二十三twenty three

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had never been the person to get too involved with humans. He felt loving one person over everyone else was like going against his claim of loving all of humanity. He had already made an exception for Kyungsoo, his only friend, and he wasn't willing to display love in a more literal sense anytime soon.

However, despite his stoic attitude, there was a part of Baekhyun did crave some sort of affection. It could've been the familial affection he was denied in hell, or it could've been something more. Several one-night rendezvous and constant reminders that he did not need anything too serious are what had kept him from doing anything too reckless. He had built a wall around himself that was practically impenetrable. And despite the sheer number of odd people had run into in his career of a similar nature, Baekhyun had never looked back. He had never felt the need to get close to anyone and he planned to spend the rest of his days sticking to the same modus operandi.

But his life had taken quite a drastic turn in a short period of time. With the return of his younger brothers and several archangels to the mortal realm, and not to mention Lee Bora. For the first time in a really long time, Prince Lucifer was not able to foresee the immediate future. He had always been sharp, able to read humans like an open book. But most of what he was dealing with at the moment was not human. He could not read his brothers, he could not tell what Michael was cooking up. His incompetence when it comes to understanding higher beings had already cost Kyungsoo, and it seemed that with time he would end up unnecessarily involving even more humans. 

And Kyungsoo was right, his discomfort was written all over his face. Baekhyun was becoming more human than he needed to, and there was something he had to do about this situation as fast as he possibly could.

"How are we going to go about this?" Bora raised her eyebrow, her dark orbs directly bearing into her boss'.

"It's a simple plan. You'll contact Baekhyun first, as someone interested in a suicide pact. Cook up the average teenager's sob story, and he won't suspect a thing." Junmyeon replied, his hands folded neatly over one another and his gaze fixed onto the screen in front of him. 

"Do you think he'll fall for it? I don't think he's that stupid." Of course, Bora refused to believe that a guy like Baekhyun who had managed to stay off the police's radar for such a long amount of time despite all his shady dealings was nothing more than your average joe. He had to be intelligent, extremely so, to be able to dodge the bullet over an extended period of time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter