二十七twenty seven

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae and Chanyeol had been tasked by Junmyeon to keep an eye on Bora as she seemingly 'revealed' Baekhyun's somewhat already open secret. Almost everyone who knew him knew he was a lot of trouble, and Jongdae had figured Bora did too. After all, she had been the person who had accused him of being the reason Kyungsoo was attacked. It was a little odd, when he thought back on it. Her behaviour since then had changed drastically. She was supposedly going out on dates with the very man she deemed shady. Jongdae preferred to not look too much into such things. What people did in their personal lives wasn't all that interesting to him beyond a certain point. He was a happy man, and had a girlfriend he loved a lot. Something not a lot of people his age had the fortune of saying. When he looked at Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, who were all the same age as him yet lead vastly different lives; he did often feel grateful. He was perhaps the only one with some sense of stability.
Jongdae sat in his car, mindlessly scrolling through the phone. He had sent Chanyeol to go to ground zero and keep an eye on the situation. Considering the last time Bora went off to meet someone, she practically fell off a building, it was more than reasonable to be concerned. Gangnam was the centre of a lot of odd happenings, but things had begun to spiral out of control at this point. He had a handful of suspicions about Baekhyun that could possibly be confirmed tonight. Jongdae was aware that there was something Junmyeon knew about Baekhyun that the rest of them did not. He came to the conclusion that Baekhyun had threatened him to stay shut about it. Whatever it was, it would come to light today.
Some part of Jongdae almost sympathized with Baekhyun. Things were finally looking up for him, and it seemed him and Bora had a good thing going for them. But Baekhyun seemed highly self-destructive in nature, even more so than Chanyeol. He seemed nonchalant on the surface, but Jongdae was confident that deep down, he perhaps wanted normalcy too. He had known Baekhyun all the way back in middle school, yet the latter continued to remain a massive mystery to him. He was aloof yet extremely popular. Baekhyun knew how to abuse the fan-following he had, but he never once got too close to anyone. Even now, Kyungsoo was the only friend he had. It was a somewhat pitiful existence, but clearly Baekhyun didn't seem to mind. He seemed to be happy doing what he was doing. His unconventional job, and his lack of accountability; he seemed to enjoy every bit of it.
On the contrary, from what he could tell, Bora was just a normal girl. She was a normal girl who happened to be stuck with a bunch of abnormal people. Her friendship with Kyungsoo seemed to be the catalyst to everything else, and it was merely coincidental that she got herself into this mess. Had it been anyone else in her position, the result could not have been all that different. Knowing Kyungsoo, working for Junmyeon and capturing the interest of Baekhyun-all seemed to work against Bora. He pit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter