二十twenty

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"From his lips, not words alone pleased her. "

Byun Baekhyun was genuinely unhappy with his current predicament. Who would've imagined that making one wrong move would start a domino effect leading the prince of darkness towards the destruction of his own morals? If only Astaroth had not shown up at the wrong place at the wrong time, perhaps none of this would've happened. He wouldn't have found himself seated opposite a woman he tried to kill on a 'coffee date'. 

Truth be told, Baekhyun didn't even like coffee. Kyungsoo seemed to really love his caffeine fix on the daily, but it hadn't quite rubbed off on him. A glass of scotch or whiskey was certainly a more preferred drink for the information broker. He found himself gazing nervously at the cappuccino he had ordered. Not that the drink itself was too distasteful, but because of his own uneasiness regarding the situation.

Byun Baekhyun was shy.

This situation is something that his younger brothers would've taken great pleasure in laughing at. He couldn't even begin to imagine all the mockery that would be directed his way when the populace of his homeland discovers that he didn't know how to deal with a woman. A human woman. Baekhyun had no idea how to respond to Bora when she asked him if he would like to go out for a coffee sometime. His instincts told him to flat out reject the offer, yet here he was, seated opposite to the woman herself, unsure if he should initiate a conversation. 

Lee Bora wasn't special, he continued to tell himself. Yet in his over a decade-long stay in the mortal realm, he had never found himself on a proper date even once. All the girls he had 'dated' in his high school days were just desperate groupies who were easy to discard after screwing around with a few times. Baekhyun was satisfied with that. He couldn't care less about feelings or camaraderie as long as his physical needs were satisfied. Besides, admittedly he was insanely popular too. In those glory days, Byun Baekhyun had developed an almost cult-like following. He would never say it out loud, but Baekhyun knew the effect he had on women. He was devilishly handsome, smart and most importantly undeniably charismatic. If he wanted something, he could get it. People were drawn to him without even realizing it, and that is exactly why he could get so far in his career without even trying.

In modern society, Baekhyun was still fairly young, and an entirely self-made millionaire. His come up story might even be inspirational to a few. But in the end, all the demon prince had to do was make use of his gifts wisely. Become a benevolent ruler in a world of naive yet beautiful humans.

Humans that he was supposed to love equally.

"All you alright, Baekhyun-ssi?" Bora snapped the anxious young man out of his trance.

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind lately." He responded in a quiet tone, his eyes still on the warm cup of cappuccino which probably would not stay that way for long. Deciding it would be a shame if his drink got cold, he brought it up to his lips and took a sip of the frothy liquid. It was actually a rather satisfying drink, almost too good to have been concocted by a human.

Even the place the currently found themselves in, it had an eerie feeling to Baekhyun. Bora had stated that this was a re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter