三十thirty

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The truth?" Jongin raised an eyebrow, subtle amusement evident on his face. "It's as clear as day, Bora." The fact that he referred to her so casually as if they were friends was a little off-putting to Bora, but in favor of guarding her life she did not retort to this. "Lucifer is our older brother. And he's first in line to the throne of Hell." These words in any other scenario would have seemed rather comedic. Hell? Throne? While it certainly seemed like something straight out of a fantasy young-adult novel, Bora was aware that the man in front of her was dead serious. After all she had witnessed it with her own eyes- what Baekhyun and his supposed younger brothers are capable of. If they aren't human, they might as well be demons from Hell. What was there to refute in that?  She was already aware of the fact that there was more to the world than what the human eyes could perceive, this was just one of those inexplicable phenomena. Bora did not have anything to add to this fact, so she continued to listen to what Jongin had to say.

"He has a stupid and unhealthy obsession with humans. Our father was displeased with his actions and that lead to his exile." Jongin continued to explain what seemed to be Baekhyun's origin story. "But what's supposed to be a matter of shame for the future King- that bastard is enjoying it more than anything." The older of the twins was visibly annoyed as he talked about none other than his own older brother. But before he could badmouth Baekhyun any further, Sehun intervined.

"He has unnecessary attachments to the mortal realm. You, and Do Kyungsoo. Once you're out of the picture, he will have nothing else to stay here for." Sehun's voice was rather matter-of-factly, even though what he was suggesting was obviously sinister. "Consider it a small sacrifice to retain the balance of our worlds." Sehun was nonchalant in his attitude, he had no qualms in admitting to the fact that he intended to murder Bora sooner or later. He didn't like how she held the power to change Baekhyun. Lucifer did not need change. He didn't need unnecessary things like friends. These humans would wither and die, and they would most certainly leave a hole in Baekhyun. From there on, he would become an empty shell of his former self. All of these possibilities spelt trouble for the future of Hell. 

He wanted to pass it off as unwavering loyalty to his father and his kingdom, but deep down, perhaps it was just a hint of jealousy. However, before Sehun could follow through on his little speech on how he was a necessary evil and that everything he did was in Bae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter