二十一twenty one

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Michael…" Baekhyun's words almost came out like a hiss, to which the barista in front of him shot him a confused look. 

"Excuse me, sir?" He raised an eyebrow. Baekhyun almost bought his innocence for a second, after all, he had always been good at feigning it.

Then Luhan's words echoed in his head. 'Michael is touring as a barista','He calls himself Xiumin'. Baekhyun cursed himself for not paying enough attention to the name of the restaurant. He hadn't been too keen on this date in the first place, and naturally small details like these didn't seem to be of much importance then.

"I mean, it was pretty good." Baekhyun shook his head, trying to keep his composure. This is not what he had bargained for. A part of him hoped that this was just a random person that somehow held a resemblance to heaven's highest archangel. But the demon prince was more than well aware of the fact that something like that was absolutely impossible, given the circumstances.

The barista nodded with a pleased smile and left the two shortly after. The rest of the date passed just as Baekhyun had expected it to. He loved all aspects of humans, but this was genuinely boring. Couldn't she shut up and just finish her drink? Purposely making it last longer was of no use, nothing could change Baekhyun's lack of interest.

Finally, after what seemed like a few millennia, they finally found themselves outside "Xiumin's", ready to bit their adieus.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk a lot." Baekhyun scratched his neck, with a fake sheepish smile playing on his lips. "There was a lot on my mind." Baekhyun didn't feel obliged to apologize to the woman. After all, she was the one who thought it was a good idea. Yet just to not come off as a complete , he did his part anyway. Baekhyun might've lacked sentiment, but he wasn't unaware of common courtesy. Even though his clients were nothing but measly mortals in front of a demon prince, he had learned to be polite for the sake of a profitable business.

Bora shook her head in response, her smile a lot more genuine than his. "It's okay, you don't have to apologize." The puppy face she was making might've been cute, but to Baekhyun, behavior like this was, for the most part, utterly distasteful.

Once again, out of good manners, he offered to drop her home. Luckily she refused though, stating that she needed to be back in office to pick up some files. How convenient.

But why didn't she leave? Baekhyun stood there awkwardly for a good minute, trying to figure out why she didn't budge. She still had that puppy look playing on her face and- oh. With a little apprehension,  he leaned down, placing a gentle kiss to her lips, but did not linger long enough for her to reciprocate. Well, that seemed to do the trick. Finally, he was alone. He was more than ready to head back home when a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Think you can spare some time?" A familiarly annoying voice of Michael spoke up and Baekhyun turned around, evidently not too keen on th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter