十七 seventeen

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what seemed like an eternity of exchanging absolutely perplexed looks with Baekhyun, Junmyeon finally spoke up.

"You didn't show up the past couple of days, miss Lee, are you feeling unwell?" He asked, his voice laced with as much professionalism as he could muster. In response Bora shook her head and smiled at him.
"I had to visit a sick friend." She spoke in a normal tone that really got on Baekhyun's nerves for some reason. He looked at her from his peripheral vision, awaiting the big blast that was about to come.
"Oh, how are they now?" Suho inquired, in attempts to prolong the conversation.
"I couldn't meet them sadly, they never showed up." She shrugged.
"Oh I see. That's too bad." Junmyeon eyed the files before taking them from her. "Thank you for your hard work, you're excused."
With a curt bow, Bora turned around to leave. 
"Have a nice day, Baekhyun-ssi." She flashed him a genuinely kind smile before walking away. 

Once the young female was out of sight, Baekhyun buried his face in his palms.
"What the hell is happening…" he muttered to himself.
"Did you use one of your superpowers on her?" Junmyeon raised an eyebrow, not quite being able to digest the situation himself.
"My superpowers don't include erasing memories-" Suddenly, Baekhyun's voice came to a halt, and he immediately slipped into deep thought.
"And I'm guessing you know someone who does?" Junmyeon questioned.
Baekhyun shook his head in approval, some level of uncertainty on his face.
"Well the archangels do possess the ability to erase memories. It's not permanent, they can relapse due to triggers but in most cases that does not happen." He explained.
"So it's one of them. Why would they do you a favor?" 

Baekhyun placed his face in his palms, seemingly in deep thought. No matter how many different angles he looked at it from, he really couldn't find an answer to Junmyeon's question. 
"I don't know…" He trailed off, his eyes looking at the time on the clock. He got out of the seat and straightened himself. "I'll visit Kyungsoo now and look into this later. Thanks for the help, Junmyeon." He said simply, before walking out of the office.

Junmyeon ce again, to the magnificent view of Seoul visible from the huge glass windows in his office. Baekhyun did not sound smug this time, he looked genuinely concerned. This was perhaps the only time Lucifer might've felt so bested in his stay here. The prospect of him experiencing the human emotions of doubt and anxiety first hand really seemed to excite Junmyeon.

"This is beautiful." He muttered to himself.

Baekhyun rang Kyungsoo's doorbell, waiting patiently for him to answer it. He was still recovering from his injuries, so Baekhyun knew it would take some time for the door to be opened for him. 

Suprisingly enough it did not take as long as usual. He walked in, and made his way through the hallway to Kyungsoo's living area. He was more than just surprised to find a second person in Kyungsoo's company…a person he definitely recognized.

"Ah great timing Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo exclaimed with joy. "Doctor Zhang told me that you'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter