二十四twenty four

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Purge and disperse, that I may see and tell 
Of things invisible to mortal sight."

Bora wondered if all of this was a good idea after all. She wanted to know the truth behind Baekhyun, yes, but was it worth the risk? If he really was everything Junmyeon had claimed he was, then she was practically jumping into the rabbit hole. This was risky, much more than what Junmyeon was willing to admit. And Bora wasn't stupid either, she very much understood how much of this was personal propaganda. While she did not know the details of what kind of beef they had, it had to be something. For a CEO of such a major company to concern himself with a singular person, it had to be significant. Either that, or Junmyeon was far pettier than she realized.

The past couple of things were spent chatting with Boxian, and she was almost sickened by how sweet he was being to her. It almost reminded her of how nice he was when she went by the alias of Zi. Boxian had stopped contacting her ever since the day she was supposed to meet him, and since then she hadn't heard anything from him. All of it made sense now, just as much as she did not want it to. 

From the perspective of a teenager, it was quite obvious that Boxian had charm. His way of talking, subtle humor…everything painted a picture of a gentle young man. A gentle young man who wanted to die, supposedly. But since Bora was no teenager, the whole suicide aspect of it was immediately redundant to her. She knew the man behind the screen, and she couldn't believe a word he said by default. He was lying through his teeth, and she could feel it in her bones. Bora was now disgusted more than she had been when she first met him, and even if any of Junmyeon's claims turned out to be false, how could she possibly not hate Baekhyun when he was basically causing teenagers to take their lives?

All things said and done, she was now more resolute than ever.

"You're putting her in unnecessary trouble Junmyeon." Kim Jongdae muttered, quietly sipping the iced americano he had purchased earlier. "We both know Baekhyun is dangerous, this could be a risk to her life."

Junmyeon sighed, shaking his head as he crossed his arms above his chest. "That's why I'm asking for you to tail her throughout the sting." His tone was clearly irritated and his eyes were pretty much narrowed into slits.

"S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter