五 five

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora stopped on her tracks, hearing the faint words from Baekhyun.
She eyed him for a mere second before turning away, shaking her head.
What she heard could be entirely a figment of her imagination, but it was difficult to shake off. 
Regardless she continued to walk in the other direction.

Baekhyun's smile only widened.
Was Michael's prediction already coming true?Damn, he loved that future predicting bastard sometimes.
That being said, Baekhyun was not above being cautious. All these years he had spent here, no one ever discovered him, not even his best friend.
And he wanted it to be that way, if he wanted to live long and prosper around here, he needed to stay in the shadows.

He hummed as he drove his way back to Kyungsoo's house. He watched the sceneries of Gangnam pass by and smiled to himself, he really liked this place. But moving to Myeongdong was necessary for more reasons than one.
His mind vaguely wandered back to Bora's expression at Kyungsoo's house. Just the thought made him chuckle. Humans who could completely sense the presence of higher beings were fairly rare, especially lately. But they were also a sign of trouble. Which is why creatures like Baekhyun were better off staying hidden in the night.
In the light of the day, Baekhyun's aura was almost identical to those of normal people, picking him apart in broad daylight would be fairly difficult. But at night, that was a different story.
It went the other way around for angels like Gabriel, they were fairly noticeable even at dawn. But people tend to not be suspicious of angels, a fact Baekhyun loathed greatly.
Even his stay here was highly scrutinized by the angels, they claimed 'his very existence made people stray farther away from God' and blamed the recent surge in atheism on him. Baekhyun wouldn't completely deny it, the reason why people were losing faith in God was a side effect of his continued existence on Earth, sooner or later, the angels would descend to rectify this, but till then Baekhyun could go on loving his humans.  

The radio played a song of Girl's Generation, an idol group Baekhyun really adored. Kyungsoo had called him off many times for singing their songs horribly, although it was a well-known fact that he was an incredibly competent singer. Kyungsoo just hated to admit that someone could hit those notes just as well as him. 
Currently, the song "Run Devil Run" boomed inside Baekhyun's Audi, it was slightly ironic to him. He wasn't running away from anyone.

But just then, as if, Mother Nature heard his unsaid plea, a fig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter