零 prologue

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This horror will grow mild, this darkness light"

 

Sooyoung couldn't believe how much happened in the span of the past few months. How miserable her life had truly become.And now with her parents gone, she had nowhere to go anymore. No place to belong to.

That's when he came along. He called himself Boxian, and she met him on online chat a couple of months ago. Much like herself, Boxian did not possess the will to live anymore. He says he lost all, and couldn't bear to lose more.And that is how she ended up here, in Gangnam. From Jeju, she came all the way to Seoul, only for this one man.

To die with him.

Suicide pacts were growing more and more popular, dismayed young individuals found partners online to die with them. It seemed like a stupid idea at first, but the more she talked to Boxian, the more convinced Sooyoung had grown. Seoul had become a hub for this suicidal youth to fulfill what they considered their true purpose.Sooyoung was no different. She understood that she was nothing more than a mere coward,but somehow she felt proud of the decision she made. 

She felt glad that she acquainted this man.

Even though she had never seen Boxian's face, she could tell that he was a beautiful man. The way he had his way with words, the true gentlemanly instinct, it all swayed her right off her feet. Given a few months, she would've definitely fallen for this man. But that was not what she was here for. She was here to put an end to the misery that was her life.

She stood face to face with Boxian. And just like she had thought, he was beautiful. In fact he was a little too beautiful.He had eyes as blue as the ocean, and his skin was as fair as snow. He looked like he came straight out of a fairy tale. His dark raven hair framed his face, and his lips were a beautiful baby pink shade.His clothes weren't particularly spectacular, he wore a black jacket, over a black shirt, and leather pants of the same color. He really seemed to like the color black.

'Those are some really nice contact lenses.',or so she had thought. 

"Welcome, miss Sooyoung" He presented her with a warm smile, it was gorgeous.Sooyoung was captivated by this man's beauty, she was at a loss for words.

"Are you Boxian?" She questioned, although she already knew the answer.

A slight chuckle escaped his pretty lips, even his laugh sounded like a melody.

"Of course,it is me, Boxian, as you call me." His smile showed off his dazzling set of teeth, he had the most captivating grin she might've beheld in her life.

They currently stood on the top floor of an abandoned building, somewhere on the outskirts of the city. She had come to learn that these buildings, which were no longer in use, were becoming more and more frequented as suicide spots.She was about to walk up to him when he did something extremely odd.

Out of the pocket in his leather pants,he pulled out an object. On close inspection, Sooyoung realized that it was a revolver.Her eyes widened, and she unconsciously took a step back.

"W-what is this?"

Boxian looked at the revolver momentarily, and then back at her.

"Taurus Raging Bull Model 444, beautiful isn't she?" He smiled at her innocently, as if meaning no harm. "She even matches with my horoscope." Saying this, he pointed his gun towards her, closing one eye for precision.

Sooyoung couldn't believe her eyes. She cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter