十二 twelve

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He who receives
Light from above, from the Fountain of Light,
No other doctrine needs, though granted true;
But these are false, or little else but dreams,
Conjectures, fancies, built on nothing firm.” 

Baekhyun's eyes remained fixed on his chessboard, which was more or less a representation of the current battlefield.

On one side was the black army, the army of hell.

On one side was the white army, the army of heaven.

The black king, Satan.

The white king, God.

And their ranks formed of angels and demons.

It was such a perfect representation, Baekhyun was elated. This was one of the things he enjoyed the most. Whenever he felt like wreaking havoc in Gangnam, he would arrange his chess board to imitate the said war zone. He felt the supreme being overseeing all these events.

He felt like God.

But those days were behind him. He did not even live in Gangnam anymore. He knew that Myeongdong perhaps had his own set of eccentric people and unexplained events, but he could not award his attention to them quite yet, especially when Gangnam was b with just the right kind of people.

In the middle of the chessboard, he placed a piece from Othello.This piece had the ability to be black if so desired, or white when the time was right.This piece represented Lucifer.

An angel. A devil. Or perhaps something no one could fathom.

He also placed a piece of shogi in the middle, next to him. This piece was the gold general. "If only I could involve Yeollie in this war too." He snickered to himself, his laugh becoming more maniac with the second.

At a distance, Junmyeon watched him with distaste. His eyes fixated on this being whom he could not stand. Calling him a demon would be an insult to demons, Junmyeon mused. 

"Say Suho, would you like to place your bets on how this would turn out?"In response, Junmyeon shook his head.

"Your family problems don't interest me in the least." He retorted.To this, Baekhyun chuckled in response once again.

"The scale of my family problems is a just a little, a teeny tiny bit, too big, don't you think?" Baekhyun then peeled his eyes away from the obviously disinterested Junmyeon and looked down at his chessboard once again. In his hands, he held a delicate shogi pawn. 

"And what about your cute little employee, don't care about her? I thought companies were supposed to offer them perks."At those words, Junmyeon narrowed his eyes at the young information broker.

"What are you planning to do with Bora?" Sensing a sudden tension in the atmosphere, Baekhyun smiled triumphantly.

"Don't worry, I have no intention of kidnapping her and physically assaulting her to the point where she can't walk ever again." He laughed."But the poor little girl with sight, her mind will be twice as easy to break." 

"You won't-"

"But I can." Baekhyun cut Junmyeon's voice with a strong, authoritative tone that would make anyone quiver with fear."And anyway, I love humans. Don't you think that gives me the right to go to any lengths to express my adoration?" 

"I don't think I need to tell you this." Junmyeon began,"But humanity hates your guts." 

Once again, Baekhyun couldn't help but burst into a laughter full of happiness. "I guess you're right." 

Frequenting café's had become more or less of a hobby at this point for Bora. Ever since Kyungsoo regained consciousness, she brought new items from café's for him to eat in the greyscale hospital every day.Today was another such day. Standing by the counter, she looked at the menu and contemplated what to buy. After settling on a latte herself, she also placed and order for macaroons for Kyungsoo.

Once again, she let the calm yet the chatty atmosphere of the place surround her. Her mind briefly wandered to a couple of days ago, when she found herself in the middle of an alleyway with no recollection of what she had just done. She also had a freshly brewed macchiato in her hand. It did disturb her a little when she thought about it. No matter how hard she tried, the memories just would not come. Discarding that thought, she gazed outside the window at the busy afternoon street. People came and went, as always.Just then, a certain blond in a bartender uniform caught her eye.

"Park...Chanyeol?" She muttered unconsciously.

Undeniably, there was only one man in Gangnam with that exact look. And hell, he pulled it off perfectly.That was Park Chanyeol, Gangnam's strongest man.Walking with him was a shorter man, wearing a casual suit, he seemed to have an easy going and lazy look.She watched them pass with curiosity, but she hadn't imagined that they would walk into the same café as her.While searching for a seat, Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter