七 seven

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

do kyungsoo:origins

"Thanks, old man!" Lucifer smiled at the man who handed him the steaming hot buns.
"Eat to your heart's content little boy." 
Lucifer nodded, not hesitating any further to dig in. The man had been gracious enough to provide the shelterless demon with food and a roof to sleep under, and although gratitude wasn't one of Lucifer's virtues, he couldn't help but bestow good wishes on this man.

"Hello old man Byun, I would like to buy some of this." 
Lucifer watched the old man conversing with other people, people who were his customers.He called him an old man to stay in character, even though Lucifer himself was eons old. The old man seemed to be well liked around this neighborhood, and this wasn't very surprising. He was a kind and understanding person, who took in a shady looking young boy without a second thought.Lucifer definitely looked out of the ordinary. He had taken the form of a child with striking blue eyes and dark raven hair, a captivating but rather odd combination.

After attending to the customers for the day, the old man returned to Lucifer. He patted his head and sat down next to him.
"So what is your name?"
"Lu- I don't have one." He corrected himself.
The old man looked at the young boy for a minute.
"I had a dainty little brother named Baekhyun. He died many years ago…"
"I'm sorry."
"No, not at all. What I meant was, you have an earnest smile like him." 
Lucifer grinned at him, his sterling white teeth shining even under the dim lighting.
"Why don't you call me Baekhyun too, then?" 
"Sounds wonderful. Then you're Baekhyun from today."

The place Lucifer had the misfortune of ending up was somewhere called Bucheon in South Korea. He didn't know much about the people or the culture. But despite the weight of the recent events, 'Baekhyun' was eager to explore. It did not matter if hell had disowned him, he was in a place he would truly like to be in, among all these humans.
But Baekhyun knew he couldn't stay here for too long. He was fond of this old man, but he couldn't possibly burden him forever.

"I'll get going then." 
Baekhyun bowed at the old man and waved.
"You could've stayed here for longer, boy." The old man insisted.
"I can't cause you more inconvenience. Thank you for everything."

Saying that much, Baekhyun left for Seoul, the capital of the country he currently resided in. The old man had given him some cash and change of clothes. But Baekhyun knew he wouldn't need any help from now on.
Once he reached Seoul,  he didn't take too long to adjust. Keeping his roots his mind, he killed quite a few people and robbed them clean if he deemed them 'not interesting enough'. This way he could collect enough funds to buy food, and rent himself a place to live in.Lucifer, the Oldest Prince of Hell couldn't possibly be defeated by mere mortals, hence he was certainly at an advantage. 
He was bestowed with superior intelligence, and undeniable charm, that helped him make his way through this unfamiliar world. Baekhyun was also ruthless at that, as he had been ever since he found himself in hell. Taking human lives didn't bother him, as long as he could witness their glorious end.
Baekhyun was growing more and more used to this solitary lifestyle, with no family or friends, until he met that boy.


It was a warm Saturday morning when Baekhyun had his first encounter with Do Kyungsoo.
His eyes were fixated on the book he was reading, and nothing around him mattered. The library wasn't too busy, and the quiet atmosphere made it perfect for Baekhyun to continue his research. 
On the surface, a boy looking no older than twelve, reading a fat psychology book made close to no sense, but people at the library were generally inquisitive, so no one bothered to trouble him over it.
Or close to no one.

"Huhhh you like psychology?" 
Baekhyun's eyes lifted from what he was reading, to the source of the sudden noise.
A boy, who looked approximately the same age as him, sat in front of the unsuspecting Baekhyun.
"Yes."  was all Baekhyun said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter