十三 thirteen

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air was certainly heavy. Jongdae and Chanyeol constantly exchanged nervous glances,as the witnessed the girl in front of them slipping into shock.
'It probably doesn't feel nice to be lied to by your friend.' Jongdae mused. He wasn't as close to Kyungsoo as Chanyeol, but being friendly acquaintances, he knew Kyungsoo was far from being a bad guy. Sure he was rather eccentric, and definitely came off odd, but he realized that he was perhaps just as much of a Messiah to Bora as he was to Chanyeol or Baekhyun.
The usually stone faces Park Chanyeol showed obvious hints of uneasiness on his face. 
'. She's not looking good.'
He closed his eyes for a few seconds, wondering if he should initiate some form of help. Chanyeol wasn't good with people. He definitely had close to no experience with women. He would only make things worse.

"Um miss, this might come as not a very pleasant surprise but Kyungsoo's not at fault, he probably didn't mention in because he doesn't want you getting hurt-" Jongdae began.

"Please excuse me." Is all the gloomy Bora said before getting out of her seat. She bowed slightly to the two men before taking their leave. She stormed out of the cafe, hiding the tears she had been holding back.

Once she left,Jongdae let out a long sigh of relief.
"Man we screwed up." He said, leaning back on his seat. Chanyeol stayed quiet, but the guilt had consumed him just as much.
"I didn't expect Kyungsoo to lie to a friend." He said in a seemingly grim voice.
"He didn't do anything wrong." Jongdae shook his head.

The huge flat screen television played a song by a famous idol,Bang Jimin.
"Ah look it's your Jiminnie." Jongdae grinned at Chanyeol.
"Shut up."

Rule number one: Never mention the famous idol Bang Jimin in front of Chanyeol if you want to live to see another day.

"Seriously, you must really hate your younger brother if you get that pissed off just by hearing his name."
"I don't hate him. I just don't want anyone knowing we're related."
Jongdae smiled at the apathetic Chanyeol.
"Under that stone exterior, you're just really worried that Jimin's relation to you would harm his reputation. The fact that Bang Jimin is actually 'Park Jimin'."
To this, Chanyeol responded with silence.
"You know Chanyeol. Sometimes I think, the only person you hate more than Baekhyun,is yourself."

This was a philosophy Kim Jongdae came up with after being around Chanyeol for quite sometime. The seemingly threatening and dangerous man was nothing but a lonely and self conscious person who was afraid of his own strength. Jongdae knew that,which is what drew him to Chanyeol. Which is why he employed him despite knowing what kind of a reputation he had around Gangnam.

Once again, Jongdae was met with s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter