十五 fifteen

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Infront of her eyes,Bora saw many fleeting memories. Her childhood. Teenage. Memories,both good and bad.            And things she was happy that no one would've known till the end.

Bora knew she couldn't possibly survive this fall, but she didn't know why she was thinking so much in the span of a few seconds between life and demise. Just as she was ready to accept her permanent fate, something held her back.

Someone held her.

Bora never hit the ground, instead she was safe in the arms of the last person she expected to see on the given day. "Park Chanyeol?" She muttered unconsciously.

Her eyes bearing into his huge ones. His expression was confused, on the verge of furious. Surely no one would have a mild reaction if they saw a person falling from the rooftop. For a few seconds he remained absolutely still, like a statue. He didn't utter a single word, and continued to stare- almost glare at her. Without another word, Chanyeol let her down, supporting her till she fully regained balance.     

 The very first thought that occupied Bora's mind was,what the hell was this guy? He caught her like it was nothing, like she was just a light feather floating through the air. It's almost as if physics went ballistic around this person. The second thought, the more logical one, was how did he know she would be here? The fact that he was here at the exact instant,was it fate,or pure luck?

In the meanwhile, Chanyeol intently stared at the rooftop, his huge eyes squinting to see properly in the dim lighting. After not being able find whatever he was looking for, he gave up and directed his gaze back at the absolutely perplexed Bora. "Come." Was all he said before turning the other way, expecting her to follow his lead. And despite not necessarily wanting to, Bora did exactly that.

A radio silence ensued, and the girl had no idea where this odd man in the bartender uniform was taking her. As their presence from the scene completely disappeared, a new person appeared from a narrow lane between two of the neighboring buildings. Just the presence of Park Chanyeol had scared the living daylights out of Huang Zitao, and he didn't dare to make his presence known. He let out a loud groan and relieved his frustration by punching the wall. This wouldn't do. Bian Boxian would bury him alive if he didn't think of a quick strategy to make things work. 

Bora desperately tried to make sense of what happened around her. But no matter how hard she tried to reason the events around her, nothing added up. Byun Baekhyun was Boxian. That was one part that added up perfectly. Boxian was well informed of events around the city and was always at the top of things, something a person with the preposterous occupation of 'information broker' would find second nature. But what about the rest?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter