十四 fourteen

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Freely they stood who stood,fell who fell."

"You can't always expect the universe to do your bidding, Boxian." A tall, tan man directed his gaze towards Boxian. He had a visible accent while speaking Korean, making it obvious that he was of a different nationality.

"Seriously Tao, when was the last time the universe refused to do my bidding?" Boxian laughed it off, his cheerful persona in contrast with the stern man in front of him.

"Whenever that was, you probably laughed it off saying 'It was according to my expectations'." The taller man shrugged. 

"Certainly. No matter what the outcome, whatever my adorable humans do is equally amusing to me." He chuckled, his eyes directed to the open sky above him.

"You are really sick to the core, Bian Boxian." The other man hissed, he evidently was not too fond of the man called Boxian.

"A gang leader does not have any right to call me sick, Huang Zitao. Especially since you are willingly taking up my job." 

Zitao frowned, looking away. He had a history with the man called Boxian, in fact, he was the one to present him with the name. This Chinese name was the same as Boxian's Korean one, but most people never realized it, it was a convenient alias, one of Boxian's personal favorites. 

"I don't understand you. You could do everything yourself, there is no danger involved when it comes to you, then why do you need me?" 

Boxian only smiled at Zitao with his million dollar pearly whites. "When you drown people in despair and suddenly bring them hope, they are at their happiest. But when you steal the small glimmer of hope once again, they are damaged beyond repair." Boxian sing-songed, much to Zitao's annoyance.

"You're not making any sense, man. Just admit you're a crazy motherf-"

"I am not crazy." Boxian interrupted, his sweet smile had now turned into something entirely different. Beneath the surface, Boxian's true nature flicked its tongue. "I am just true to my desires." 

Once again, Zitao seemed least interested in Boxian's philosophy. "By the way." 
"Hm?"
"Your contact lenses are hella rad, they look so realistic,where'd you get them from?"
Boxian laughed in response,shaking his head.

"The answer is quite simple, they are not." 

Kyungsoo's face was placed on his palm, his expression did not give away much, but he was very disturbed. In front of him Kim Jongdae and Park Chanyeol exchanged glances from time to time.

"She must be quite mad,I suppose?" Kyungsoo said, a sigh escaping his lips shortly. 
"Well we can't really say for sure." Jongdae muttered in response.
Chanyeol and Jongdae paid him a visit, and also apologized for spilling his well-kept secret to his childhood friend. Kyungsoo could already imagine what she would've felt like, and it worried him quiet a bit.
Kyungsoo had dialed Bora a number of times over the past couple of days, but she did not pick up a single time. At first Kyungsoo reckoned she must've been mad at him, but his suspicions grew stronger when she supposedly did not turn up to work the next day without any prior notice. Her workplace seemed to be just as clueless as him, but they suggested she might be unwell.

"I can't do much from a bed you know." He confessed, his hands joined together in prayer. "But this is very unlike Bora.She should've atleast texted once."

Out of thin air,Jongdae made an announcement.
"We'll find her." 
Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo looked at him in disbelief,with Kyungsoo expressing his doubts first.
"But how?"
"I know someone who'll be able to find the Miss." Jongdae presented the two of them with an all knowing smile. 
"But-" Kyungsoo tried to express his disagreement once more but was cut short.
"Trust me Kyungsoo. We're only owning upto our mistake." Jongdae nodded to himself before turning the other way. "We'll bring her back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter