"

Jiwon nodded.

"It's already in the past. Moreover I am chasing his daughter not him so why should I be bothered?"

Jiwon just smiled and not said anything.

---

Finally it was the day whereby Sung Bok would face Ik-Seung Dojang.

In last year's tournament, Ik-Seung was in the top eight and they were pretty strong. Before the start of the tournament, Sung Bok had once had a warm-up match with them. Other than Jaejo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter